Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Chef Mark in action this evening…

IMG_0481.jpeg

This Grill. Has lead to people buying Microwaves
@Emiily J Lol, yeah right.

Those microwave grill plates that get hot have been around for years.
Sister site TJC are selling one for £17.99 here,

I'd buy one for a tenner, no more, as a gadget, which does both sides at once, better than that way overpriced Rangemaster for £60, wow with a lid! And only does one side.

When not a chef Mark did the chicken breasts, they had to be turned over and by the time both sides had charred from the hotplate, the chicken was overcooked to rubbery buggery!!!

By the time you get char marks, most microwaved food will be overcooked!

Last edited:
Purvy Pete is like the Joe Biden of Ideal World.
We were watching him just prior to 9:00 when he called chef sparky Mark 'Albert' twice in the space of about less the about ten minutes.
Is he losing his marbles, assuming he had any in the first place?
He called the production crew Albert, Charlie, Mark, all in the space of 20 minutes. He is the Wizard of Oz making it all up to create a false façade.
if he's talking to anyone, he hears what they say but makes up the.stock inventory. Fomo, urgency, it's all pretend, for tv.

The mispricing by misquoting the flexi-pay instalment as the price is really annoying me.

"Get the pans home for £19.99, on five flexi-pays". That implies £4 x 5.

No, £19.99 the first of 5 flexi-pays.

ASA really should fix this.

And not once did Simon sell or describe the pans in any detail.
He has no knowledge beyond the on-screen description of sizes and 'die cast'. He kept repeating it. I doubt he even knows what it means.

Are the ceramic non-stick coatings PTFE free?

Are the handles cool-touch?

Are the pans suitable for induction hobs?

Standard questions for cookware pans.

How are aluminium base and pans die-cast. I thought Le Creuset (they kept alluding to French proper pans) die-cast is poured iron into moulds (dies).
These bases and pans don't look die cast to me, unless liquid aluminium poured similarly?

Probably not and PS doesn't know.
It doesn't say on the IW website.

Nobody knows anything beyond flowery sales patter.

Last edited:
That’s about three times I have seen the Karaoake machine being sold, not once have they discussed what leads it comes with how it turns up

He just goes this is award winning all the pros use it, and says songs u can sing with it. He has explained you can read the words, but surely, would that mean you had to connect it to another device

That’s about three times I have seen the Karaoake machine being sold, not once have they discussed what leads it comes with how it turns up

He just goes this is award winning all the pros use it, and says songs u can sing with it. He has explained you can read the words, but surely, would that mean you had to connect it to another device
You're getting addicted! 😃
On catchup? What are you watching? Joanne on now with pain relief.

But you're correct that they don't sell or describe items in any detail.

They know nothing beyond the product description supplied or on the box, if they read it.

They're the sort of people who do well at the grad interviews for sales, "sell me this biro pen I have on my desk here". Or "describe the inside of a ping-pong ball".

Flowery meaningless drivel that has little content or fact.

They know nothing beyond the product description supplied or on the box, if they read it.

They're the sort of people who do well at the grad interviews for sales, "sell me this biro pen I have on my desk here". Or "describe the inside of a ping-pong ball".

No, I Went for a late night run, Going out with mates today. To go Shopping

Other than 'Muriel' although it appears even she has stopped buying (that was a little odd, including their posts here) does anyone believe a single word that comes out of his mouth

He would have expected to lose his hair 20 years ago and the next sentence has been taking collagen for 15 years :unsure: What accounted for those first 5 years of hair retention, Emu oil 😄
Is it like Del Boy's flat at his place? Boxes of collagen pills being used as a coffee table and various other items he's been trying to shift?

You mean modern and luxurious writing implement made out of environmentally friendly plastic that you can buy for £500 elsewhere but only £9.99 at Ideal World plus £10 p&p

No, I Went for a late night run, Going out with mates today. To go Shopping
You were mentioning Karaoke machine with a male presenter, 6 minutes beforehand and Joanne was on selling dresses and pain relief unctions.

Were you watching IW on catch-up/youtube not live.

You mean modern and luxurious writing implement made out of environmentally friendly plastic that you can buy for £500 elsewhere but only £9.99 at Ideal World plus £10 p&p
A dark nothingness, devoid of light, no consciousness, no content, round but an empty, airless vacuum with no meaning beyond its enclosed surface.

"Thank you Mr. Simon, that explains your head, now describe the ping-pong ball insides like I asked."

Ahhh, delayed stream of consciousness comment on a particularly impactful IW selling trauma. I commiserate.
It was because somebody had posted about them not giving details on the pan set, Then I remembered the Karaoake machine, which he waffled on about it being award winning. but didn’t mention what leads came with it, how to connect it to a TV Maybe.

Just come in from going to town.

Latest posts

Back