Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yet again Janice Phillips is selling a Wi-Fi only iPad 3 yet the device she is demonstrating is quite clearly a Cellular Model (you can tell by the black antenna strip at the top of the back of the device, and the 'no sim' indicator on the top left of the screen).

The only Cellular Model's they sell are all iPad 4's, none of the iPad 3's are Cellular Models.

Hi there,

I hope you are all well.

I thought I would clear this some what presumous post up for you.

The iPad I am demonstrating with is an iPad 3. It is indeed a celluar model but the rest is exactly the same as the wifi only model.

I would also like to point out that I did work for Apple for 5 years and I feel a little perplexed as to why you think I would make that up.

I apprieciate consrtuctive feedback but I dont want to be portrayed as a liar or missleader.

I hope that clears this section up for you.

Cheers

Janice

Thank you for your reply.

May I politely ask why you are using a device that you don't sell? In fact have Ideal World ever sold a Cellular iPad 3? It's highly unusual, in fact unheard of, to use anything other than the exact item you are selling when demonstrating to the audience. It's not as if you're relying on a cellular signal for the demo, it clearly says 'no sim' plus there were several non cellular devices on the podium that could be used.

I suppose you could lift up the bottom and show us the old, 30 pin connector, that would prove demonstrably it really isn't an iPad 4 ha ha (only joking, but do feel free to do so):mysmilie_59:

Regarding 'working for Apple'. As I have said previously, I am in no doubt you provided sales training for Apple's own, employed sales staff, of that there is no doubt.

But, when you say you 'worked for Apple' can you confirm that YOU were an employee of Apple and not a hired Independent Contractor providing your sales training expertise as a service provider?

Apologies if I've got the wrong end of the stick but in my opinion if someone says they 'worked' for a company, and especially such a stellar company as Apple, it implies they were employed by that company and not a (I presume) Self Employed individual providing them with a service. I think this is an important point because it's fair to say this point of 'working for Apple' is very much used by Ideal World to support the sale of these Apple products.

I look forward to you clearing this up and again, if I have my wires totally crossed I apologise without reserve.

Regards.

But, when you say you 'worked for Apple' can you confirm that YOU were an employee of Apple and not a hired Independent Contractor providing your sales training expertise as a service provider?

Regards.

This is precisely the question I'd put to Caroline 'I worked at the Crown Jewellers, Garrard'. In what capacity did you work for Garrard, Caroline?

This is precisely the question I'd put to Caroline 'I worked at the Crown Jewellers, Garrard'. In what capacity did you work for Garrard, Caroline?

Let us know how you get on with that, if you ever get the opportunity!

But it's a really important point isn't it? especially when it's being used to support the sale of a product manufactured by the company in question.

Regarding 'working for Apple'. As I have said previously, I am in no doubt you provided sales training for Apple's own, employed sales staff, of that there is no doubt.

Regards.

I am curious as to what difference it makes, even as an independent contractor, I don't think for one minute that Apple would pick people off the street to train it would require people with expertise and a good background knowledge. Whether she was employed by Apple or contracted to work for Apple either way Apple would be paying the bill and whilst training would be a representative of Apple as it's their product, just seems a bit picky to me.

I am curious as to what difference it makes, even as an independent contractor, I don't think for one minute that Apple would pick people off the street to train it would require people with expertise and a good background knowledge. Whether she was employed by Apple or contracted to work for Apple either way Apple would be paying the bill and whilst training would be a representative of Apple as it's their product, just seems a bit picky to me.

Personally I think it matters greatly given what situation it is being said in and how it is put across to the audience but of course you're entitled to your opinion :mysmilie_59:

There's a huge difference between being an employee and being a supplier or contractor. If one is the latter and uses the name of the principal to suggest an employment history with them it is a form of passing off.

There's a huge difference between being an employee and being a supplier or contractor. If one is the latter and uses the name of the principal to suggest an employment history with them it is a form of passing off.

I do think it's important, and especially in this situation.

It does quite clearly say on her LinkedIn profile that she was an Independent Contractor for Apple, this isn't about belittling anyone's expertise (we take the pish out of the lame demos but that's different) but we're talking about selling here so we deserve total clarity but I think we've all seen a drastic change in tone at Ideal World.

There's far too much of the disingenuous now on Ideal World so even if I'm totally wrong (and I will apologise profusely) unfortunately suspicions regarding their sales tactics are clearly high, which for me they never used to be with Ideal World.

But using a device for demonstrations that clearly isn't the model on sale nor is it a model that they sell full stop dosen't help, it's more than a bit odd :mysmilie_59:

Yet again Janice Phillips is selling a Wi-Fi only iPad 3 yet the device she is demonstrating is quite clearly a Cellular Model (you can tell by the black antenna strip at the top of the back of the device, and the 'no sim' indicator on the top left of the screen).

