Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mark Ryes was selling the Pearl Necklace. He told a story about Marie Antoinette, who he said loved pearls and she gave a bag of loose pearls to one of her advisers when she was in The Tower of London in the hope she'd get them back, but then he solemnly said she didn't come back (as she was executed there).

Now i'm no David Starkey but that's news to me :giggle:

Must be mixing her up with somebody else. He sounds a bundle of fun :rolleyes:

Must be mixing her up with somebody else. He sounds a bundle of fun :rolleyes:

He did ask Kiri if he was right and she said 'I think so' with a completely bewildered look :giggle:

They are always getting their little stories wrong. James Russell dosen't seem to have much of a grasp of history and considering Dirty Peter adores The Kinkader he often gets his date of death wrong.

They should leave such matters to Lisa Brash, her understanding of Art and History are unchallenged.

He did ask Kiri if he was right and she said 'I think so' with a completely bewildered look :giggle:

They are always getting their little stories wrong. James Russell dosen't seem to have a much of a grasp of history and considering Dirty Peter adores The Kinkader he often gets his date of death wrong.

They should leave such matters to Lisa Brash, her understanding of Art and History are unchallenged.

Haha Kiri covering herself with 'think' just in case

Are they being fed this mumbo jumbo or is it their own guff? I thought they rehearsed/prepped

Haha Kiri covering herself with 'think' just in case

Are they being fed this mumbo jumbo or is it their own guff? I thought they rehearsed/prepped

I don't know why they bother, I wouldn't have thought history lessons are in the job spec for a Sit-Up stooge but they could at least get it right if they insist on giving a history lesson.

I wouldn't mind but it was only that pearl necklace that went for £8 the other week (the one that Perfume Pete said he would take to a jeweller to get it valued for insurance purposes) :giggle:

Hi, did the diamond piece sell out in the end? also did it drop to a price it should have been (about £400). I had to nip out just before it started but I saw the ludicrous 1.4k price on the website it was due to start at.
Did he also say what grade/clarity it was? I presume he at least said the country of origin of the stone.

Hi, did the diamond piece sell out in the end? also did it drop to a price it should have been (about £400). I had to nip out just before it started but I saw the ludicrous 1.4k price on the website it was due to start at.
Did he also say what grade/clarity it was? I presume he at least said the country of origin of the stone.

I didn't watch the sale right to the end (he had sold one when I was watching) but I didn't hear anything regarding the grade, clarity or country of origin.

So nothing new there.

I didn't watch the sale right to the end (he had sold one when I was watching) but I didn't hear anything regarding the grade, clarity or country of origin.

So nothing new there.

I suspected they wouldn't bring up those key points that everybody should know when deciding to spend serious money on a diamond. I just hope people take it to a jeweler and get it properly valued as losing a £10'er (p&p+cc) isn't an expensive lesson to learn if the diamond turns out to be one of poor quality.

The one story we can be 100% sure of is that James Russell and Mike Mason have both stayed at The Grand Hotel in Brighton on separate occasions and they both noticed that Klaus Kobec watches are sold there:giggle:

I suspected they wouldn't bring up those key points that everybody should know when deciding to spend serious money on a diamond. I just hope people take it to a jeweler and get it properly valued as losing a £10'er (p&p+cc) isn't an expensive lesson to learn if the diamond turns out to be one of poor quality.

To be completely fair I didn't watch the whole sale so I cannot say with 100% certainty they didn't confirm the details you mentioned. However, I watched a fair part of the sale and (as usual) nothing regarding clarity, colour and country of origin was mentioned.

Mr Ryes always refers to himself as ''pocket sized mark ryes'' as if it's his nickname in the bid family, however I've never heard anyone else call him it.

Mr Ryes always refers to himself as ''pocket sized mark ryes'' as if it's his nickname in the bid family, however I've never heard anyone else call him it.

I heard a rumour he has several other nicknames in the Bid family but I don't know if that is a fact or not :happy:

I think it is great he hasn't got little man syndrome and can laugh at himself :)

oh indeed, just found it amusing how he seems to have given himself a nickname that only he uses.

i tried to get "big evil" going as a nickname for myself in 03, no-one went for it and it died a swift but painful death.

oh indeed, just found it amusing how he seems to have given himself a nickname that only he uses.

i tried to get "big evil" going as a nickname for myself in 03, no-one went for it and it died a swift but painful death.

Maybe his friends call him it. Gonna call you BigE from now on :p

PJ

Latest posts

Back