Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Price Drop TV's very own Chef Birkett was all set to demonstrate how fabulous a cheap looking electric knife was by demonstrating it cutting through soft bread and even chicken bone. Despite his best efforts it was clear he couldn't get it to work so they cut to a VT. After a good few minutes he apologised and claimed there was a problem........ With his microphone!

No demo :mysmilie_13:

also... bid and price drop was on until 2am last night

does anyone know why it was extended?

I thought they do this every year in the run-up to Christmas. Maybe they're a little early doing it this year. Last year they went on to 3 a.m. Friday-Sunday.(1.30 a.m. - 3 a.m. with a "trainee" presenter) Wouldn't be surprised if it's a 2 a.m. finish every night till Xmas now.

Last edited:
I thought they do this every year in the run-up to Christmas. Maybe they're a little early doing it this year. Last year they went on to 3 a.m. Friday-Sunday.(1.30 a.m. - 3 a.m. with a "trainee" presenter) Wouldn't be surprised if it's a 2 a.m. finish every night till Xmas now.

I think you're right. The EPG has full programming until 2am every day now both channels.

Helen Bates did those late, late shows last year but she has gone now, what chance Jenny Over The Topp getting the gig this year?

I wouldn't know, i've only started watching regularly this year lol.

Fair enough though, what you say makes sense.

I think you're right. The EPG has full programming until 2am every day now both channels.

Helen Bates did those late, late shows last year but she has gone now, what chance Jenny Over The Topp getting the gig this year?

It will be interesting to see if Helen returns now the Miss Great Britain contest is over as people said that's why she left for a while to concentrate on that.
If I am honest I can't say that I've missed her, she is nice to watch in moderation but once she gets with Peter Simon I can't reach for the remote quick enough.

It will be interesting to see if Helen returns now the Miss Great Britain contest is over as people said that's why she left for a while to concentrate on that.
If I am honest I can't say that I've missed her, she is nice to watch in moderation but once she gets with Peter Simon I can't reach for the remote quick enough.

Indeed Mr M, Dirty Peter and Bates together are too much for me too!

I'd welcome her return though, in that 2am slot :mysmilie_8:

That was funny tablet man was showing the speaking function and it seemed to not be doing anything so he kept saying come on come on come on, eventually it came up as come on come on come on who is gay? instead of who is google?, Sally nearly wet herself as they quickly zoomed out of the tv shot before it loaded anything up, she then spent the next couple of minutes doing a funny laugh unable to speak, I hope someone recorded it

That was funny tablet man was showing the speaking function and it seemed to not be doing anything so he kept saying come on come on come on, eventually it came up as come on come on come on who is gay? instead of who is google?, Sally nearly wet herself as they quickly zoomed out of the tv shot before it loaded anything up, she then spent the next couple of minutes doing a funny laugh unable to speak, I hope someone recorded it

I didn't see it but I have half expected something to eventually happen when using the voice search, they are asking for trouble!

Peter Simon was topless in a horse and jockey outfit a short time go.

Quite funny, I have to admit.

I never really saw much of bates and simon together... what happened that was so grating on people?

Also noticed lisa b can barely speak and resi is assisting peter simon.... oh wait resi has appeared on price drop too.

Latest posts

Back