Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Things should be flying out with the £10 credit though your practically getting things free or so they would like you to think

higher priced products
selling 1 item a minute
smaller range
double the spend for £10 credit
Longer delivery times
deflated presenters
even the studio looks bland and boring now

maybe a phone cost hike should be next or why not just up P&P to £8.99?

costs going up up up but the service is going down down down

I hate to say it but maybe enough people have finally twigged that Britain's Biggest Discount Shopping Channel is nothing really of the sort?

I think a shake up of presenters might help, having mostly the same people on at the same time week in and week out is a bit boring. Obviously you would leave Peter in his Friday and Saturday night shows but I fancy a lot of people could be fed up of Mason and Russell, maybe even Sally too.

It couldn't do much harm to mix the shifts up a bit, things are very stale. Sally just sold a Brooch, 100 in the quantity, 59 left!

Yes the ring was a big flop!!

And yet at the end she said something like 'you'll regret not getting it when it isn't around'.

Somehow Sally I doubt it. It was awful, overpriced rubbish. I've seen better come out of those claw machines at the funfair :mysmilie_15:

It's not getting much better. 100 in the quantity for a pendant and chain, she had 92 left :mysmilie_13:

Just noticed the blurred out Morrison bag on the supermarket bag handle section.....

ah you too stunning, I noticed that yesterday, I just thought I hadn't been very observant in the past because I've seen that presentation a few times but it really caught my eye yesterday

I hate to say it but maybe enough people have finally twigged that Britain's Biggest Discount Shopping Channel is nothing really of the sort?

I think a shake up of presenters might help, having mostly the same people on at the same time week in and week out is a bit boring. Obviously you would leave Peter in his Friday and Saturday night shows but I fancy a lot of people could be fed up of Mason and Russell, maybe even Sally too.

It couldn't do much harm to mix the shifts up a bit, things are very stale. Sally just sold a Brooch, 100 in the quantity, 59 left!

Yeah I agree. It would be good if they changed things up a bit. I would like to see Guy do a few evening shifts. I'm sure he would hate it which would make it all the more funny lol. Maybe mike mason on. A few early morning shifts? That would be interesting lol I love Ben but I never seem to catch him these days for some reason. I would love to see him on the night shifts. Sally gives me a headache so maybe pop her on price drop? JR is easy to watch so I would have him in the afternoons. My guilty pleasure is Paul Evers so I would put him on bid tv night times too.

Yeah I agree. It would be good if they changed things up a bit. I would like to see Guy do a few evening shifts. I'm sure he would hate it which would make it all the more funny lol. Maybe mike mason on. A few early morning shifts? That would be interesting lol I love Ben but I never seem to catch him these days for some reason. I would love to see him on the night shifts. Sally gives me a headache so maybe pop her on price drop? JR is easy to watch so I would have him in the afternoons. My guilty pleasure is Paul Evers so I would put him on bid tv night times too.

nice work bingo
I like your scheduling!
I particularly like your idea of Guy Kean in the evenings, that would be beyond entertaining!
likewise, Sally motormouth jacks gives me a headache and earache so, I agree, she can go over to price drop
I know she's slated on here (mainly for being frumpy) but Caroline Linsey is very good at her job IMO and I can watch her
James Russell, to me, is a smug thicko that doesn't respect his viewers - I'll never forget what he said last time he left the channels
I think Mike on the morning shift is a stroke of genius, loving your work bingo!

I think Andrea could appeal to a later audience and be popular with men and women but obviously she has a young family so it's possible she wouldn't be interested in regular late shifts.

But if they really are shifting to become a more 'traditional' style of channel it's hard for me to imagine people like Sally Jacks, Mike Mason and even Peter Simon fitting in, their style is so far from the norm you would wonder if they'd be suited to such a channel.

And as for Lisa Brash :mysmilie_13: I hope the channels don't become completely 'mainstream' but I have to be honest, I welcome the end of the gameshow, low end cabaret mentality.

