Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Which one?

Ol' Moira uses her scarflaces to stop her face sliding down her chest

Kenny Rogers was going on about how she wears her daughters clothes, I can't remember which one, it was either Dafodil or Dandelion.

I think Kenny got the better deal, those poor underlings deserve better than having to wear 1974 British Caledonian Air Stewardess Nylon Neckerchiefs at their age :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

Sally is on with the constantin weisz watches.... the female expert strikes me as someone that doesn't know much about watches, but just wants to get herself on tv.

Sally is on with the constantin weisz watches.... the female expert strikes me as someone that doesn't know much about watches, but just wants to get herself on tv.

I believe her name is Caroline.

Caroline knows Watches, especially German/Swiss sounding brands that come with great big Bolsa Wood Boxes that, like the Watches, are probably also thrown together in Taipei.

She confidently introduces herself, advising that she used to work 'at' the Royal Jewellers, Garrard. Caroline doesn't say that she worked 'for' Garrard, nor is it immediately clear what her actual role was when she worked 'at' Garrard.

Nevertheless I've always found her expertise invaluable when helping me to decide not to buy such shat :mysmilie_59:

Has anyone watched the promo for Elizabeth Grant (you know, old Lizzie, everyone's favourite Deep Sea Diving Diva who 'discovered' Torricelumn (TM). It tells a bit about her story. The promo says she damaged her skin and 'she then consulted Chemist and Friend, Charles'.

So, who is Charles? Shall we play a game and see if we can guess? I'm going for .........

Charles Dickens
Charles De Gaulle
Charles IV of Spain

Who's your Charles? :mysmilie_59:

you can fool some of the people some of the time some of the people all of the time but not all of the people all of the time, sadly we get fed so much bulls excrement most people are are in danger of believing them except us of course:mysmilie_59:

Has anyone watched the promo for Elizabeth Grant (you know, old Lizzie, everyone's favourite Deep Sea Diving Diva who 'discovered' Torricelumn (TM). It tells a bit about her story. The promo says she damaged her skin and 'she then consulted Chemist and Friend, Charles'.

So, who is Charles? Shall we play a game and see if we can guess? I'm going for .........

Charles Dickens
Charles De Gaulle
Charles IV of Spain

Who's your Charles? :mysmilie_59:

Charlie Chester? Charlie Drake? Chuck Norris?

Though it looks more like Terry-Thomas in that pic they keep showing

Charlie Chester? Charlie Drake? Chuck Norris?

Though it looks more like Terry-Thomas in that pic they keep showing

Isn't the promo funny? Chemist and Friend, Charles!

You couldn't make it up but you also couldn't make it up that people seemingly fall for what the old snatch says on those talking head promos that she does. She says it doesn't matter what your issues are, Torricelumn (TM) will fix them all.

I wonder how many of them have ever even wondered what on earth this 'fix it all' miracle Torricelumn (TM) actually is? :mysmilie_59:

Isn't the promo funny? Chemist and Friend, Charles!

You couldn't make it up but you also couldn't make it up that people seemingly fall for what the old snatch says on those talking head promos that she does. She says it doesn't matter what your issues are, Torricelumn (TM) will fix them all.

I wonder how many of them have ever even wondered what on earth this 'fix it all' miracle Torricelumn (TM) actually is? :mysmilie_59:

"Friend", Charles: I always have to insert those quotation marks whenever he's mentioned. I just bet he was "friendly", too.

Torricelumn, otherwise known as Polyfilla

Sally J: 'I've also got a fabulous guest with me as well, I'm very excited BUT wait till you hear the phenomenal background this lady has, Caroline Jones, and she really is, I mean you probably know her from being on here, is it 9 years?'

Caroline (looking coy):' I'm in my ninth year'......

Sally J: ...but, her background is absolutely amazing, how you started off, obviously you're a huge jewellery lover and you've got a big background in jewellery, especially in watches as well. Will you tell them at home, are you ready for
this? If you haven't heard it before, you're going to be blown away!

