Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wouldn't want to wish Peter Simon's clammy hands on anyone even on Screeching Sally.

If he groped Paul Brodel, depending on where he groped, his hand would disappear never to be seen again...

Problem with Sally, Mike and Peter, they sound as if they are selling clothes down Peckham Market. I fnd it difficult to take their 'fashion' seriuosly. They may as well be selling second hand clothes in Oxfam or Age Conern.
This time next year they'll be millionaires :mysmilie_13:

Saw a little bit of the Lisa Riley hour and Sal, Katie the model and Chelsea, whoever she is, were all wanting to buy the black jumpsuit. They were pleading with the viewers to leave them a S, M and L respectively :dull:

Is it against company policy for staff to order before the hour or summat?

Nok Off Gok is on again shilling his Number 1 in America* grid potions.

It's clear that Genpleaseleave still despises him because he takes over the 'show', so funny :mysmilie_59:

* Number 1 Skin Care Brand on a rather obscure US Selly Telly channel, and certainly not QVC or HSN.

Despite having 'sold out' on more than one occasion, the £1150 Mathey Tisot timepiece has mysteriously returned... mathey.jpg

On its last airing, Kevinski was quite adamant that it was "first come, first served" and he urged viewers to take advantage of the incredible price. There was a visible relief when it was announced that they had all been sold, and I'm sure he thought that he had (finally!) seen the back of them :whew:. Prior to the sell out, Kevinski had told buyers to open the box when it arrived and if they didn't like it to send it straight back. He then added that this "simply wouldn't happen."...well, it clearly does happen, and on a fairly regular basis.

The Mathey Tisot watch would seem to be the equivalent of a bad penny. Talking of which, Kevinski just happens to do a nice little line in these speciality watches...penny.jpg

Despite having 'sold out' on more than one occasion, the £1150 Mathey Tisot timepiece has mysteriously returned...View attachment 12931

On its last airing, Kevinski was quite adamant that it was "first come, first served" and he urged viewers to take advantage of the incredible price. There was a visible relief when it was announced that they had all been sold, and I'm sure he thought that he had (finally!) seen the back of them :whew:. Prior to the sell out, Kevinski had told buyers to open the box when it arrived and if they didn't like it to send it straight back. He then added that this "simply wouldn't happen."...well, it clearly does happen, and on a fairly regular basis.

For the asking price it's simply laughable. It's a £100 watch at best, and since you can buy a secondhand Rolex for less than their grossly inflated asking price there's absolutely no reason to waste money (and time, ha ha) on this rubbish. Or if you can't afford a Rolex there are perfectly decent watches to be had for less than £100.

No wonder the return rate is awful given that they probably sell 10 of these at most during an hour (just a guess but I'm probably not far off), and in the cold light of day when the parcel is opened it loses its appeal faster than Gollum's credibility. Brighthouse can get away with charging grossly inflated prices because an item like a sofa or washing machine is often regarded as an essential item for many people; a watch is no longer an essential item let alone a £1000+ watch.

If you're gonna spend over a grand on a blinking watch, then surely you'll want it to be made by a credible name, or to display a bona fide/well known designer's name. If you presented a loved one with one of those monstrosities, or even a smart watch with a "who the fox that" name, they'd probably estimate that you spent less than a quarter of the price and ask where the rest of their present is!!

Another example of Kevinski's 'incredible' deals: I found the Vostok Energia watch on this website https://russia2all.com/products/vostok-europe-energia-2-nh35-575c280. Ideal are selling it for £829.00; Vostok Europe are selling it (including the collector's box and 2yr warranty) for £697.22p. The only difference is that Vostok Europe have it on a 10 to 14 day pre order and they don't do Flexi-pay.

Regardless, that's still over £100 more for exactly the same watch...it all adds up to a tasty profitkerch.jpg

Kevski with a new tactic

When we first bought this to air their was not the demand I expected

What kev what ! It was to clever in fact it's so clever kev can't work the fking thing

Igor has been mentioned 58 times since 10pm

Kev talking over Peter and vice versa an utter shambles of a show

I'm having to lie down in a darkened room after reading that, Greg!!:doh::sweat: As for not wishing that on Screeching Sally....oh, I don't know, though......:thinking:
I wouldn't want to wish Peter Simon's clammy hands on anyone even on Screeching Sally.

If he groped Paul Brodel, depending on where he groped, his hand would disappear never to be seen again...

Ideal World have got their hands on some new (but of course ancient) Apple iPhone 5C stock but they want even more than the complete ripoff, jaw dropping price that QVC charge : -

Ideal World £289.99 & £5.99 P&P
QVC £279.00 & £4.95 P&P (plus a free case)

How do these two outdated outfits get away with it? :mysmilie_13:

http://www.idealworld.tv/pp/_387701

http://www.qvcuk.com/Apple-iPhone-5C-with-4-Display-8GB-Storage-&-Silicone-Case.product.508727.html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-1-_-508727

Ideal World have got their hands on some new (but of course ancient) Apple iPhone 5C stock but they want even more than the complete ripoff, jaw dropping price that QVC charge : -

Ideal World £289.99 & £5.99 P&P
QVC £279.00 & £4.95 P&P (plus a free case)

How do these two outdated outfits get away with it? :mysmilie_13:

http://www.idealworld.tv/pp/_387701

http://www.qvcuk.com/Apple-iPhone-5C-with-4-Display-8GB-Storage-&-Silicone-Case.product.508727.html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-1-_-508727

They would simply not be in business unless the poorly educated idiots buy this stuff 'cos it's easier to buy on easypay. Thickos easily getting ripped off by retail cowboys!

