Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It seems that out of the unfortunate situations at sit up... a star has been unearthed

kiri bloore is legitimately good at fronting the show by herself.

Yes I think Kiri did really well. Lianna was also very good by herself too.
Those girls are wasted as assistants, they knock spots off some of the other presenters, SitUp have missed an opportunity for some decent presenters here IMO

Yes I think Kiri did really well. Lianna was also very good by herself too.
Those girls are wasted as assistants, they knock spots off some of the other presenters, SitUp have missed an opportunity for some decent presenters here IMO

I agree.

The amount of times she said "here at price drop" it's what qvc presenters do.

Mr Sherlock's optimism is brilliant. About 20 minutes ago he told us all that there were some exciting changes afoot with Bid and PD and we would have to keep watching to find out. He sounded really positive and excited. Then naming names saying these regular buyers have kept Bid going for all these years and how great they are. Then speaking about the glass amulet said he saw similar things when he was in Vegas last year. Bless him.

Watching price-drop not use any clocks over the last few days has been interesting. It's like it's gone back to the early days of PD.

well Lisa is back today on Bid (3 o'clock)... No Peter Simon's Monday afternoon show, sorry the nations favorite Monday afternoon show!!!!! Is he spending the afternoon with Bet ???:mysmilie_12:

well Lisa is back today on Bid (3 o'clock)... No Peter Simon's Monday afternoon show, sorry the nations favorite Monday afternoon show!!!!! Is he spending the afternoon with Bet ???:mysmilie_12:

I briefly turned over just after 3pm and saw she was back. When I saw her with the deal of the day juicer man I wondered where Peter was! I reckon he's got a job interview with the BBC, he used to work for them you know... yawn...

Who's on instead?

Peter Simon will be doing the 10pm shift on Thursdays from this week onwards.

I briefly turned over just after 3pm and saw she was back. When I saw her with the deal of the day juicer man I wondered where Peter was! I reckon he's got a job interview with the BBC, he used to work for them you know... yawn...

the other day, the gardening man made a quip towards peter simon that implied peter was on blue peter

I don't recall him ever being a blue peter presenter? Yet they often imply/say it.

the other day, the gardening man made a quip towards peter simon that implied peter was on blue peter

I don't recall him ever being a blue peter presenter? Yet they often imply/say it.

Oh he'd like that, must have brainwashed him, he often implies it

Just seen 'r lease' on Bid, whoever it was I was watching last night said she'd be on but I thought I'd dreamt it :doh:

another thing i'd like explained to me,

on qvc yesterday a guest said ''there is a demo vid on a well known video sharing website, I don't know if I can say it on air'' Chloe Everton then said 'you mean youtube? sure just say youtube''

yet on bid they cannot say it but then use crafty ways to imply it.... my question. Why can't they say it as opposed to qvc?

another thing i'd like explained to me,

on qvc yesterday a guest said ''there is a demo vid on a well known video sharing website, I don't know if I can say it on air'' Chloe Everton then said 'you mean youtube? sure just say youtube''

yet on bid they cannot say it but then use crafty ways to imply it.... my question. Why can't they say it as opposed to qvc?

One thing most Bid & PD presenters get confused about is they claim not to be able to mention a rival or similar brands name when selling an item, the truth is that you are allowed to mention another brands name only when trying to differentiate between your item & the rival brands.... hence Peter Simons "This is not a.... >insert famous designer handbags name here< when he's trying to flog some god awful patch bag.
That's why they can't name perfume/fragrance brands that "smell similar" to what they are selling so they start implying silly things as naming a brand can't be classed as trying to differentiate when the customer can't smell it.

Some Bid presenters are very clued up on the rules (Peter Simon for example) yet some others feign ignorance... or imo just cba to make an attempt at learning them so they just don't name other brands at all.

I have heard him say "during my Blue Peter days" - not specifically saying he was a presenter but implying. I also once heard him say "my Newsround days". I am convinced he was never involved. I am 46 and watched it regularly and the presenters were very well known.

I have heard him say "during my Blue Peter days" - not specifically saying he was a presenter but implying. I also once heard him say "my Newsround days". I am convinced he was never involved. I am 46 and watched it regularly and the presenters were very well known.

He's implied Jackanory too but no surprise that he's not on the readers list

One thing most Bid & PD presenters get confused about is they claim not to be able to mention a rival or similar brands name when selling an item, the truth is that you are allowed to mention another brands name only when trying to differentiate between your item & the rival brands.... hence Peter Simons "This is not a.... >insert famous designer handbags name here< when he's trying to flog some god awful patch bag.
That's why they can't name perfume/fragrance brands that "smell similar" to what they are selling so they start implying silly things as naming a brand can't be classed as trying to differentiate when the customer can't smell it.

Some Bid presenters are very clued up on the rules (Peter Simon for example) yet some others feign ignorance... or imo just cba to make an attempt at learning them so they just don't name other brands at all.

thank you for taking the time to write all of that.

I couldn't see why they "can't" name names... like who is going to complain if you compared an item to something and it is a realistic or truthful comparison

When selling the charleston figurine

"in those days women were evocative yet understated"

... come on now mike. just spouting contradictory rubbish now aren't you

He's implied Jackanory too but no surprise that he's not on the readers list

I can just imagine him on Jackanory - talking complete nonsense, not only Cinderella, not only Snow White blah blah. I don't think so. I live the way he implies it, doesn't actually come out and say it and give dates etc where people could check if it is true. Just vague comments that make him more famous than just being gunged each week on Saturday morning telly.r

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back