:mysmilie_85::mysmilie_85::mysmilie_85:

Caroline (brimming with pride): 'I was very lucky, way back in my youth, my younger days, to be employed at the Crown Jewellers, at Garrard in London, on Regent Street and it was when I was introduced to beautiful time pieces, automatic time pieces and for me I'd only ever worn quartz watches, watches with batteries, Timexs' I'd inherited or been given for birthday presents. When I started at the Crown Jewellers and was shown these beautiful automatic time pieces, it was just incredible, the beauty, the build quality, the engineering, the design and what I love about Ideal World is, over the years, I've been able to really look at other collections at very affordable entry prices for automatic time pieces and if you do your research and go onto some search engines, you'll see, you know, how pricey automatic watches are.....'

Phenomenal load of hot air has well and truly blown me away all right

Sally J: 'I've also got a fabulous guest with me as well, I'm very excited BUT wait till you hear the phenomenal background this lady has, Caroline Jones, and she really is, I mean you probably know her from being on here, is it 9 years?'

Caroline (looking coy):' I'm in my ninth year'......

Sally J: ...but, her background is absolutely amazing, how you started off, obviously you're a huge jewellery lover and you've got a big background in jewellery, especially in watches as well. Will you tell them at home, are you ready for
this? If you haven't heard it before, you're going to be blown away!

:mysmilie_85::mysmilie_85::mysmilie_85:

Caroline (brimming with pride): 'I was very lucky, way back in my youth, my younger days, to be employed at the Crown Jewellers, at Garrard in London, on Regent Street and it was when I was introduced to beautiful time pieces, automatic time pieces and for me I'd only ever worn quartz watches, watches with batteries, Timexs' I'd inherited or been given for birthday presents. When I started at the Crown Jewellers and was shown these beautiful automatic time pieces, it was just incredible, the beauty, the build quality, the engineering, the design and what I love about Ideal World is, over the years, I've been able to really look at other collections at very affordable entry prices for automatic time pieces and if you do your research and go onto some search engines, you'll see, you know, how pricey automatic watches are.....'

Phenomenal load of hot air has well and truly blown me away all right

It’s quite possible that Caroline performed a number of different roles at Garrard...clean 3.jpgclean.jpgclean1.jpgclean2.jpg

In any case, her ‘expert’ status is guaranteed at Ideal World. It must be a great honour to be referred to as such, by the likes of Peter Simon, Sally Jacks, etc., all first-class professionals in their own right.

As for Caroline’s knowledge of the jewellery trade, let’s just say that there’s very few who can match her for fascinating insights. As an example, she only recently revealed how one collector had amassed over 20 (yes 20!) of the oversized novelty watches that she was flogging.

What more do you want from a jewellery 'expert'?

It’s quite possible that Caroline performed a number of different roles at Garrard...View attachment 11751View attachment 11752View attachment 11753View attachment 11754

In any case, her ‘expert’ status is guaranteed at Ideal World. It must be a great honour to be referred to as such, by the likes of Peter Simon, Sally Jacks, etc., all first-class professionals in their own right.

As for Caroline’s knowledge of the jewellery trade, let’s just say that there’s very few who can match her for fascinating insights. As an example, she only recently revealed how one collector had amassed over 20 (yes 20!) of the oversized novelty watches that she was flogging.

Something phenonemal, like was promised, something like building a watch from start to finish :mysmilie_17:

It’s quite possible that Caroline performed a number of different roles at Garrard...View attachment 11751View attachment 11752View attachment 11753View attachment 11754

Ha Ha Desert :mysmilie_19:

We know that Cazza, in her 'youth' worked 'at' The Crown Jewellers.

But what we'd like to know, Cazza, is what you DID 'at' The effin' Crown Jewellers. Did you? :-

1. Offer your design expertise to help create a spectacular commission for Buckingham Palace
2. Grade the Clarity, Colour & Cut of Diamonds used in various pieces for members of The Royal Family
3. Did a few days temping work for Adecco 'at' The Crown Jewellers, in the 1970's

I find number 3 the more likely :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back