Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hmm... I pay approximately £5 per week on coffees (excluding my millicano instant). So 52 weeks in the year brings me to £260. Yep - that's me paid for on my £800 coffee machine! Basically if you are paying £15 or under per week you are not paying for this in a year. You need to be a coffee addict, probably living with another coffee addict, to justify this sort of expenditure.

Plus, as Wirral says - there are the running costs which are not factored in. So it's going to be nearer the £20 per week coffee habit in order to pay for this machine and all the other costs associated (buying the coffee alone will be a significant expense - unless you want to put poor quality coffee in this "rolls royce" machine.

I think I'll stick with Costa Coffee!

They would be less toothless if more people complained (if people feel strongly enough to do so). It is quite straightforward though does take time to get to even the stage i am at now (2 months as they had to get evidence from Birmingham jewellers as an independent source).

They seem to take things more seriously when claims are made that are of a financial/investment nature (as is the current tjc complaint). In my experience the majority of TJC presenters are fine, the Ideal ones generally sail close to the wind a lot of the time but regularly put in disclaimers when asked.

These are the two main channels i watch so cant really comment on the others.

Althought i did catch QVC last night (for my sins) Seems they have nicked Jason Vale from ideal world and he was even more brash and annoying on QVC.

The subject of QVC deliberatley deleting negative reviews for products is one of the most important but very hard to police as it is in their hands

Hi, I have made one complaint to the ASA (should have done more I know). It was Peter Simon on the old Bid TV selling cheap Laurelle perfume which he was bigging up as a luxury item. The company used an accommodation address in Regent Street, London along with about another hundred companies where they receive their post. It was clear on the internet. He stated that Laurelle "have their main department, their main store in Regent Street". I live in London and often frequent Regent Street so knew it wasn't true.

He knew that Laurelle did not have a shop in Regent Street. He was using the fact that they used an accommodation address to imply they were based in Regent Street therefore it must be a luxury product.

I did complain and you are right, it was very straightforward. It was upheld and the "punishment" for Peter Simon was additional training for him (I would have loved to see the staff receiving training!)

I was pleased it was upheld even though I believe he simply got away with saying it. At the very least I would hope it would stop him saying it again.

Hi Mutley

In reality in the majority of cases the staff are just giving a slapped wrist/training. This is probably just a minor annoyance and they just phrase things a little differently in future.

With the one ongoing, hopefully to be public soon i am hoping for a more severe punishment because i strongly believe it has crossed a line.

Good for you, Muttley! At least it tells them people don't swallow all the carp they dish out.
Hi, I have made one complaint to the ASA (should have done more I know). It was Peter Simon on the old Bid TV selling cheap Laurelle perfume which he was bigging up as a luxury item. The company used an accommodation address in Regent Street, London along with about another hundred companies where they receive their post. It was clear on the internet. He stated that Laurelle "have their main department, their main store in Regent Street". I live in London and often frequent Regent Street so knew it wasn't true.

He knew that Laurelle did not have a shop in Regent Street. He was using the fact that they used an accommodation address to imply they were based in Regent Street therefore it must be a luxury product.

I did complain and you are right, it was very straightforward. It was upheld and the "punishment" for Peter Simon was additional training for him (I would have loved to see the staff receiving training!)

I was pleased it was upheld even though I believe he simply got away with saying it. At the very least I would hope it would stop him saying it again.

Ah, Laurelle. A Bid staple.

I wonder why Ideal World don't sell Fragrances on air? At least they do online, including the most excellent range of Peter Sherlock's very own Divine Decadence creations.

Curiously there's no mention of Peter Sherlock though, other than by a punter in a review. I wonder who posted the review? :mysmilie_59:

I wonder why Ideal World don't sell Fragrances on air? At least they do online, including the most excellent range of Peter Sherlock's very own Divine Decadence creations.

Curiously there's no mention of Peter Sherlock though, other than by a punter in a review. I wonder who posted the review? :mysmilie_59:

If the review was positive, I'd suggest Peter Sherlock's alter-ego might have been the reviewer, or a mate.

They have had a couple of Peter Sherlock shows about 2 months ago the usual stuff that was limited edition and would never be made again e.t.c

I dont mind the stuff he did as it was relatively cheap (compared to the market) The Laurelle stuff was a different kettle of fish though and beyond the pale

Because it's a leap year (and hence today is 29 February) Ideal World are having a 'Bonus Day' because we're all getting a bonus day. Every hour there'll be a 'Bonus Deal'.

But the prices (and the products) all look, let's say, more than a bit familiar.

Bonus :mysmilie_59:

They're selling a creakingly old iPad 3 32GB for £299.99, the bonus? A £10 generic case.

Yesterday they were selling (despite what Tech Ghouloo Janice says) the far superior in processor terms iPad 4 16GB 4g for £299.99

And I could be wrong but, once again, Janice appears to be demonstrating a vastly more powerful 4g iPad 4 but selling a WiFi only iPad 3.

That's unless she's using her own device (and why would she do that?), I'm not aware that Ideal World have ever sold a 4g iPad 3, they certainly don't now.

They're selling a creakingly old iPad 3 32GB for £299.99, the bonus? A £10 generic case.

Yesterday they were selling (despite what Tech Ghouloo Janice says) the far superior in processor terms iPad 4 16GB 4g for £299.99

And I could be wrong but, once again, Janice appears to be demonstrating a vastly more powerful 4g iPad 4 but selling a WiFi only iPad 3.

That's unless she's using her own device (and why would she do that?), I'm not aware that Ideal World have ever sold a 4g iPad 3, they certainly don't now.

I know in the past, Janice has read, and replied to this forum. It would be nice Janice, if you read these posts for you to comment?

We are waiting...................

There may be some visitors to this forum who are foolishly entertaining the idea that Howard is just a little bit camp. I hope this picture will rid them of such a fanciful notion... CcQef3nW0AEe_CB.jpg

I've heard it all now.

That really dodgy Watch guy (I think he's called Kevin Reynolds) is on shilling those utterly shat, supposedly Russian, Vostok monstrosities. I noticed he was with Dirty Peter and was just about to turn it off when I heard Dodgy Kevin utter this pearl:-

'It's 24 Jewels, it's considered the Russian Tank (then, at twice the speed of his usual voice) EVEN THOUGH IT'S JAPANESE MADE, it's built like a Russian Tank'. Priceless!

Ideal World, take a bow. You have surely now graduated from the Bid Shopping School of Bullshitting Excellence.

I applaud you :mysmilie_19:

But where do they get all this obsolete second-hand crap to polish up and sell on? Do they trawl eBay? Or market stalls? I find it bizarre.

But where do they get all this obsolete second-hand crap to polish up and sell on? Do they trawl eBay? Or market stalls? I find it bizarre.

They must get them direct from Apple who have long stopped selling reconditioned iPad 3 & 4's on their own reconditioned website, probably out of sheer embarrassment.

But remember, GOLLUM says an iPad 4 is the latest tecknolijee if it's 4g :mysmilie_59:

It wasn't me...

It wasn't me...

There is a supposed 'review' on this very forum on one of Sherlock's Stinks.

Although supposedly written by a punter looks as if itvwas written by a IW minnion or even Sherlock himself...

Latest posts

Back