Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well I suppose there might well be an element of truth in that Mr Tom. However, how Perfume Pete could possibly say he would (personally) ask an independent jeweller to give him a valuation on a £7.99 string (and I really do mean string) of pearls for insurance purposes is one of the more ludicrous examples of this rather grubby sales tactic.

The P+P cost exactly the same as the item cost, imagine mentioning that little fact to the jeweller? :giggle:

just thought it would be fair to point out it wasn't a criticism exclusively landed at lisa brash. LOL @ mr Sherlock, did he really say that?

just thought it would be fair to point out it wasn't a criticism exclusively landed at lisa brash. LOL @ mr Sherlock, did he really say that?

Oh he said it alright! But he didn't suggest WE should get the necklace valued, he said HE would.

Very clever, but still utterly ludicrous though. In my experience a jewellery valuation could cost considerably more than the necklace!

Oh he said it alright! But he didn't suggest WE should get the necklace valued, he said HE would.

Very clever, but still utterly ludicrous though. In my experience a jewellery valuation could cost considerably more than the necklace!

Personally I imagine people would be too embarrassed to say they got it from bid/shopping tv when they got it valued.

buying something from a bootsale implied there was more of a choice/gamble whereas shopping tv implies to me you was led into making a purchase.

Personally I imagine people would be too embarrassed to say they got it from bid/shopping tv when they got it valued.

buying something from a bootsale implied there was more of a choice/gamble whereas shopping tv implies to me you was led into making a purchase.

Spare a thought for those people who got sucked into buying gold plated Tanzanite jewellery during the lead up to christmas and got the shock of their lives when they got it valued. Then, when they posted to that effect on the Bid facebook page their posts were all promptly deleted!

Last edited:
Spare a thought for those people who got sucked into buying gold plated Tanzanite jewellery during the lead up to christmas and got the shock of their lives when they got it valued. Then, when they posted to that effect on the Bid facebook page their posts were all promptly deleted and blocked from posting any more!

I am stunned...just stunned that Peter Simon (live from London) didn't swoop to the rescue.

It was mostly him who sucked them in!

GOLD GOLD GOLD!

Ok I didn't quite get A* in every subject in my pre-school, so are you telling me... that in 2012/2013.... Peter Simon...THE Peter Simon.... formally of the bbc... would endorse a product that is nowhere near the quality that it actually is?

I refuse to believe it.

Ok I didn't quite get A* in every subject in my pre-school, so are you telling me... that in 2012/2013.... Peter Simon...THE Peter Simon.... formally of the bbc... would endorse a product that is nowhere near the quality that it actually is?

I refuse to believe it.

Ha Ha:giggle: Honestly Mr Tom, loads of people paid over £500 for gold plated rings, it was painful to watch!

Peter Simon just did a preview with the other Peter then they cut to a slate and he said we were just left stood here like knobheads to which Sally says Pete you can't say that, Peter Simon: oh are we still on

Now 1 of the Peter's has broken a table

Peter Simon just did a preview with the other Peter then they cut to a slate and he said we were just left stood here like knobheads to which Sally says Pete you can't say that, Peter Simon: oh are we still on

Now 1 of the Peter's has broken a table

haha, I saw that. it was rather amusing

most awesomely awkward monologue ever.

though I wish I could do a Peter Simon entrance and anyone who says any different is lying.

Just made an apology, Hope someone has recorded bid tonight as it seems its been a bit mad

I didn't see it but I can think of many other things that both of them have said that would be more deserving of an apology!

I just listened to some of Dirty Peter's monologue though, weird.

I loved the grin that Sherlock had when he got his grand entrance

i'd have the same grin of ''I cant believe I'm getting to do this''

I thought they were all drunk. Through my headphones, I could almost hear the crew on the studio floor more audibly than Sally (which is saying something...) Peter Simon's apology for the "knobheads" remark (which I actually thought was quite funny) was a cringeworthy display of insincerity. He actually said "I humbly apologise" twice. The contrast between his persona in front of the camera and that off screen must be massive. It must be a real feat of stamina to maintain it for a whole shift.

look at the admiration that Simon has in his eyes while he watches Sherlock enthusiastically bullshit with the best of them.

sorry for the many posts...but I can't stop laughing at it.

they did a close up on Sherlock showing the cream/caviar and there was a giant dirty hair in it.

nice....

I thought they were all drunk. Through my headphones, I could almost hear the crew on the studio floor more audibly than Sally (which is saying something...) Peter Simon's apology for the "knobheads" remark (which I actually thought was quite funny) was a cringeworthy display of insincerity. He actually said "I humbly apologise" twice. The contrast between his persona in front of the camera and that off screen must be massive. It must be a real feat of stamina to maintain it for a whole shift.

Absolutely. It was so insincere.

It kind of shows how carefully he orchestrates everything. His mic is left on for a few seconds and he yells out some comment (personally I couldn't care less). You can them hear him and crew giggling throughout the next 5 minutes before he comes on and offers his 'sincere' 'humble' apology.

It's just ridiculous.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back