Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Heated Blanket now
Does he live in an igloo? Keeps a wooly hat beside the bed, in case he gets cold during the night! Said it goes up to 50C. A heated blanket and a duvet, far too warm. Said there's frost on the windows, I can remember that when I was a child in the sixties, when winters were a lot more severe than they are now. We had heated blankets when we were children that were switched on before bedtime, but always switched off before we got in.

He says normal bulbs only last a couple of months Is that true

He really will say anything.

I can't remember the last time I bought a bulb 💁🏻‍♂️

Well, I can - but it was a bulb for a brand new lamp which didn't have a bulb, so it needed one.

But I certainly haven't "had a bulb go" within months of buying it. Energy efficient bulbs that have been knocking around for the best part of 15/20 years. I know LED bulbs are newer (and more energy efficient) but those old energy efficient last a lot longer than a few months. The bayonet-fitting energy efficient bulb in my bedroom has been going at least 4/5 years.

I guess unlike normal bulbs, IW bulbs run on BS, which is in infinite supply as long as the channel is on air

Why do we need to know who ‘the crew’ is. I don’t go into Tesco and ask who is working round the ****** back. The Meteorohorological Society has issued Imminent Death Warnings up my back end end, Okay… I don‘t want to scare you or indeed harass you. But have you ever put your head between your frozen head and kissed you icy ars…goodbye? As you freeze to death in your wretched hovel, ‘ave a buy and get 100 of these chocolate fan heaters. Turn them on and spread them on your crackers, okay??
I'm not sure in Shopping TV world but getting a credit gets you more work. I do research and a while back I did research for a small production company but didn't get onscreen credit so harder to prove I was involved. In some cases it involves getting paid more. I don't know if it the same thing. or perhaps giving them a shout out helps internally with the big bosses. Personally speaking I think the background crew are propping up Peter's stint. Yesterday he was far less rambly about the watch. Now could he demonstrate it well? No. But at least he wasn't fumbling and dropping it and I did hear one or two completed sentences. Someone was assisting him big time. And that is to do a bare minimum for his job

Wowzers, Jeremy? Yes, Jeremy..Wowzers…I‘m back on Ideal World. Yes, we are Jeremy, aren’t you. Yes, it’s US - the Jeremy Edwards Quads… Wowzers…Hollyoaks…Strictly…Holby City..Dallas..Z-Cars…IACGMOOH…And now USB Blanket Hoodies on five flexis…Great when you want to take your bra off..Or the wife’s bra..Wowzers…Where’s Our Career Gone, Jeremy? It’s Behind Us…That was your gag last time I saw you..Not mine…
You've reminded me of an 80s cartoon starring a big white dog called Wowser!:
Maybe Jeremy should start singing it

Joanne and Emma are still selling them
I'll quantify this by saying I like her but, genuinely, what is the point of having another presenter presenting with Joanne? Whenever I've seen her these past few days she has always been on with someone else. It's not like she's shy, or needs help, or struggles to talk, it's actually amazing, how she can talk non-stop for the duration of a four-hour shift. The other presenter barely gets a look in because when Joanne starts, she just doesn't stop. There was also a fair bit of her and Emma talking over each other last night to the point you couldn't understand what was being said.

Latest posts

Back