Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Den used to say that all the time on the old IW, even claim they have 3 compliance officers checking everything so as they didn't fall foul of ASA. Compliance offficers were obviously crap at their job. :ROFLMAO:
Ideal World ASA Compliance Meeting…

IMG_0761.jpeg

Jezza referred to the ASA last night - just after 1 am.
They moved on from a Duchump and were trying to flog the prestigious brand that is Swan and Edgar.
He came back after plinky-plonky to say Simon had texted in to say one of the two watches wasn't automatic. They had taken them off sale and apologised. A lot of nonsense about them being very careful to abide by rules.

The teenagers must be aware people on this forum are on their case.
Wouldn't be surprised if this was a stunt - so they can show the ASA they're aware of regulations.
They're extremely sneaky.
I would say if they show they are aware of the regulations, but routinely breach them, it will do more harm

Pedro has an Emporio Armani watch at 9. Reckons it's worth £800.

They're a decent enough fashion watch, but not worth anywhere near £800, you're paying a premium for the name. He makes it sound like it's a new watch and it's limited, it may be new to the UK, but that model has been on sale for nearly 10 years, in the US and Europe. I'm thinking they've picked up some from another retailer that couldn't sell them. ;)

If anybody is wondering they're made by Fossil, in Biel.

They're a decent enough fashion watch, but not worth anywhere near £800, you're paying a premium for the name. He makes it sound like it's a new watch and it's limited, it may be new to the UK, but that model has been on sale for nearly 10 years, in the US and Europe. I'm thinking they've picked up some from another retailer that couldn't sell them. ;)

I read something a while back how Poundland started. There might be an large order for a company to supply something but the deal fell through so the Poundland owner would pick the products up quite cheaply. He bought anything that was a good deal, was quite random things to begin with.

I often think that this sometimes applies to IW, maybe bankrupt stock, as some of their products are quite random too.

I read something a while back how Poundland started. There might be an large order for a company to supply something but the deal fell through so the Poundland owner would pick the products up quite cheaply. He bought anything that was a good deal, was quite random things to begin with.

I often think that this sometimes applies to IW, maybe bankrupt stock, as some of their products are quite random too.

There's a lot of that in the watch grey market.

I've had a good look round, and I can't find the exact watch. I notice that it doesn't have the Armani logo on it, if that is relevant. If it's been around for 10 years, chances are it's not made any more. Bankrupt stock yet again? He makes it sound as if it's the most desirable watch around. He's been wearing for a few days apparently, and the security guard asked him if it was the Armani Swiss watch! Of course he did, you clown.

I've had a good look round, and I can't find the exact watch. I notice that it doesn't have the Armani logo on it, if that is relevant. If it's been around for 10 years, chances are it's not made any more. Bankrupt stock yet again? He makes it sound as if it's the most desirable watch around. He's been wearing for a few days apparently, and the security guard asked him if it was the Armani Swiss watch! Of course he did, you clown.

It's the Emporio Armani ARS4003, most of the links i can find seem to be mainly, Middle East, Europe and US, doesn't look like it was on sale here.

You could get it cheaper from Italy, even with Vat and Duty still be a couple of hundred pound cheaper than IW.

It's the Emporio Armani ARS4003, most of the links i can find seem to be mainly, Middle East, Europe and US, doesn't look like it was on sale here.

You could get it cheaper from Italy, even with Vat and Duty still be a couple of hundred pound cheaper than IW.

Thanks for that. I just associate everything IW says about these so called deals as something dodgy.

Latest posts

Back