It was asking for trouble.

I think Andrea could appeal to a later audience and be popular with men and women but obviously she has a young family so it's possible she wouldn't be interested in regular late shifts.

But if they really are shifting to become a more 'traditional' style of channel it's hard for me to imagine people like Sally Jacks, Mike Mason and even Peter Simon fitting in, their style is so far from the norm you would wonder if they'd be suited to such a channel.

And as for Lisa Brash :mysmilie_13:

I suppose Andrea is more 'mainstream' and inoffensive and I put frumplestiltskin in that category
obviously Debbie is in a class of her own and Neil is smooth eye candy
I think it's the likes of Mason and Brash are...........hmmm I'm stumped for the right word!! :mysmilie_14: unique maybe??
put it this way, I think they're more market stall than traditional selly telly!
as for Peter Simon......... just one word :mysmilie_468:

I suppose Andrea is more 'mainstream' and inoffensive and I put frumlestiltskin in that category
obviously Debbie is in a class of her own and Neil is smooth eye candy
I think it's the likes of Mason and Brash are...........hmmm I'm stumped for the right word!! :mysmilie_14: unique maybe??
put it this way, I think they're more market stall than traditional selly telly!
as for Peter Simon......... just one word :mysmilie_468:

I don't really think Mason and Brash are good shopping telly presenters but they have been fine for the channels as they were, maybe their style will be deemed too rough going forward? I can't stand Neil Russell but he's probably more acceptable to a general audience than Lisa and Mike.

But where do we start with Peter Simon? He's quite bizarre but you can't doubt he's popular and effective, he's the face of the channels and I'd be amazed if they got rid of him.

Maybe the frumpsters time has come? Again I can't stand her but she's good at her job and probably acceptable to most people.

I guess it all depends how far down the 'QVC' path they are going to go, if that's what they actually do.

I don't know how accurate this was back then or is today but back in 2008 someone posted on digital spy when they lost 1 of the licenses, maybe they thought it wasn't cost effective having 2 channels doing effectively the same thing, so decided to cut their costs in half by only keeping 1 stream? a potential saving of around £10m per year ( as far as i'm aware this was not the case and someone just forgot...says a lot about the channels management even back then)

Price Drop started on 3/12/03 on Mux 2 but then switched to Mux A on 1/10/04. So if this is also a six year contract , it would run out in 2010 when the mux licence expires.

someone else posted I've just been looking on the bid tv/price-drop tv websites and a message regarding price-drop tv viewers state that their Freeview contract runs out on 5th January 2009

QVC is contracted until 2022
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So are they on 6 year contracts still today and if so how much do they pay a year and when do they pay it?

I don't really think Mason and Brash are good shopping telly presenters but they have been fine for the channels as they were, maybe their style will be deemed too rough going forward? I can't stand Neil Russell but he's probably more acceptable to a general audience than Lisa and Mike.

But where do we start with Peter Simon? He's quite bizarre but you can't doubt he's popular and effective, he's the face of the channels and I'd be amazed if they got rid of him.

Maybe the frumpsters time has come? Again I can't stand her but she's good at her job and probably acceptable to most people.

I guess it all depends how far down the QVC path they are going to go, if that's what they do.

I agree, I think Mason and Brash are 'rough' (of which they seem quite proud)
I think Caroline is very good at her job regardless of how head tiltingly patronising she may be!
I can tolerate Neil but I just loathe everything about Peter Simon (but that's just me)
Shocked face Sherlock is a difficult one, he's not really a tv presenter but more of a fragrance/beauty advisor and the ladies seem to like him
Regardless of what we say, they are a diverse bunch of presenters
I can't really see any of them fitting in at IW or QVC, the channels are too low brow for that IMO

The ex-French School Teacher Peter Sherlock is selling a Balmain Pen and said 'The French word for handwriting is caractère'.

I'm not sure that's right :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back