Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

****** 'ell Debbie G has just mentioned "buy it for Mothers day"....won't be long till they're back on cutting the cost for Christmas....:mysmilie_13:

Schlock (who don't forget supposedly adores Elizabeth Taylor) just said that 'Jennifer Lopez is the natural heir to Elizabeth Taylor'.

That's the multiple nominated, Academy Award and Bafta winning actress Elizabeth Taylor.

This guy really will say anything to shift his stock.

I have to confess that I quote like Far Mani (in a motherly maternal way). Put it this way, he doesn't make me want to throw things at the television when he is on! I just think "bless him" when I see him. Please don't be too judgemental towards me...

I'm the same. I just want to give him a cuddle and a tin of homemade cakes :grin:

I still believe that Sally Jaxx goes to bed every night, thanking god that Peter Simon, Peter Sherlock and Mike Mason, exist.

As their existence takes focus off of her.

Also, I wonder which presenters/assistants read this forum

It is well known that Mr Sherlock does and in fairness has always been courteous in here, Also Mr Mason's fanbase network does, but I wondered if any others do.

I still believe that Sally Jaxx goes to bed every night, thanking god that Peter Simon, Peter Sherlock and Mike Mason, exist.

As their existence takes focus off of her.

I think many people simply cannot watch much of Sally with her fingernails down a chalkboard voice, not to mention the volume. Maybe that's why she gets off lightly, her worst excesses probably go unnoticed.

Also her shows are (in my opinion) pretty boring unless you have a penchant for Lily Savage/Liz McDonald fashions.

But she has finally acknowledged the correct delivery timescale so she should be given credit for that.

I think many people simply cannot watch much of Sally with her fingernails down a chalkboard voice, not to mention the volume. Maybe that's why she gets off lightly, her worst excesses probably go unnoticed.

Also her shows are (in my opinion) pretty boring unless you have a penchant for Lily Savage/Liz McDonald fashions.

But she has finally acknowledged the correct delivery timescale so she should be given credit for that.

I still cannot get round their trashing of mop'n'buckets to sell a steam mop .... despite the fact that they sell mop'n'buckets too.

I've said it before but it genuinely shocks me. Selling two variations of a product is fine... but don't slag one off to sell the other.... then sell that one too.

Plus Mike mason should not be allowed to say he presents live TV... he simply recites nonsense (that is someone else's words.... probably Wikipedia's)

I still cannot get round their trashing of mop'n'buckets to sell a steam mop .... despite the fact that they sell mop'n'buckets too.

I've said it before but it genuinely shocks me. Selling two variations of a product is fine... but don't slag one off to sell the other.... then sell that one too.

Indeed Mr Tom. It's like Schlock with his 'Celebrity Fragrance' criticism, except the ones he sells.

Yesterday when selling J'Lo he even made a sideswipe about Z-Lebs making Fragrances.

He used to sell Jade Goody Shh... and he never said that then :mysmilie_59:

About a year or so Peter Sherlock made a comment about unisex fragrances being " the most disgusting thing in the world". I can't remember his justification for this, i wad pretty shocked at his words. I am female and wear Calvin Klein Ck1 and CKB mainly because I suffer severe headaches triggered by strong smells, and also because I like them. How they are disgusting I don't know.

About a year or so Peter Sherlock made a comment about unisex fragrances being " the most disgusting thing in the world". I can't remember his justification for this, i wad pretty shocked at his words. I am female and wear Calvin Klein Ck1 and CKB mainly because I suffer severe headaches triggered by strong smells, and also because I like them. How they are disgusting I don't know.

I suspect his opinion would change if Bid sold any.

Also, I wonder which presenters/assistants read this forum

It is well known that Mr Sherlock does and in fairness has always been courteous in here, Also Mr Mason's fanbase network does, but I wondered if any others do.

That lady that presents with Peter Simon a lot in the afternoon (her name escapes me) often says she reads "the forums" when she made a joke about asking Peter Simon to stroke the handbag he was selling lol.

That lady that presents with Peter Simon a lot in the afternoon (her name escapes me) often says she reads "the forums" when she made a joke about asking Peter Simon to stroke the handbag he was selling lol.

That would be Elisa "i'm a size 12-14" Portelli-Foreman. Rumour has it that she was never a particularly strong maths student.

