Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

QVC used to take tech a lot more seriously and present it more frequently. Tim Goodwin (the previous tech presenter) almost sold in the form of a tutorial than a sound byte laden, rushed through presentation like today's incumbent offers. Dumbed down best describes their technology output these days. But that just reflects society in general these days. If it doesn't affect YOU directly, YOU couldn't care less.

QVC used to feature Apple Macs, and a lot of HP stuff with HP experts from the company themselves. Lots of Lenovo tablets, laptops, desktops, scanners, printers, fax machines etc. Plus software packages. Nowadays it is just relentless Alexa and Epson in the main.
Oh how true Duke. Tim Goodwin really knew his stuff as did LJ Rich the lady that also did tech on QVC. Danny who worked for HP was also knowledgeable and informative. In fact I bought my first HP computer based on his presentation (not from QVC but John Lewis) .

Lee Hohbein is a very weak replacement. He was on last night with the Epson Ecotank printer. Yes it’s nice to know the inks are cheaper, but I’d like to see where you load the paper, is the paper top loaded or in a bottom drawer, what speed does it print, what’s the maximum gsm paperweight it’ll take even how long the power cable is?! No we get shown the same old photos he’s printed.

No doubt he’ll be back soon with an Alexa offering. Dropping in on his mother, telling us about an odd few apps, showing same photos. If he sold cars, he’d probably emphasise the colour, size of wheel trims, size of boot, without giving any actual technical specifics.

Rant over!😂

Such a comfort culture of lying exists there, I think they probably don’t even realise they’re doing it any longer.
I think it's a bit like certain politicians. Say one lie and it may be challenged. Say 20 lies in an hour and nobody seems to do anything, it's almost like it just washes over us.

I wonder who made that up, didn't realise the kids in the gallery knew such big words. I think they are the ones taking the piss.

Must be on the radar again cause i texted in on the Duchump show on Friday commenting on the bullshit they were spouting. ;)

Kids obviously thought they were being clever with this fake text.

What would be a wonder is if they ever read out a text that was ACTUALLY from me. Won't hold my breath though as they ain't professional or grown up enough to do such an honest thing.

Must be on the radar again cause i texted in on the Duchump show on Friday commenting on the bullshit they were spouting. ;)

Kids obviously thought they were being clever with this fake text.

What would be a wonder is if they ever read out a text that was ACTUALLY from me. Won't hold my breath though as they ain't professional or grown up enough to do such an honest thing.
I wonder if the gallery know they're committing fraud? I hope they can trace this message to a phone number that isn't one of theirs or their friends or family.

Just in case someone with too much time on their hands chooses to take this further. I'm sure the company wouldn't like to be investigated. You never know what might be found.

Going by how we chat on here, I think most of us, aren’t in the best of health I maybe wrong.

They don’t realise how much harm they could be causing. Think it’s got a point it’s clear a lot of this, Is down to the children in the gallery, who maybe should be munching on there Happy Meal, than working on a shopping channel

Latest posts

Back