Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I could never get a decent picture on mine. That doesn'tmean others had that issue.
I have a sneaky suspicion that it was quite usual.
Sir Clive didn’t have exactly the best reputation for quality control!
😳

Mind you, compared to IW…remember IW2 selling all those watches with skipping mechanisms and, quite literally, hands that fell off on camera.

Just a bit, secretly, I wanted Dick Dastardly to win. Maybe just once.
He wanted to, so very badly!
Me too🤭. But the message to us kids was that cheats never prosper. I loved when Muttley used to laugh when his master had an accident!🤣

I was never a fan of Peter Perfect or Penelope Pitstop.

I must be older than you, I remember Torchy the battery boy, Four Feather Falls, Supercar and Fireball XL5. All made by Gerry Anderson before Thunderbirds, early 1960,'s. Wacky Races and Scooby Doo were on when I was at senior school.

Hard to remember tv so looong ago :ROFLMAO:, first programs i remember were Watch with Mother which had The Wooden Tops, Andy Pandy, bill & ben, also watched sooty, Grampian Tv's Romper Room with Lesley (the do bee song :ROFLMAO:), then in primary it was things like Fireball XL5, Stingray, Captain Scarlet, Thundbirds, little later remember things like How, Magpie, catweazle and Black Beauty.

Live scenes from the IW warehouse.

The phone lines were in meltdown so the shoppers came direct

no one wanted to miss out on those exquisite bedding sets

giphy 23.19.57.2024-03-05 23_20_40.gif

Not sure what time of the day all these came on, but remember watching some as a kid and some as a teenager at secondary school, ranging from the late 70s until the late 80s/early 90s. Danger Mouse, Bananaman, Count Duckula, Terrahawks, The Trap Door, Bagpuss, Mr Benn, Wilo the Wisp, The Wind in the Willows, Button Moon, The Magic Roundabout, Emu's World, Jamie and the Magic Torch, Mr.Men and Little Miss, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show, The Sooty Show, The Basil Brush Show, Cockleshell Bay, Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds, The Littlest Hobo, Captin Caveman, Superted, Thundercats, The Raggy Dolls. I I have no doubt that there are many more, but these are the ones that come to mind at the moment.
All of the ones you mentioned plus Mysterious Cities of Gold, Battle of the Planets, Defenders of The Earth, Jig Saw, The Muppet Show, Fraggle Rock, Sesame Street, Star Trek, Quincy, Hart To Hart, Supergran, Crossroads (to see if they fluffed their lines), anything with Fred Harris or Johnny Ball, Animal Magic, The Really Wild Show, Take Hart, Hart Beat, Knight Rider, The A-Team, The Fall Guy, Buck Rodgers, MASH, Magnum PI, Airwolf, Battlestar Galactica, No. 73, Art Attack, Saturday Superstore, The Wide Awake Club, Roland Rat, Press Gang, Doctor Who, Sapphire and Steel, Dempsey and Makepeace, Dallas, Falcon Crest, Morcombe and Wise, Little and Large, Cannon and Ball, Hale and Pace, Lenny Henry, Ben Elton, Alexei Sayle, Blackadder, The Pink Windmill, The Adventure game, Knightmare, there are so many shows I'm probably forgetting important ones

Does anyone remember Noah and Nelly in Skylark? I tried to explain it to my sister, but she kept looking at me as if I was having an episode, so now I think I might’ve dreamt it. I think I might have to Google it.
I remember that. Wasn’t it Richard Briers? Pretty sure that at some point he said ‘All aboard the Skylark!’. Not sure if anyone else remembers ‘The Flashing Blade’ a bit Musketeery, French and dubbed. I seem to remember this was very popular on a Saturday Morning, usually this or Robinson Crusoe.

All of the ones you mentioned plus Mysterious Cities of Gold, Battle of the Planets, Defenders of The Earth, Jig Saw, The Muppet Show, Fraggle Rock, Sesame Street, Star Trek, Quincy, Hart To Hart, Supergran, Crossroads (to see if they fluffed their lines), anything with Fred Harris or Johnny Ball, Animal Magic, The Really Wild Show, Take Hart, Hart Beat, Knight Rider, The A-Team, The Fall Guy, Buck Rodgers, MASH, Magnum PI, Airwolf, Battlestar Galactica, No. 73, Art Attack, Saturday Superstore, The Wide Awake Club, Roland Rat, Press Gang, Doctor Who, Sapphire and Steel, Dempsey and Makepeace, Dallas, Falcon Crest, Morcombe and Wise, Little and Large, Cannon and Ball, Hale and Pace, Lenny Henry, Ben Elton, Alexei Sayle, Blackadder, The Pink Windmill, The Adventure game, Knightmare, there are so many shows I'm probably forgetting important ones
Sapphire and Steel are on ITV X at the moment, watched it quite recently. David McCallum was wonderful.

Hard to remember tv so looong ago :ROFLMAO:, first programs i remember were Watch with Mother which had The Wooden Tops, Andy Pandy, bill & ben, also watched sooty, Grampian Tv's Romper Room with Lesley (the do bee song :ROFLMAO:), then in primary it was things like Fireball XL5, Stingray, Captain Scarlet, Thundbirds, little later remember things like How, Magpie, catweazle and Black Beauty.
Fireball XL5 is regularly on Talking Pictures, a great channel for Saturday Morning cliffhangers! King of the Rocketmen, Flash Gordon, and Comando Cody! Does anyone remember Disneytime? Little clips of Disney films usually transmitted at Easter and Christmas? Oh, and this may have been mentioned before, Clapperboard ?

I must be older than you, I remember Torchy the battery boy, Four Feather Falls, Supercar and Fireball XL5. All made by Gerry Anderson before Thunderbirds, early 1960,'s. Wacky Races and Scooby Doo were on when I was at senior school.
I remember Andy Pandy, and bill and Ben but my favorite was another Gerry Anderson creation called Twizzle

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back