Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

He’s fine he has not rustling

Wimpy is still around
Food is cooked to order you get knives and forks and those tomatoes shaped sauce bottles and the lady washes them out before refilling them tables are spotless
A proper brew not gnats pee
I used to like the odd McDonald’s on a Friday night
But in most places they don’t cook them on the griddle anymore they are thin and tasteless they are precooked and frozen and reheated 🤢
My neighbours son worked there for years evenings and weekends when they were thicker burgers cooked to order
And his son did work there but said it like a sweat shop
Rushing to serve rushing to get the deliveries done
No way of keeping it hot
Order comes in take out ready toasted frozen bun and frozen precooked burger
Stick on reheat with frozen onions “ping”
add sauce stick in box and to server
Who is already doing order 55 for collection while someone else is doing delivery order you are order 66😀
You open Box to find soggy bun cold burger and chips
You go to complain see the queue
and promptly drop in the bin on they way out 😁
Wasn't it Richard Bacon on an episode of WILTY who pointed out that a McD's beef pattie goes from frozen to cooked in 12 seconds!

(He was dumped by his girlfriend at the till he was serving her at as a student job - True).

He’s fine he has not rustling

Wimpy is still around
Food is cooked to order you get knives and forks and those tomatoes shaped sauce bottles and the lady washes them out before refilling them tables are spotless
A proper brew not gnats pee
I used to like the odd McDonald’s on a Friday night
But in most places they don’t cook them on the griddle anymore they are thin and tasteless they are precooked and frozen and reheated 🤢
My neighbours son worked there for years evenings and weekends when they were thicker burgers cooked to order
And his son did work there but said it like a sweat shop
Rushing to serve rushing to get the deliveries done
No way of keeping it hot
Order comes in take out ready toasted frozen bun and frozen precooked burger
Stick on reheat with frozen onions “ping”
add sauce stick in box and to server
Who is already doing order 55 for collection while someone else is doing delivery order you are order 66😀
You open Box to find soggy bun cold burger and chips
You go to complain see the queue
and promptly drop in the bin on they way out 😁
The McD burgers used to be on a high-temp conveyor grill. Sounds like you're saying they microwave them or just warm up defrost on a grill.

Take-away prices: local chippy wants £2.80 for a small chips. Most take aways want £2.50 minimum for fried basket chips. A burger now costs £3.50 - £5+. A kebab, lamb doner, chicken shawarma now £8+.

Chips used to be £1, £1.50, proper burger £2/£2.50+, kebab £5-6, just a few years ago.

Since covid, ukraine energy, gas prices and general inflation the prices have gone mad and I think some are taking advantage.
Fish and chips now £11 or £12/£15+ minimum!
Proper restaurants want £18+! Depending on how salubrious they *think* they are!

I progressively offered the chippy £1.80, £2, £2.50, for his £2.80 chips and he wouldn't budge. So didn't get my order. Said he was in business, but I don't believe he couldn't offer a discount and still make a profit.

The McD burgers used to be on a high-temp conveyor grill. Sounds like you're saying they microwave them or just warm up defrost on a grill.

Take-away prices: local chippy wants £2.80 for a small chips. Most take aways want £2.50 minimum for fried basket chips. A burger now costs £3.50 - £5+. A kebab, lamb doner, chicken shawarma now £8+.

Chips used to be £1, £1.50, proper burger £2/£2.50+, kebab £5-6, just a few years ago.

Since covid, ukraine energy, gas prices and general inflation the prices have gone mad and I think some are taking advantage.
Fish and chips now £11 or £12/£15+ minimum!
Proper restaurants want £18+! Depending on how salubrious they *think* they are!

I progressively offered the chippy £1.80, £2, £2.50, for his £2.80 chips and he wouldn't budge. So didn't get my order. Said he was in business, but I don't believe he couldn't offer a discount and still make a profit.

I spotted a sign in a local chippy a few days ago - special offer: chips, small fried sausage and a side. £4.50

I remember when McD had a buy one get one free on Big Macs. They ran out of buns as their head office buyers forgot to tell the bun makers about the promotion. Massive Queues outside our local McD then they closed about 4 hours early.
I remember the 25th anniversary of McD's in UK and Big Macs were £1.
Remember buying 4 or 5 at a time in the City and having one, or two, and saving others in fridge for dinner, or next day, etc. You can get tired of anything if you have it often enough in a short space of time!
🍔🐡😘🤗🤢

Latest posts

Back