Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So who is enjoying the Actifry channel then ?? , seriously they are going to lose a lot of casual viewers through these changes, people who would normally have channel on in background, it is boring as hell now

Maybe he won't bother now that he won't see his name or get a name check.

That's the massive risk for them. Shop at Bid has lost the parts that made it truly distinctive even if they were superficially misleading (falling prices, displaying buyer names), but keeping what appears to be the same stock and the same presenters. It's true that the graphics are smarter, the phone call's cheaper and you don't have to wait for a callback but crucially the delivery time's still embarrassing due to their circumstances AND the p&p appears to be similar as well.

And to make matters worse, Shop at Bid initially has to make do with what I can only think of as a poor quality and dwindling customer base. Rebuilding a reputation can take years, and their "fresh clean look" has effectively been ruined by featuring the same old products.

If I was a creditor I would be deeply unimpressed by all of this.

And with no names being shown on screen, certain presenters will no longer pretend they know the buyers "because they buy so much from us cos we are great value". I won't name names. (OK Peter Sherlock and Dirty Peter). I will be interested to see how Sally and Dirty Petet sell being reasonably calm and not screaming at the falling price.

So who is enjoying the Actifry channel then ?? , seriously they are going to lose a lot of casual viewers through these changes, people who would normally have channel on in background, it is boring as hell now

given up with Ideal World 2.

I'm watching Price Drop now :mysmilie_14:

And with no names being shown on screen, certain presenters will no longer pretend they know the buyers "because they buy so much from us cos we are great value". I won't name names. (OK Peter Sherlock and Dirty Peter). I will be interested to see how Sally and Dirty Petet sell being reasonably calm and not screaming at the falling price.
That's true Muttley! What about Sherlocks 'queen of beauty' Kelly from Brentwood etc. And you're right about Sally and DP! Their excitement is off the scale when the price falls! And Mike 'you're not paying that' lol!! Mind you, they might have a new logo etc, but it's the same old presenters, same terrible delivery times and same old tat!
p.s. Hope mums on the mend x

Can't see it's something DP would be selling as it's not a product that's useful if you live on yer own, unless you can eat 10 sausages at a time.

Must say those chips last night looked bliddy awful to me.

I just saw that PJ, good grief they really are Del Boy and Raquel aren't they? He clearly thinks initialled shirts are the height of elegance and de rigueur taste. You couldn't make it up, hilarious.

The rebrand looks like something cobbled together in an afternoon, the logo wouldn't look out of place on a bottle of Soy Sauce.

Monogrammed shirts? Wow, bet they look classy. If only I had the class of Mr Mason and his ladyslashgoddess. I am not worthy. Do you reckon his little boy has monogrammed outfits?

If you're missing Chris Birkett (like Wirral is) he put this on FB 5 hours ago.......

Join me on Ideal World tomorrow at 11am. It's my debut guesting and I have a brilliant product by the Big Brand of Bosch to show you

That's true Muttley! What about Sherlocks 'queen of beauty' Kelly from Brentwood etc. And you're right about Sally and DP! Their excitement is off the scale when the price falls! And Mike 'you're not paying that' lol!! Mind you, they might have a new logo etc, but it's the same old presenters, same terrible delivery times and same old tat!
p.s. Hope mums on the mend x

Hi Docswife, mum is on the mend thanks, back home with her favourite TV channel (she will kill me for saying that!). Getting back to Bid, sorry Shop At Bid, isn't there an expression "same s*it, different day". Kind of sums them up. Although I am in favour of stopping the stupid prices which then fall dramatically, with the comment "look what you are saving". It will be interesting watching certain presenters.

I will personally miss the fake shocked faces in terms of entertainment..

However it seems that are now simply going to try and push tat as premium. (so nothing changes)

But it's only a day old.... give it a chance

I don't have bid on freeview anymore (23). v strange. Its the only channel that's now just blank. Guess it must just be my ariel or something as no-one else is reporting a problem.

I will personally miss the fake shocked faces in terms of entertainment.. However it seems that are now simply going to try and push tat as premium. (so nothing changes) But it's only a day old.... give it a chance

The voice of reason as always Mr Tom :)

PJ.

Sent from my Vodafone 354 using Forum Runner *meep meep*

The voice of reason as always Mr Tom :)

PJ.

if you have the amount of tat that we suspect they have, it makes sense somewhat to get it out of the door

objectively i like it, but it comes at the expense of comedy. for example... ideal world forum is virtually empty

I don't have bid on freeview anymore (23). v strange. Its the only channel that's now just blank. Guess it must just be my ariel or something as no-one else is reporting a problem.

I lost it from FreeSat once. Needed to rescan to pick it back up. Worth a try?

I like chef jack enthusiastic but not ott

I liked him until he threw some sesame seeds on the salmon and called it a bit chef-y hmm I am no cook but even I wouldn't list that as a chef like final flourish.

Latest posts

Back