Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've been looking at that site, but I can't figure out how the time can be accurate when it gets to us.

Surely it will depend on the speed of the internet connection, and whether the PC is wired up to the router or uses wi-fi, and the decoding time in the router, and even the speed of the PC????

I fooled my OH once as she was streaming a quiz over the internet, and I was listening on a radio. I heard the answer to every question before she had even heard the question (I could hear both but she couldn't) so as soon as the Q was asked on her device, I shouted out the answer (I was in a different room). She was most impressed until I admitted what I was doing.

Im not sure how, but it seems very accurate tbh…
The site calibrates itself against the time reported by my device, which will minimise most of those errors. This is what they say about accuracy…

What makes Time.is exact?​

• Time.is displays the time for your detected (or chosen) location, not the time according to your computer's clock.
  • The server which hosts Time.is is synchronized to atomic clock time.
  • Time.is adjusts to DST (Daylight Saving Time) even if your computer clock doesn't.
  • Time.is is always updated with the latest information about DST transitions and time zone modifications.
  • The displayed time is not just updated once a second, but at the beginning of every second. Many web clocks, and even the clock of some operating systems, will update the seconds at an arbitrary time within the second, and will drift when the computer is busy, causing jumps of two seconds when the drift has accumulated to a second.
  • If you adjust your computer clock, Time.is will issue a resynchronization.
  • Time.is is hosted on a modern, quick, dedicated server, which delivers the requested page in minimum time.
  • The code for Time.is is trimmed and light-weight, thus eliminating latency caused by the time it takes for the page to load and render.
  • Synchronization via Ajax ensures maximum accuracy.
it currently tells me that my iPad is 0.0019 seconds fast.

I bet that can only be bettered by the likes of Heritor, Gamages, Solar Time, Earnshaw…
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Youngish girl working until 2 a.m. is it? Can’t imagine it’s much of a wage either. Trying to sell generally low rent goods to not very many on New Year’s Eve. Not great on the face of it.

She's probably on to attract her younger fan base. At least it's not one of the shysters bringing in the new year on the channel.

Happy New Year all, was new to Ideal World as watched TJC before, usually late at night watching Rob and Lianna, only came to IW as presenters moved there and it was mentioned so thought I’d take a look. Have totally enjoyed all the comments on this forum and will look forward to seeing more in the new year.

New year same old Pedro, "this is my number one product of the year" the year that is 12 hours old :ROFLMAO: then he gives us a run down of r'Bet's schedule of visiting Pedro's bungalow.

"this is not a direct compasrison but its virtually the same" Pedro come on now......he has sorted his flexi info out and now he has moved onto say a non direct comparison is really a direct comparison :censored:

Latest posts

Back