Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I cannot see NASA anywhere on this watch and the original Apollo 11 does not have the astronauts names on it which suggests a problem with the rights to use the names....not sure this is genuinely official. I am happy if I am wrong though.
IW is more comfortable in the genuinely unofficial sphere of products ...

I cannot see NASA anywhere on this watch and the original Apollo 11 does not have the astronauts names on it which suggests a problem with the rights to use the names....not sure this is genuinely official. I am happy if I am wrong though.

Definately not an official collaboration with NASA, if it were their name would be fairly prominent. The only reason for doing a collaboration/official tie up with NASA is if you want to use the NASA name and logo, they're basically all that NASA have trademark/copyrighted which you need to licence from NASA to use.

He reckons he stayed up to watch the moon landing, he must have been very young. I was 12, and I wasn't allowed to watch it, not that I was particularly interested at the time. Ken Mattingly was dropped from the Apollo 13 mission Peter, not Apollo 11. Get your facts right.

I watched, remember hardly seeing anything as the picture was so dark and grainy, was very interested in space back then, even did a project at school on the Saturn V rocket and landing, which wasn't easy finding info in the days way before internet, many visits to the library.

Excellent portable prison cell for £89.99 on-air now...

Screenshot_20240720_220842_Chrome.jpg

He reckons he stayed up to watch the moon landing, he must have been very young. I was 12, and I wasn't allowed to watch it, not that I was particularly interested at the time. Ken Mattingly was dropped from the Apollo 13 mission Peter, not Apollo 11. Get your facts right.
I'm not being funny but why buy from Amazon when we have IW?

Yes they're usually cheaper.
Yes they can often deliver more quickly.
Yes they have millions of items to choose from.

But apart from that, why?

;)
True and Amazon don’t have trustworthy and informative tv presenters selling their wares like IW.

I was 19 so Peter must’ve been 15/16 to watch the first moon landing.

If you Google Peter Simon you will get he was born November 1962 pretty much the same as me. Where I lived at the time we didn't have any TV because it was all broadcast in a foreign (to us) language. But I don't think many six? year old children would have been allowed to stay up that late to watch something like that. However I don't know what the transmission time of that actual event was?

I was thinking more for when out and about or for a run.

I did buy the 2 as it was 25% off I think,
Huh? If you're running, the air rushing past your face should be more cooling than 2 small fans around the neck, maybe?

Or is it for when you stop! 😛

Anyhow, let us know how they go, hope you enjoy your purchase!

I've just come back from LIDL and in their latest weekly magazine, going on sale from Sunday 28 July is a Tower brand digital air fryer for £59.99.
6 Litre 1700w, Model number: T17127MSHL for your info
Exactly. In fact you can get them for £20+ depending on capacity and Wattage.
Even the Hamilton Beach ones go for £40-60.
Just 'cos it rotates on a gimbal for all over cooking doesn't make it worth £250!

Yes Peter, my father loved Perry Como also, I don't need to hear you murdering one of his best songs.
"Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket, never let it fade away".

A 45 on my parent's Dansette "portable record player in a folding box case with handle".

"Magic, .... Moments...

Magic moments, when two hearts are carin'
Magic moments, memories we've been sharing...

(Am I getting old?! 😲)

I'm not being funny but why buy from Amazon when we have IW?

Yes they're usually cheaper.
Yes they can often deliver more quickly.
Yes they have millions of items to choose from.

But apart from that, why?

;)
BECAUSE THEY DON'T PAY PROPER TAX ON THEIR UK OPERATIONS!!!

I avoid buying/using Amazon services or products until they pay their fair Corporate tax on their UK and .co.uk operations.

Rather than farming it out to Dublin, Eire or doing the Belgian/Luxembourg switcheroo debt offset, typical avoidance scheme for use of the Amazon brand from their HQ.

It would only take a couple of weeks of a public boycott for them to reconsider their UK tax position...

Last edited:
I was a toddler and can remember crawling around on the living room floor with the TV on, showing one of the later probably 15-17 missions possibly around 1971-72.

It was 1969, wasn’t it? I was six or seven. I remember it reasonably clearly as it was such a big thing in what media we had at the time. I assuming Simon was a similar age to me?

Nobody is ever going to convince me the technology ever really existed to put a rocket into space, land men on another planet, and maintain communications back in the late ‘60s and ‘70s. For me, I fall into the school of thought that those landings were filmed in the Nevada Desert. The acid test for me is that there has never been another landing of people on the Moon attempted since the early 1970s. Perhaps we have the infrastructure and technological abilities to do it now? That said, I also believe Diana was murdered, JFK was assassinated by several gunman near railway lines in Dallas and Ideal World will one day become a moral entity. A firm believer therefore in ludicrous hysterical conspiracy theories.

Janice, in the early hours, stated his tick list for a watch.

Limited Edition, massive tick, so rare when you get a watch so limited, only 100 on the planet, means very collectable and good chance will appreciate in value.

It’s a legacy piece, Heirloom piece and is going to last, quality piece, should be into the thousands (and it is on their web site) because of the movement, every aspect built to a high standard.

The actual movement inside is a Seiko movement, which is world renowned, Japanese Seiko movement, automatic movement.

This is why it’s a watch that will increase in value.:rolleyes:

To be honest, he doesn’t really have much of a tick list when buying a watch, it’s even worse when his tick list is a lot of crap too. :eek:

Limited Edition doesn’t make it very collectable, nor does it mean it will appreciate in value, there are thousands, upon thousands of watches out there that are limited Edition (IW have had hundreds over the years), that are not very collectable and are guaranteed to lose value very, very quickly after purchase.

Movement can have a big bearing on buying a watch, but it’s probably best you know the actual movement in the watch first before making that decision, it ain’t a Seiko and it ain’t world renowned, it’s a discontinued movement from Miyota’s bog standard 8 series.

Great check list Janice. (y):ROFLMAO:

Janice had a big impact on sales of the watches, there was only one colourway left at the start of his show now back up to 3 colourways this morning, so expect another show.

Latest posts

Back