Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Duke I get you buddy. I have Cerebal Palsy, Autism, Mental Health issues, I had to shield during Covid, and still get nervous about going out now, apart from the GPs

I’m a 48 year old Female, and Create and Craft kept me going through Lockdown, It wasnt hard sell Create and Craft has never been, but just having them there helped, I stopped watching the news, as it began to scare me, and Create and Craft, didn’t mention it. And my main viewing is still Shopping TV, Apart from Sport,

I actually perfer this IW than the others though, as at least at the moment it’s not all hard sell, and at least this IW In my eyes is funny, maybe for the wrong reasons

Kind Regards

Emma

Duke I get you buddy. I have Cerebal Palsy, Autism, Mental Health issues, I had to shield during Covid, and still get nervous about going out now, apart from the GPs

I’m a 48 year old Female, and Create and Craft kept me going through Lockdown, It wasnt hard sell Create and Craft has never been, but just having them there helped, I stopped watching the news, as it began to scare me, and Create and Craft, didn’t mention it. And my main viewing is still Shopping TV, Apart from Sport,

I actually perfer this IW than the others though, as at least at the moment it’s not all hard sell, and at least this IW In my eyes is funny, maybe for the wrong reasons

Kind Regards

Emma
Well said, Jazzy.

Which is lovely and all. I'm glad people get something out of it (other than products of dubious origin and raised blood pressure).

…but I'm not gonna stop taking the pish out of IW/SE, its presenters, its tropes, and its all-too-often dubious selling tactics. Selly Telly is too ridiculous, absurd, patronising, and questionable to not mock - and mock often!

Which is lovely and all. I'm glad people get something out of it other than products of dubious origin.

…but I'm not gonna stop taking the pish out of it, its presenters, its tropes, and its dubious selling tactics. Selly Telly is too ridiculous, absurd, patronising, and questionable to not mock.
No it’s fine, I think that’s why I like it, and like this forum, as I can watch all day, if I want and mock

It’s true though, It’s good escapism tv

Without turning this thread into a therapy session…

I think the main reason I watch (so much of) Selly Telly isn't for the human factor, more that it offers a distraction from real life/reality.

Selly Telly is an absurd, niche world where everything is warped and many of the societal norms we're used to don't seem to apply. People lie to you brazenly, but sweetly. You know they're lying… but you still kind of like them! It's world where paying £399 for a £49 Chinese watch (because it has the word 'London' glued to to the face) turns you into a smart, elite, high-flying celebrity who people will flock to… Where a pull n' chop will change you life… Where 30 days on a new mattress will melt all your worries away…

It's sort of like a world you want to live in — assuming all that stuff was true. A pocket universe. Alice in Wonderland. A crack in the wall you can peer through at any time to forget this world and join the most ludicrous carnival of the bizarre.

Kezza telling us he is shocked at the production standards he has seen in some Chinese watch factories. Is he back as ‘expert’ for the Ernie Thomshaw shows??

Bev flogging Polti cordless, so both her and creepy are back to slagging off corded vacuums tonight, usual crap of wasting time plugging in and unplugging, cards too short, long run time etc, of course they know viewers are too dumb to remember Simon and the other Shaun debunking that crap during the show for the Beldray corded vacuum the other day.

Not a surprise really. Ryan (unless he is on holiday) appears to have gone already. There wasn’t really a place for it in a crowded market seeking out a dying off (literally) customer base. I suspect in 20 years or so shopping television will be a defunct concept looked back on by one of those awful C5 talking heads type shows. If that is right, and the trial remains just that, they (The Flatulent Four) really were rather foolish, shooting their mouths off so much about the end of Ideal World. Now they have the chance to shoot their mouths off on Ideal World about the end of Shop Extra - assuming it even wants any of them..

Could it mean this?
IMG_1875.jpeg

Latest posts

Back