Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I haven't watched for a couple of days. Mike's back, and what quality item does he have to offer us? 50 Magic sponges! I thought the clearance event was to get rid of the dross, but it's just the same old crap.

I hopped on last night and after a min or so I was just about to hop back to proper telly when I saw something flash up bottom right of the screen. It looked like the Microsoft Teams message box that appears when someone messages you on Teams.

I looked at it again and sure enough it was a Teams message from someone saying something like 'yes show the sponges, they've been doing well' or something like that. It only appeared because the person in the gallery was showing how to view the live stream, so we were obviously seeing the live gallery computer screen.

So, that's why you were offered the sponges ;)

Torchy says using a mini stepper may help you come off medication such as statins. All he seems to be doing is wiggling his hips.
That's outrageous. Items like these are good to try to improve your health or mobility generally, to suggest this to an audience of people who are likely to be on stations is dreadful. The potential results are limited. If they're so good why does he go to the gym?

I put ear buds in (even if I'm not listening to music). When I'm approached for a probable hard sell I just point to my ears, indicating that I can't hear them, and continue walking. Or I put on a posh voice and say "I'm terribly sorry but I don't speak English". That usually confuses them!
Furniture stores can be bad for it.

'Don't worry, I'll leave you to browse' and they then proceed to stalk you around the store, peeking out from behind displays waiting to pounce!

Joanne proudly states her daughter has vegetables for breakfast. She has no spots because she has vegetables for breakfast. I don't think vegetables alone are a nutritious breakfast, they lack the balance needed for the first meal of the day. I know fruit can count as a breakfast but it just sounds odd to say it that way. I mean cereal is good for you too, just not Frosties everyday. I have shreddies or Weetabix, porridge, that kind of thing
A work colleague used to bring a green vegetable smoothie to work for her breakfast. It looked and smelt revolting.🤢. Fortunately she only worked mornings so we didn’t find out what the after effects were💨😷. I like my veggies but not for breakfast.

I alternate between rice crispies, oatibix and shreddies. Porridge in the winter though

Still recovering from watching that dreadful cane presentation last night - dreadful in both senses. All their presenters and production staff could urgently do with some sort of disability awareness training. I worked for an organisation of disabled people for several years in the early to mid-2000s running an Internet accessibility project. That broadcast last night could have been used as part of our own training for external employers etc. Used to illustrate how NOT to try to sell products to a disabled targeted customer base. You don’t buy an aid like a cane for mobility without a proper on-site assessment to establish its suitability for your needs by a qualified professional like an OT, for example. You also directly involve the user in the selection process - letting them take control whenever possible. Not dumping one on them on a visit saying: “There’s yer bleedin’ stick - get on with it…I’m off down the boozer.”You also don’t want it presented on air solo, by some cockney bloke with terrible analogies (treatable with creams) feigning a limp as part of the demonstration. At least the previous version got a dedicated disabled products retailer in to co-present the items.
My wooden walking sticks were my late mum’s. Fortunately she was the same height as me so they’re fine for me.

She got them from the local mobility shop. They assessed what height was suitable, tried out from samples in store, plus best handles for her needs. They then actually cut the new ones to length. They must be at least 40 years old. My mobility has deteriorated over the last ten years and I use 1 stick indoors but 2 when I go out. The only thing I have to do is change the ferrules when they wear out.

It really angers me off that these charlatans use their heinous sales methods to fleece the disabled.

If his face was in some sort of horror story book I was given when I was a child, I would still be having nightmares seeing it.
New Horror film franchise - NIGHTMARES FROM THE DARK LAGOON. Starrring
Yiannis “Torchy” Morgan and Natalia “Fish lipped gargoyle” Ferrara.
Full supporting cast : Pervy Patio Pete, Foghorn Mother Teresa Jacks and Mikey Barrerboi Mason.
Special effects (pyrotechnics) Chef Mark
All other jobs: Peter Vol-au-Vent expert extraordinaire

Old enough to remember them win the thing. 1982? Spink in goal?
Not only old enough but I was there behind the goal where Peter Withe blasted it in from 60yards (ok went in off his shin) but don’t let the facts get in the way of a good story(learnt from Ideal World😊)

I had the honour of being a steward as well. Great days.

RIP Gary Shaw. My hero who played that day

New Horror film franchise - NIGHTMARES FROM THE DARK LAGOON. Starrring
Yiannis “Torchy” Morgan and Natalia “Fish lipped gargoyle” Ferrara.
Full supporting cast : Pervy Patio Pete, Foghorn Mother Teresa Jacks and Mikey Barrerboi Mason.
Special effects (pyrotechnics) Chef Mark
All other jobs: Peter Vol-au-Vent expert extraordinaire
We need a part for Paul Berk, sorry Becque

I would happily email on your behalf but Market Stall Mike never tells us the email address. The only one I could find was [email protected].

As this forum is read by the presenters and crew perhaps they could tell us an email address for each presenter. Starting with Mike of the Masons. So we can all tell him how much we like him.
Is that a genuine email address.?..Maybe that’s the one being used by hundreds of people to communicate with the beautiful bald fellow whose ego knows no bounds

Attachments

• IMG_0091.jpeg
    IMG_0091.jpeg
    393 KB · Views: 0
Surely the British aristocracy buy their air fresheners from IW3😂🤣

I think I saw a sponsored post from Victoria Beckham on Instagram. She was in her bog squirting one around, talking about how she wouldn't use anything but Dubai air fresheners purchased from Ideal World. She had a special code people could use to get free p&p on their purchase (UPLEB5). She was adamant she wanted all her fans to make their bogs smell like hers.

She also said David likes to wear it as deodorant after a kick about.

Av a buy.

He did say he goes to the gym regularly.

Yeah, he's proper buff now, but did you know he was obese? He got his physique by buying equipment that "gym bods" go mad for on selly telly, like Vibration plates, folding treadmills, and those little pedals you can sit on your ass eating Doritos and use.

Once he lost the pounds, and got to such a ripped, toned level, he did decide to join a gym.

Sadly, the queues for the vibration plate at his local mean he's just left swigging collagen on the rowing machine, or has to use weights - neither of which will, according to the fitness expert at IW, build muscle as as much as standing, sitting, and leaning on a vibration plate for 3 minutes every other day.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back