But of course a lot of them read the forums, there's some enormous egos in play here and I suspect they'd be gutted if they weren't being talked about. I mean, an inconsequential loudmouth grock like Gollum Mason who shills mops on telly even has his own 'fanpage' on facebook*.............. run by his partner.

Now that is what you call an ego :mysmilie_59:

*there's plenty of space if you would like to join this group, it's fair to say it's a select gathering. His fans are rarer than branded products on Bid TV

That would be Elisa "i'm a size 12-14" Portelli-Foreman. Rumour has it that she was never a particularly strong maths student.

But of course a lot of them read the forums, there's some enormous egos in play here and I suspect they'd be gutted if they weren't being talked about. I mean, an inconsequential loudmouth grock like Gollum Mason who shills mops on telly even has his own 'fanpage' on facebook*.............. run by his partner.

Now that is what you call an ego :mysmilie_59:

*there's plenty of space if you would like to join this group, it's fair to say it's a select gathering. His fans are rarer than branded products on Bid TV

I must point out to you again that my friend did not start up Mikes fan page, she has helped the guy
who set it up to co-run it but I know for a fact that she barely goes on the page as she
doesn't have the time.

I must point out to you again that my friend did not start up Mikes fan page, she has helped the guy
who set it up to co-run it but I know for a fact that she barely goes on the page as she
doesn't have the time.

I never said Goddess set it up!

Do me a favour please Moet, can you pass on a message to Mike that the delivery standard is 5-10 WORKING days and not 5-10 Days as he repeatedly keeps saying. This is confirmed by the website, Customer Services and all the other presenters except Mike and Peter Simon. This has been the delivery timescale for a few weeks now.

Anyone might be forgiven for thinking he's being deliberately disingenuous but he should be aware it's not on, it's really unfair to his loyal customers and all those fans on his facebook page who he loves. They will be very disappointed if a parcel dosen't arrive in time for a special occasion. Imagine if someone buys a tablet as a gift for a kid and it's dosen't arrive in time for their birthday? Or a Valentines Day gift, maybe some Jewellery or a Fragrance for a loved one?

Unless of course Mike and Peter's parcels get sent quicker, if this is the case I apologise.

Totally agree with MrTom about slagging one product then selling it. Ideal World are terrible for this, Steamy Sue will slag irons when she is selling a steam press, but then be on half a week later selling steam irons and ignoring the problems she was highlighting 4 days ago!!
I wear CK1 all the time, its my favourite, my lovely don't give a rats ass thought to what idiots like Peter say about anything! If they started selling CK1 on Bid, he would suddenly love it and be in his 'top ten all time' list which I think by now is up to about 32 fragrances.
Please please please Andrea, do some sodding research on your products like others do and STOP reading the schpeel off the box/packet/leaflet. It makes her sound so thick, like she can't come up with something off her own head to say about the product.

Totally agree with MrTom about slagging one product then selling it. Ideal World are terrible for this, Steamy Sue will slag irons when she is selling a steam press, but then be on half a week later selling steam irons and ignoring the problems she was highlighting 4 days ago!!
I wear CK1 all the time, its my favourite, my lovely don't give a rats ass thought to what idiots like Peter say about anything! If they started selling CK1 on Bid, he would suddenly love it and be in his 'top ten all time' list which I think by now is up to about 32 fragrances.
Please please please Andrea, do some sodding research on your products like others do and STOP reading the schpeel off the box/packet/leaflet. It makes her sound so thick, like she can't come up with something off her own head to say about the product.

We have to understand that this is a supposed fragrance expert that slates unisex fragrances but champions utter muck like Yacht Man, Nikki Beach and all the other never heard of stinks that he sells as if they are something from under the counter at Harvey Nichols. He supposedly hates most z-list celebrity fragrances (when he's selling a fragrance you might of actually heard of) but then OMG's at Jade Goody products.

He's something of a ludicrous character really and I choose the word character very carefully. He's mostly touting no name pongs on easily the most down market shopping channel in history and evermore yet he and his fellow tatt peddlars talk as if he's someone the whole fragrance industry uses as a respected reference point. He's such an expert he dosen't even appear to know what Opium retails for on the highstreet and I don't mean The Perfume Shop I mean Boots!

It's hilarious :mysmilie_14:

Latest posts

Back