Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I got a good bargain in the shops yesterday. I wanted a new short mac and ventured into the "evil shops" in Oxford Street. After browsing in BHS and John Lewis ended up in Debenhams. All the main shops have sales at the moment and found exactly what I wanted which was £38 with 20% off so cost me £30.40. I tried a few on and found one that fitted perfectly. Passed the perfume counter and had a free spray of decent perfume (not Laurelle!). No p + p or waiting ages for it to arrive. Tried it on so know it fits and had a good browse round loads of great quality and fairly priced stuff. Then got a bus home that took me virtually to my front door. That's the way I like to shop! No Shop @ Bid for me!

I got a good bargain in the shops yesterday. I wanted a new short mac and ventured into the "evil shops" in Oxford Street. After browsing in BHS and John Lewis ended up in Debenhams. All the main shops have sales at the moment and found exactly what I wanted which was £38 with 20% off so cost me £30.40. I tried a few on and found one that fitted perfectly. Passed the perfume counter and had a free spray of decent perfume (not Laurelle!). No p + p or waiting ages for it to arrive. Tried it on so know it fits and had a good browse round loads of great quality and fairly priced stuff. Then got a bus home that took me virtually to my front door. That's the way I like to shop! No Shop @ Bid for me!

Well that's all very well Muttley but I fancy you didn't see any 'Divine Decadence Love At First Spring' on your travels, it's a Shop@Bid World Exclusive*

*but will inevitably be available on ebay within hours of the first smell.

This solar powered owl on pricedrop is absolutely hideous. And pointless.

Was it this one haribo?

View attachment 10274

If so Mommabear loves it, she bought a few (in fact five, I think) to take advantage of the single p+p. I'm impressed with her taste and vision :mysmilie_59:

I love this forum and the people on it, mostly, but sometimes, just sometimes, they show themselves up for what they really are. The green eyed monster rises to the surface and jealousy spews out hence thus!

Twit Twoo you two^^

Pssssst Wirral, it was seven, thought I'd sell a few on :wink:

I love this forum and the people on it, mostly, but sometimes, just sometimes, they show themselves up for what they really are. The green eyed monster rises to the surface and jealousy spews out hence thus!

Twit Twoo you two^^

Pssssst Wirral, it was seven, thought I'd sell a few on :wink:

Ha Ha :mysmilie_19:

Great buying Momma, what garden wouldn't benefit from those novelties?

Just how I like to do it too and I also go for the expensive coffee and cake, even though I could have bought a multitool off Bid instead.

Anyone for a Banke B Chiffon Kaftan?

image.jpg

I was going to ask if it wasn't your colour but sounds like you don't want to discuss it anymore?

I'm glad I didn't get it, i'm loving the Kaftans so much.

Funny how Gobb keeps changing her mind on which one she loves most, strangely it always seems to be the one currently on screen.

Your up front and deeply honest approach to shopping was most enlightening. I am tempted to try the same, but as yet don't feel confident to venture out. All those people ughhh, and the germs, you must have saved money not parking too. I shall await further posts from other like yourself who do not take the high street scaremongering from the presenters at bid. I applaud you 3 cheers every body for the new shopper - free from Bid clutches - I have to stop now, I am welling up. Goodbye for now - and please tell us when you venture out again - think of the children.:mysmilie_488:

Well that's all very well Muttley but I fancy you didn't see any 'Divine Decadence Love At First Spring' on your travels, it's a Shop@Bid World Exclusive*

*but will inevitably be available on ebay within hours of the first smell.

You are absolutely correct, that of course is the sad thing about shopping in the high street. But I'm sure I will get over my sadness soon...

Latest posts

Back