Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Apparently a Vostok watch is 'priceless' yet they're selling it for £600?

But honestly, Ideal World must not give a damn about the ASA because what is being said is utterly incredulous. An example of which is they both claimed a watch on sale is 'bespoke' when it's one of 500, on Selly Telly!

Anyway, who is Kevin Reynolds? I can't find anything about him whatsoever. And who is Igor?

He keeps talking about Igor. I wonder if Igor is to Kevin what Bet is to Peter :mysmilie_59:

De Knees is shilling more Fun Fair Prize Rings. She says the East-West of a particular piece 'makes your fingers look longer, slimmer, more elegant'.

Not her's it doesn't. Her hands resemble Chicken's Feet.

She claims that until recently she didn't know you have to pay to phone up. She also claimed she didn't know there were so many great testimonials for the ring she designed ('designed' means it's a copy of a ring she's owned for years except her's has a Sapphire, not a Glass Marble).

There probably weren't any testimonials until her biatch Shaun posted them. Nan Nanty Nan :mysmilie_59:

They're selling those unbelievably over hyped ceramic heaters for £299.99, that's half price. If you're interested you must be quick, the price goes up to £600 at the end of the 'Blockbuster'.

Personally I have never seen them sold at any other price than £299.99. I'm sure it will go up to £600 then, pretty quickly, drop again to £299.99

Further to this post from 2 days ago.

The Heater is back, it's today's Pick of The Day.

The price?

£299.99

Wirral70-you had a couple of queries regarding the Vostok man.

As you say, Mr Reynolds is fairly anonymous in terms of his internet profile, but I find this tidbit: “Vostok Europe has been active in the UK market for a year, working with its agent Kevin Reynolds of Arbro Limited” http://vremax.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/watchpro-vostok-europe-brings-extreme.html

As for Arbro Limited...

Company ARBRO LIMITED is a Private Limited Company, registration number 06351982, established in United Kingdom on the 23. August 2007. Two directors: Mr Kevin Reynolds and Mr Roshan Ashok Kirpalani

The company has been in business for 8 years and 5 months.

The company is based on THE OLD EXCHANGE, 234 SOUTHCHURCH ROAD, SOUTHEND ON SEA, ESSEX, SS1 2EG (looks like it’s just a postal address)

Business of the company ARBRO LIMITED by SIC and NACE code is "46190 - Agents involved in the sale of a variety of goods".

As for this Igor character, he is the Managing Director of Vostok Europe. You’ll find his pictures and details here: http://www.russianwatchguide.com/vostok-europe-interview.htm

The way he’s presented on the channel, you’d think Kevin Reynolds was some sort of expert in the field. Given his status as an agent, he’s really just a middleman using Ideal World as a sales outlet. He may be selling relatively expensive watches, but he might just as well be selling fridges. When you remove all the flannel about the product, it’s all about buying and selling. (I used to have dealings with an expensive car dealership in London and the employees all thought they were a cut above the ‘ordinary’ car dealers. It’s absolute rollocks of course, but such are the delusions)

Hope that helps.

They're selling a creakingly old iPad 3 32GB for £299.99, the bonus? A £10 generic case.

Yesterday they were selling (despite what Tech Ghouloo Janice says) the far superior in processor terms iPad 4 16GB 4g for £299.99

And I could be wrong but, once again, Janice appears to be demonstrating a vastly more powerful 4g iPad 4 but selling a WiFi only iPad 3.

That's unless she's using her own device (and why would she do that?), I'm not aware that Ideal World have ever sold a 4g iPad 3, they certainly don't now.

Maybe the next time IW are selling "pre loved like new out the wrapper fully nearly new hardly maybe used" ipads they could show the general public who flick through the shopping channels this forum to get an independant review rather than a IW world review which goes along the lines of.

This device has, SKYPE WOW, PLAY GAMES WOW, TAKE PICS WOW, FUNNY PICS?? WOW, its all to treat the passing grannies with contempt and hope they buy this overpriced ipad, and all the time the bald bloke sits like the wee nodding dog with his jaw on the floor in utter (fake) shock mode:clapping:

Maybe the next time IW are selling "pre loved like new out the wrapper fully nearly new hardly maybe used" ipads they could show the general public who flick through the shopping channels this forum to get an independant review rather than a IW world review which goes along the lines of.

This device has, SKYPE WOW, PLAY GAMES WOW, TAKE PICS WOW, FUNNY PICS?? WOW, its all to treat the passing grannies with contempt and hope they buy this overpriced ipad, and all the time the bald bloke sits like the wee nodding dog with his jaw on the floor in utter (fake) shock mode:clapping:

Oh you're so right, Janice 'Never Actually Worked For Apple' Phillips really stretches the device doesn't she?

I use an iPad Mini 2 (which has a faster processor again than the iPad 4) and while it's perfectly usable it can be a bit slow when using certain apps or browsing so I dread to think what an iPad 3 must be like.

Maybe that why Janice appears to prefer using an iPad 4 whichever model she's selling?