That's it .They get away with it because people( not necessarily thick but maybe uninformed or unable to easily access alternatives,or simply opt for the ease of tellysales)continue to buy the stuff they sell.Those who are financially not so well off are wooed by the easy/flexipay.Then we have those who have a strange and unhealthy allegiance to the channel of their choice and will buy as much as they can from it.Thus the channels win whatever outdated ,out priced c*** they sell.

Your friends down the pub might have a rolex but you have an energia....

And you can say wait for it.....

It's got an alarm! Wow kev

A bit irrelevant I know, but when I was younger and more gullible, I bought my husband a fake Rolex for £40, it was shiny looking and impressive, it worked okay, but looking back who the feck was I trying to impress, and who the feck would he impress by wearing it? He knew it wasn't the real deal, and as a cab driver his punters (if they noticed) probably wouldn't think it was real, and if they did would probably not bother giving him a tip if he could afford something like that, friends and family wouldn't think it was real either, so pretty pointless. As well as being fake , it was flashy and ugly and totally didn't match our lifestyle....oh, and quite soon the "gold plate" started to rub off! Should have spent the money on a serviceable seconda, or Timex or spent a little more and bought him a rotary. Big blingy statement pieces might have been impressive in the 1980's, but those days are long gone, and nobody will think that if you're wearing a watch with all bells, whistles and bling that you spent more than about £12 on it!

Ah IW total respect for the buyer as ever.

The more than usual aggresive Bald Bloke, trying his hardest to sell a Vax says with total respect ya'know "You'd be daft not to buy one"

Cheers Bald Bloke nice to be called daft (especially by you!) think I'll shop somewhere else, "you'd be daft not to buy" great way to speak to potential customers, .......suppose its just more proof (not that its needed) as to why these salesfolk are at IW.

Have you had the pleasure of the IW email with top deals recommended by their presenters?

Mike Mason heads the list with: Comfort and Dreams Memory 2000 Double Mattress and Free Contour Pillows, and the Vax Dual Power Pet Carpet Cleaner - clearly a man in touch with his home-maker side, despite all evidence to the contrary on air.
The delightful Paul Becque then weighs in with his top picks: Williams Waterless Wash and Wax 1L Triple Pack and Sky Warrior Drone with HD Camera.
The truly original Shaun Ryan picks: Lumio Intensity 3 Colour Motion Laser Light Projector.
Peter Simon and Genevieve Ni Reamoinn jointly picked: Apple iPhone 5c 8GB and Valise Audio 3 Speed Turntable + Bluetooth (do they not dare let Peter loose to pick on his own?).
Gen then gets another solo pick: Skinn Collagenesis Deep Wrinkle Protocol Creme Reverse Bundle (so she can't be to fazed by Dmitri not letting her pontificate as much as usual).

I feel privileged that the presenters have taken the time and trouble to let me know specially about the products they love... and I'm braced to learn the thoughts of Howard, Denniece, Sally and Hayley in particular. I dare say Fayon and Joanne may also spare me a thought to tell me what they recommend I buy :mysmilie_50:

Ah IW total respect for the buyer as ever.

The more than usual aggresive Bald Bloke, trying his hardest to sell a Vax says with total respect ya'know "You'd be daft not to buy one"

Cheers Bald Bloke nice to be called daft (especially by you!) think I'll shop somewhere else, "you'd be daft not to buy" great way to speak to potential customers, .......suppose its just more proof (not that its needed) as to why these salesfolk are at IW.

I hate when he says 'you'll have to get a wiggle on'

Pi$$ off!

I suspect that the "picks" were all chosen by the producer, and then pretty much allocated to each presenter. Just another marketing ploy like the supermarkets do eg, "chosen by you" range to try and give potential buyers the idea that such products are tried, tested and adored by real people! I no more trust this kind of review/marketing than reading the testimonials on company's own websites....Edith from Bridgend " Its the best vacuum cleaner I've ever used" Mr Brown from Saffron Walden says " This is the most comfortable matress I've ever slept on"...Look on Amazon instead, and that's where the truth lurks, that's where you'll really be able to decide whether something's worth buying 'cause these reviews are all there - The good and the bad, and the seller/manufacturer has not been able to tweak, or discard any unfavourable comments, or plant completely fictitious ones!

Have you had the pleasure of the IW email with top deals recommended by their presenters?

Mike Mason heads the list with: Comfort and Dreams Memory 2000 Double Mattress and Free Contour Pillows, and the Vax Dual Power Pet Carpet Cleaner - clearly a man in touch with his home-maker side, despite all evidence to the contrary on air.
The delightful Paul Becque then weighs in with his top picks: Williams Waterless Wash and Wax 1L Triple Pack and Sky Warrior Drone with HD Camera.
The truly original Shaun Ryan picks: Lumio Intensity 3 Colour Motion Laser Light Projector.
Peter Simon and Genevieve Ni Reamoinn jointly picked: Apple iPhone 5c 8GB and Valise Audio 3 Speed Turntable + Bluetooth (do they not dare let Peter loose to pick on his own?).
Gen then gets another solo pick: Skinn Collagenesis Deep Wrinkle Protocol Creme Reverse Bundle (so she can't be to fazed by Dmitri not letting her pontificate as much as usual).

I feel privileged that the presenters have taken the time and trouble to let me know specially about the products they love... and I'm braced to learn the thoughts of Howard, Denniece, Sally and Hayley in particular. I dare say Fayon and Joanne may also spare me a thought to tell me what they recommend I buy :mysmilie_50:

Could it be co-incidence that those presenters will be on and with those products.....

Latest posts

Back