Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I would hope the tape is better than a box of chocolates.
Doesn’t send the right message though when you tell the girl you have bought her some black magic for Valentine’s Day and she finds all you have in your bag is a roll of cheap duct tape.
And that, your honour, is the case for the defence!
🤣🤣

Yeah, he NEVER touches on the most important things to consider if you are buying a drone with the intention of filming (especially if you plan to use a drone to film things that people pay for), including the most important part of all cameras: the sensor.

Light hits the sensors and that gets converted into digital data. Companies spend colossal sums developing sensors - that, and post-processing, is where the competition in camera technology happen.

A high-quality sensor is engineered to capture and process light more accurately and have a high signal-to-noise ratios. Thus, you get an image that's sharper/less noisy, with more detail, and better colour accuracy (and potentially enough data for HDR). And it is also engineered

A low-quality sensor (like the £4 off the shelf component used in these drones) simply won't be as good - it may very well produce the same number of pixels, but those pixels will have less detail in them.

It's (sort of) like a real eye: if your retina (sensor) is damaged (low quality) you still "see" the world in the same resolution as everyone else but the picture itself is less distinct/vivid/sharp, you can't make out fine details, etc.

But no, we don't get any details about the camera other than it's HD (usually 720p not even FHD 1080p), as if it's 2008, HD is brand-new, and we'll be wowed by that.

Most cheap smartphones can capture 4K - 8K HDR is the real "wow" offering these days, Richard.

The worst part: they're not just low-rent tech, they're vastly overpriced: you can buy a better spec toy drone (for that's all they are, regardless of "pro" in the name) can be found on Amazon for ~£60.
Yes! I agree that info is vital. I can't be bothered with drones myself but I would rather pay someone who has the proper gear to get the footage. He's trying to convince people that the HD in these things is broadcast quality. They are toys with useable cameras for home use. Consumer grade. If you ever see any sample footage even the live feed he does, it is never full screen

Not sure what time of the day all these came on, but remember watching some as a kid and some as a teenager at secondary school, ranging from the late 70s until the late 80s/early 90s. Danger Mouse, Bananaman, Count Duckula, Terrahawks, The Trap Door, Bagpuss, Mr Benn, Wilo the Wisp, The Wind in the Willows, Button Moon, The Magic Roundabout, Emu's World, Jamie and the Magic Torch, Mr.Men and Little Miss, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show, The Sooty Show, The Basil Brush Show, Cockleshell Bay, Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds, The Littlest Hobo, Captin Caveman, Superted, Thundercats, The Raggy Dolls. I I have no doubt that there are many more, but these are the ones that come to mind at the moment.

Anyone else remember Crown Court?
That was a sickie programme too!

Noggin the Nog, there's a blast from the past, also Captain Pugwash and Ivor the Engine. I'm showing my age now.

Highlighted the ones I remember watching. Why has no one mentioned The Moomins, The Clangers, Hector's House, Wacky Races.....

Doesn’t send the right message though when you tell the girl you have bought her some black magic for Valentine’s Day and she finds all you have in your bag is a roll of cheap duct tape.
And that, your honour, is the case for the defence!
🤣🤣

Simples - roll of duct tape, some plastic cable ties and some knockout drops/pills and its all sorted.....

Latest posts

Back