Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

£40 on Ali
775624168170223974.jpg

It’s not the same without Peter Simon

Although they speak as much bullshit, it's just not as entertaining, it's a bit boring. Maybe it's the format of spending so much time on just a couple of watches, there isn't the same urgency being conveyed, whereas IW had a lot more watches being shown, and everything felt quicker, presenters and guests were spouting the bullshit at a faster pace, with it's check out or miss out right from the start.

I‘ve seen enough of The Jewellery Channel now to know it cannot replace Ideal World for my shopping channel humour fix. Presenters are generally humourless and staid, the way it is staged visually is tedious to the eye, products (particularly if you loathe jewellery) dull, boring and pointless. Hodgson is the only one I’ve seen with any life or satire to him. But stuck in that format there is not much he can do with it. Regardless of its numerous faults commercially- Ideal World was quicker paced format wise, a gift to continually give in ridiculous terms, and at its heights, with a quirkier and far more interesting range of goods.

So what does it mean that I cannot find a single Nubeo or Earnshaw on the TJC site now? Nothing in search, nothing in watches section, nothing in 7-day catch-up from Saturday.

Did they all sell out? Or have they been withdrawn or taken back by JB as unsold, sale or return?

Also, how does the economics work?! If they're only selling 8 to 12 watches, say total of 30, with say £100 mark-up on Earnshaw, that's £3k for 2hours broadcasting... It must cost around or more than that for studio, staff, presenters, etc ? Or it's the £1k Tourbillons with £800 mark-up make it worthwhile?
So today I searched on TJC and both the Nubeo and Earnshaw watches are re-listed on the site again. Weird. So not sold out or returned after all.

The Earnshaw automatics are now minimum £199+, £239 and £300+ so I think they left them off after the Black Friday July doorbuster discount prices from Saturday and now relisted them at new inflated "standard" prices.

So today I searched on TJC and both the Nubeo and Earnshaw watches are re-listed on the site again. Weird. So not sold out or returned after all.

The Earnshaw automatics are now minimum £199+, £239 and £300+ so I think they left them off after the Black Friday July doorbuster discount prices from Saturday and now relisted them at new inflated "standard" prices.

I had a look yesterday during the Gamages show and there was nothing then, so must have been added since last night.

They've also some strange pricing going on, same watch but they are charging £300 more for a yellow dial. :unsure:
If anything the blue dial watch should be slightly dearer have an IP/PVD plated case.

Over a year ago I ordered pro col through ideal world.
first a week ago I received an email direct from pro col with a familiar face smiling out at me and today this arrived in my post.

Attachments

• 9255982D-89F3-4C0A-97E1-313212BEA532.jpeg
    9255982D-89F3-4C0A-97E1-313212BEA532.jpeg
    163.3 KB · Views: 68
He seemed a bit lost for words
Afternoon drinking does that to you!

Not my cup of tea he looks shifty too, another shopping telly wide boy with the usual patter.

Family Heirlooms:oops:

Nothing would tell you you were the black sheep of the family more than a will executer tracking you down to tell you youd been left a 2023 Gamages.

Latest posts

Back