Poward Senna Pod is selling those heaters (which definitely go back up to £599.99 at 9pm) :yawn:

He said that some people are buying 6 of them.

That must be Hayley, she's giving them to her neighbours as Easter Gifts :mysmilie_59:

Joanne is now selling the heaters.

She says, direct quote:- 'if you are tired of 300 years old technology that is not bringing that coziness and warmth straight into your home'

Good grief, what method does she think we use to heat our homes, the Burning of Witches? :mysmilie_59:

He never looks like that when he's with William the 'chef' does he?

Sally Jacks is selling Manure, she says 'I've got a very good sense of smell'.

It's not as good as ours Sally, we've been able to smell your bullsh*t a mile away for years now.

It's rank :mysmilie_59:

I wish De Knees would keep up. She's shilling a new Miracle Face Product, Microderm MD, and said to the guest 'I have used this once but I promise you it was, well, it was a shock to start with because I thought I looked after my skin'.

Well De Knees, we also thought you looked after your skin, especially with the Crystal Clear Lift Away The Years Wand which you have stated is the best thing you have ever used on your mush.

So, can we presume your opinion of this item has now changed and you won't be quite so bullish about it in future?:mysmilie_59:

http://www.idealworld.tv/pp/crystal-clear-lift-away-years-kit-341166?p=1

Sally Jacks is selling Manure, she says 'I've got a very good sense of smell'.

It's not as good as ours Sally, we've been able to smell your bullsh*t a mile away for years now.

It's rank :mysmilie_59:

:mysmilie_17:

Yet again Janice Phillips is selling a Wi-Fi only iPad 3 yet the device she is demonstrating is quite clearly a Cellular Model (you can tell by the black antenna strip at the top of the back of the device, and the 'no sim' indicator on the top left of the screen).

The only Cellular Model's they sell are all iPad 4's, none of the iPad 3's are Cellular Models.

I'm sure there must be a simple explanation :mysmilie_59:

http://www.idealworld.tv/Technology/Brand--Apple

Paul "I used to work on a ship me harties" Becque floging a cruise on the planetcruise hour says, "Flights from London, but just give the team a call to get regional flights" ...........................Thanks for that Pirate Paul but why didnt you mention the smallest of small print on the screen which mentions something along the lines of "Surcharge blah blah blah applicable for flights outwith London"?????

IW always clearly keeping the customer in the know!!!:up:

Isn't this just typical of the "economy with the facts" approach of some presenters?
Paul "I used to work on a ship me harties" Becque floging a cruise on the planetcruise hour says, "Flights from London, but just give the team a call to get regional flights" ...........................Thanks for that Pirate Paul but why didnt you mention the smallest of small print on the screen which mentions something along the lines of "Surcharge blah blah blah applicable for flights outwith London"?????

What a bore Paul 'I met my wife on the Cruise Ships' Becque is. I wonder if 'Becque' is a stage name, like Sally 'Jacks' (I believe her real name is Cooper).

And I also wonder what the next 'infomercial' will be that Ideal World use to fill their increasingly repetitive broadcast hours?

Happy Hip Replacement Holidays in Turkey - With Shaun Ryan and his Mam
Your Future Spelled Out With Mystic Meg (and Shaun Ryan, and his Mam)
Conga Pension Day Loans - With Shaun Ryan, and his Mam
Commodes Direct - With Shaun Ryan, and his Mam
Same Day Stairlifts - With Shaun Ryan but not his Mam, she's stuck in her's

All for just Nan Nan Nan Nan Nanty Nan

OK, it's far fetched but .................... :mysmilie_59:

Yet again Janice Phillips is selling a Wi-Fi only iPad 3 yet the device she is demonstrating is quite clearly a Cellular Model (you can tell by the black antenna strip at the top of the back of the device, and the 'no sim' indicator on the top left of the screen).

The only Cellular Model's they sell are all iPad 4's, none of the iPad 3's are Cellular Models.

Hi there,

I hope you are all well.

I thought I would clear this some what presumous post up for you.

The iPad I am demonstrating with is an iPad 3. It is indeed a celluar model but the rest is exactly the same as the wifi only model.

I would also like to point out that I did work for Apple for 5 years and I feel a little perplexed as to why you think I would make that up.

I apprieciate consrtuctive feedback but I dont want to be portrayed as a liar or missleader.

I hope that clears this section up for you.

Cheers

Janice

I quite like Paul Becque (when he's not being manic) , as for Mike Mason, Sally Jacks & Peter Simon I refuse to buy anything when they are on the screen and very rarely watch them as once they appear the channel is switched over pronto and the same goes for Peter Sherlock, 4 ex bid presenters I cannot stand.

As for IW, to be fair they have a good delivery service and never had a problem getting a refund if I have had to return anything. I've never really understood why when they have so much on the web they limit themselves to the same old stuff coming out all the time but then I suppose if its selling and making money then it will keep appearing.

Latest posts

Back