Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It’s a rather poor impersonation of an older person. Written in a way an older person wouldn’t. They’d obviously crib the name off Simon’s constant use of it over many years on shopping television - 60 years, is it now?
Exactly. I commented on the use of the word 'dear', I said that if you wanted to pretend to be an older person you would use that word. 'Muriel responded that she was sorry if I was offended by the word dear. Clearly deflecting on the point I was making.

Those ghastly Shepherd Market phone box air fresheners… Made by artisans..Fartisans, more like..Hence the ‘bottom’ notes.
He's just suggested we buy them as gifts. If I got one I would assume the giver is suggesting my home stinks🤣. I like the name Dubai in the name, suggesting opulence and luxury🤔

It’s a rather poor impersonation of an older person. Written in a way an older person wouldn’t. They’d obviously crib the name off Simon’s constant use of it over many years on shopping television - 60 years, is it now?
That’s what I thought. I’m an older person and my input isn’t worded in that way. Still I suppose it depends on how one defines old. To the teenage crew and staff they’d consider 30 old and 40 ancient!

Exactly. I commented on the use of the word 'dear', I said that if you wanted to pretend to be an older person you would use that word. 'Muriel responded that she was sorry if I was offended by the word dear. Clearly deflecting on the point I was making.
With all this gender and. PC malarkey and being old, I find that using “my dear” very useful!

Like I say…it’s Muriel aged about 21 with pimples, sat in a gallery in the early hours of the morning, at a loose end watching tat not being sold, with nothing better to offer to non-services to comedy.

We need more hours like this. Musical Instruments and Bedding Extravaganzas. Didn’t know he could play?

IMG_4405.jpeg

Latest posts

Back