The only Cellular Model's they sell are all iPad 4's, none of the iPad 3's are Cellular Models.

Hi there,

I hope you are all well.

I thought I would clear this some what presumous post up for you.

The iPad I am demonstrating with is an iPad 3. It is indeed a celluar model but the rest is exactly the same as the wifi only model.

I would also like to point out that I did work for Apple for 5 years and I feel a little perplexed as to why you think I would make that up.

I apprieciate consrtuctive feedback but I dont want to be portrayed as a liar or missleader.

I hope that clears this section up for you.

Cheers

Janice

I think the saying is Janice, if you lie down with dogs you get fleas, meaning that since the ex Bid Tv crew joined IW you're guilty by association, because Mike Mason and Peter Simon, being the biggest culprits, lie openly on IW, making it an untrustworthy shopping channel, not the professional, honest shopping channel it once was, where maybe then whatever you'd have said was taken as gospel, so I suggest if you have a problem take it up with the bosses, let them know that with Mike Masons lies and faux shock and Peter Simons lies and constant sexual innuendo, customers especially us/those from day one, see IW as a disingenuous joke, and all things in it. But thank you for taking the time to set your matters straight.

I do think it's important, and especially in this situation.

It does quite clearly say on her LinkedIn profile that she was an Independent Contractor for Apple, this isn't about belittling anyone's expertise (we take the pish out of the lame demos but that's different) but we're talking about selling here so we deserve total clarity but I think we've all seen a drastic change in tone at Ideal World.

There's far too much of the disingenuous now on Ideal World so even if I'm totally wrong (and I will apologise profusely) unfortunately suspicions regarding their sales tactics are high, which for me they never used to be with Ideal World.

But using a device for demonstrations that clearly isn't the model on sale dosen't help, it's a bit odd :mysmilie_59:

In that scenario the correct claim would be that Apple was a client.

Last edited:
I wish De Knees would keep up. She's shilling a new Miracle Face Product, Microderm MD, and said to the guest 'I have used this once but I promise you it was, well, it was a shock to start with because I thought I looked after my skin'.

Well De Knees, we also thought you looked after your skin, especially with the Crystal Clear Lift Away The Years Wand which you have stated is the best thing you have ever used on your mush.

So, can we presume your opinion of this item has now changed and you won't be quite so bullish about it in future?:mysmilie_59:

http://www.idealworld.tv/pp/crystal-clear-lift-away-years-kit-341166?p=1

:mysmilie_466:I hope Sheelagh is ok, I flicked over to this last night and saw her using it. All red lines all over her face! She looked like she'd been in an accident! She was replaced by a few 'stills' and lots of Dee knees ramblings, never to be seen again :mysmilie_516:

I think the saying is Janice, if you lie down with dogs you get fleas, meaning that since the ex Bid Tv crew joined IW you're guilty by association, because Mike Mason and Peter Simon, being the biggest culprits, lie openly on IW, making it an untrustworthy shopping channel, not the professional, honest shopping channel it once was, where maybe then whatever you'd have said was taken as gospel, so I suggest if you have a problem take it up with the bosses, let them know that with Mike Masons lies and faux shock and Peter Simons lies and constant sexual innuendo, customers especially us/those from day one, see IW as a disingenuous joke, and all things in it. But thank you for taking the time to set your matters straight.

Totally agree with this. In my view, the presence of Former Bid presenters are compromising Ideal World on integrity and trust issues. It seems to me that this channel by adopting some of the questionable selling practices, Ideal World could live to regret this and go the same way as Bid.

Thank you for your reply.

May I politely ask why you are using a device that you don't sell? In fact have Ideal World ever sold a Cellular iPad 3? It's highly unusual, in fact unheard of, to use anything other than the exact item you are selling when demonstrating to the audience. It's not as if you're relying on a cellular signal for the demo, it clearly says 'no sim' plus there were several non cellular devices on the podium that could be used.

I suppose you could lift up the bottom and show us the old, 30 pin connector, that would prove demonstrably it really isn't an iPad 4 ha ha (only joking, but do feel free to do so):mysmilie_59:

Apologies if I've got the wrong end of the stick but in my opinion if someone says they 'worked' for a company, and especially such a stellar company as Apple, it implies they were employed by that company and not a (I presume) Self Employed individual providing them with a service. I think this is an important point because it's fair to say this point of 'working for Apple' is very much used by Ideal World to support the sale of these Apple products.

I look forward to you clearing this up and again, if I have my wires totally crossed I apologise without reserve.

Regards.

