Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nope. As replied/referenced
3 million pensioner millionaires: - Intergenerational Foundation

The current OAPs are the post-war Boomer generation who had low property prices, full employment, defined benefit company golden pension schemes, full state pension, stamp paid and benefited from property price boom, council house sales, 80s market boom, dot com boom, tax free Tessa, PEPs, ISAs. So many are well off.

Last year, more than one million NHS staff on the Agenda for Change contract - which includes nurses, paramedics, 999 call handlers, midwives, security guards and cleaners - received 2 one-off payments alongside a 5% pay rise.25 Mar 2024
One-off payments of up to £3000 for over 27000 health workers

You could set the WFP threshold using the basic rate tax band. Anybody paying income tax (12.5k) doesn't receive the WFP, or has the £300 added to their L code (+1500 at 20%=£300) but those not paying proper tax/self assessment might avoid this.

It is disappointing there was no apparent impact assessment where they could have deducted where the threshold should be rather than the Pension Credit level being used.
But that's the cheapest way to implement simply.

Just wait for the budget. The WFP abolition will pale into insignificance.
Wait until the pips start to squeak.
Change. Bright future. My @rse..

Ok, said my piece.

Back to Ideal Worst. (sic) 😁
Yep we've had our say and we'll leave it there.

I agree that the budget will be bad and will add to the cost of living crisis and probably inflation. They never learn that 'change' for the sake of change isn't always for the best.

Some forum members are sensing that IW is getting better and so we live in hope!

Is it me, or are the items on IW3 sloooowwwllly improving to be a bit better than the market trader, back of a lorry loader stuff from TJC up until now?

Slazenger bag, Xenta soundbar.

P.S. Many pensioners must have money... Look at all of 'em buying this tat on

Not so much in price/value but in item selection.

Tote Bags, holdalls, security cameras, metal embossed jewellery boxes, wireless chargers, doorbell cameras, soundbar.

Bit better than walking canes, copper-infused socks and plastic parrots.

Somebody looks as if they're at least trying to buy in better quality stock items.
And we haven't seen that pack of batteries for a while!! 😜

This incarnation of Ideal World started on the 29th September 2023 but they're celebrating their anniversary today? Not unusual as for some reason the original IW would celebrate their birthday in March instead of April.

Some forum members are sensing that IW is getting better and so we live in hope!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Jesus, must be 1st April. :ROFLMAO:

They're worse now than when they started a year ago.

At least they had a few okay non shyster presenters (Heather, Simona, more of a sensible Rob) at the start, now they are wall to wall with shysters from 6am - 2am, who are either deliberately spouting utter bullshit and lies to deceive viewers or spouting bullshit and lies, not only because they are shysters, but because of their total ignorance of the products they are selling, christ even looks like Rob has given up and allowed himself to be brainwashed by this lot, he was spewing copious amounts of duchump bullshit the other night.

They are one of the most unprofessional, unethical, immoral retailers in the UK.

Okay rant over, away for morning walk, with my trusty all flashing dazzling alarm cane, sporting my oversized sherpa fleece hoodie, hand hot water bottle and wearing a perpetual luxury duchump watch (should be other stuff to take with me, but i've bought so many items i can't remember them all). :ROFLMAO:

Yep we've had our say and we'll leave it there.

I agree that the budget will be bad and will add to the cost of living crisis and probably inflation. They never learn that 'change' for the sake of change isn't always for the best.

It is like wishing a terminal tumour better. Extremely unlikely. There is an old saying that you cannot polish a tu rd. Apt in their particular broadcasting standards type case.

However much we moaned about the likes of, My Name is Den, Shaun Ryan, Dean Wilson etc, we know they would do a better job

Yiannis has surprised me, He was Biege on Create and Craft, but not pushy, But he quickly turned into the worst,

He was still doing hard sell at 1am

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Jesus, must be 1st April. :ROFLMAO:

They're worse now than when they started a year ago.

At least they had a few okay non shyster presenters (Heather, Simona, more of a sensible Rob) at the start, now they are wall to wall with shysters from 6am - 2am, who are either deliberately spouting utter bullshit and lies to deceive viewers or spouting bullshit and lies, not only because they are shysters, but because of their total ignorance of the products they are selling, christ even looks like Rob has given up and allowed himself to be brainwashed by this lot, he was spewing copious amounts of duchump bullshit the other night.

They are one of the most unprofessional, unethical, immoral retailers in the UK.

Okay rant over, away for morning walk, with my trusty all flashing dazzling alarm cane, sporting my oversized sherpa fleece hoodie, hand hot water bottle and wearing a perpetual luxury duchump watch (should be other stuff to take with me, but i've bought so many items i can't remember them all). :ROFLMAO:
Better make sure you have your survival shovel if you are going out side !

Better make sure you have your survival shovel if you are going out side !

Unfortunately, don't have one of them.

Note for Charlie, prepare text from Hammy praising the survival shovel, how it came in handy when he/she had to dig himself/herself out of a snowdrift during a blizzard on the way to one of his/her coastal walks. ;):ROFLMAO:

I mean…what’s he on? £40 a presentation, plus all the free canes and bacon perfume he can eat and drink? Hanging around that building like diarrhoea in a spacesuit looking for the next product he can be an expert in? Wouldn’t Ubering pay more?

Last edited:
However much we moaned about the likes of, My Name is Den, Shaun Ryan, Dean Wilson etc, we know they would do a better job

Yiannis has surprised me, He was Biege on Create and Craft, but not pushy, But he quickly turned into the worst,

He was still doing hard sell at 1am
Must be using his acting skills then!,🤣

Latest posts

Back