Hi

We did sell the iPad 3 with cellular that's why we have a sample. The others are iPad 4 and that's why I don't use those to demonstrate.

I am on at 3pm today so I will show you the 30 pin adapter to proove to you as you if you are still in sure.

I was a Certified Sales Trainer for Apple with an ID number etc. There fore I worked for Apple. And not through an agency.

I was involved with the training of Certified Apple resellers not Apples own sales staff as that is a different department.
I know you are an Apple fan and that's great but why knock a fellow Apple lover?

You can tweet me anytime and ask for Demonstrations or ask me questions I'm always open for that .

@janicephillips

Thanks again

Janice

Last edited:
:mysmilie_466:I hope Sheelagh is ok, I flicked over to this last night and saw her using it. All red lines all over her face! She looked like she'd been in an accident! She was replaced by a few 'stills' and lots of Dee knees ramblings, never to be seen again :mysmilie_516:

Oh dear, poor Sheelagh. Ah well .........

Anyway, good news! I see there's another new line of Face Potions called 'Skinn' launching tomorrow at 3pm.

But I'm sure you will all agree that Skinn pales into insignificance when I say that The Painter of Light, Thomas Kinkade, is back tomorrow at 8.00pm

Add to that a Halogen Oven Pick of The Day at 9.00pm and I'd say that's an Ideal Day on Ideal World :mysmilie_59:

Oh dear, poor Sheelagh. Ah well .........

Anyway, good news! I see there's another new line of Face Potions called 'Skinn' launching tomorrow at 3pm.

But I'm sure you will all agree that Skinn pales into insignificance when I say that The Painter of Light, Thomas Kinkade, is back tomorrow at 8.00pm

Add to that a Halogen Oven Pick of The Day at 9.00pm and I'd say that's an Ideal Day on Ideal World :mysmilie_59:

I was only thinking they hadn't had a halogen oven in aaaaaaages, must be a month!

Hi

We did sell the iPad 3 with cellular that's why we have a sample. The others are iPad 4 and that's why I don't use those to demonstrate.

I am on at 3pm today so I will show you the 30 pin adapter to proove to you as you if you are still in sure.

I was a Certified Sales Trainer for Apple with an ID number etc. There fore I worked for Apple. And not through an agency.

I was involved with the training of Certified Apple resellers not Apples own sales staff as that is a different department.
I know you are an Apple fan and that's great but why knock a fellow Apple lover?

You can tweet me anytime and ask for Demonstrations or ask me questions I'm always open for that .

@janicephillips

Thanks again

Janice

I'm not knocking you Janice, it's just all a bit unclear (and still is to me if I'm honest) but maybe my definition of 'working for' a company isn't the same as yours, let's agree to disagree.

And I'm sure you'll agree that using a model of device that isn't actually what you are selling just adds to the 'clear as mud' air, especially when no explanation for it was offered on screen. It's very unusual but thank you for the explanation, at least you know for sure that we do pay attention when watching your shows!

So again, thanks for your reply

I was only thinking they hadn't had a halogen oven in aaaaaaages, must be a month!

I wonder what price it will be?

I'm gonna go for erm, umm, £39.99

Unless it's an Air Frying, Convection, Microwave, Thermo Nuclear, Hydro, Solar, Wind Powered model.

But whatever the spec 'Chef' William's chips will probably still be greasy and raw, unless he uses (as he has appeared to recently) McCain Home Chips which looked cooked straight from the bag.

They're delicious too :mysmilie_59:

I wonder what price it will be?

I'm gonna go for erm, umm, £39.99

Unless it's an Air Frying, Convection, Microwave, Thermo Nuclear, Hydro, Solar, Wind Powered model.

But whatever the spec 'Chef' William's chips will probably still be greasy and raw, unless he uses (as he has appeared to recently) McCain Home Chips which looked cooked straight from the bag.

They're delicious too :mysmilie_59:

It has a FREE steam tray and frying pan to go with, so that'll bump the price up a bit :mysmilie_19:

It has a FREE steam tray and frying pan to go with, so that'll bump the price up a bit :mysmilie_19:

Ooh, how lovely Momma.

I wonder what delicious steamed dishes 'Chef' William will make? Steamed Beef Burgers with a side of Cauliflower Cheese?

It will probably be under/over cooked 'but you get the idea' :mysmilie_59:

Ooh, how lovely Momma.

I wonder what delicious steamed dishes 'Chef' William will make? Steamed Beef Burgers with a side of Cauliflower Cheese?

It will probably be under/over cooked 'but you get the idea' :mysmilie_59:

It'll be mouth watering without a doubt..........I think Big Brodders is doing 'the launch', he's pencilled in anyway.

Latest posts

Back