Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well probably best to take your time and keep searching through ebay / Chrono 24 / TKMaxx for any deals. Oh and i forgot to say every now and again TKMaxx have an odd Swiss watch bargain on their site.

Mathey-Tissot? Like this one?

View attachment 26136

I got mine from Jomashop, a bit cheaper than IW.

Although they are getting harder to get with a Valjoux 7750, they've a nice blue dial version now but it comes with a Landeron 77 movement instead.

The Swatch group brands like, Tissot, Certina , Hamilton, Mido etc will all have Automatic Chronographs with Valjoux variations in them, 7750 or 53 etc, ie in Hamilton watches the 7750 is named the H-21 movement.

Or this one which i picked up from TKMaxx for £600, has a Valjoux 7753 (although Hamilton call it H31)

View attachment 26137

I'm not sure about getting a Tourbillon, nice to look at but not something I've really wanted to get, it's a function that's not needed in a wrist watch more for show really, plus the price of them you'd be restricted (unless your loaded;) ) to buying a Chinese one and then you have to think about servicing and the cost of that (something IW never mention during watch shows), which could end up being as expensive as the watch itself.
Yep, the Matthey-Tissot one. Like that a lot. Day, date & chrono auto. I used to fly, so pilot watches/style appeal and is what got me interested in more decent quality watches initially.
(Also a peeve when an expensive watch or overpriced IW/fashion watch doesn't even have a date window).

But I never really got into the 'must have' IWC/Breitling, etc. mindset, despite their famed accuracy/quality. And the prices!

On your Joma link $800 US equates to about £630 which is far more affordable than IW's £1.2k+. What are the import taxes like, £30-£80 quid?
You can get the Tissot Le Locle 7750 for £800-ish now, but I don't like the old-style Roman numerals.

I might go the used eBay route to dip toe in first, one day.

Thanks for the TKmaxx tip also. They've got Traser (or 'Tras-aarrrr' as Seter Pimon insisted on repeatedly calling them🥴) and Mondaine for good prices compared to IW. Will keep an eye out.

Oh, I just saw a Tourbillon for only £85000 on one of those sites.... I'll have two! ⌚
🤪

TJC I believe. Just saw a JBordell in a TJC trailer saying he'll be bringing watches to TJC. Not only Nubeo but also *Earnshaw* I saw, and others! 😲
Will be interesting to see the prices they're selling them for. From what little I've seen of TJC they tend to sell watches for lower prices (closer to £100) but with higher sales volume (if their on-screen statistics are to be believed) than IW. The equivalent IW Swan & Edgar would usually sell for £130+ compared to Gamages, though it's fairly certain that Swan & Edgar at 'lowest ever prices' will turn up on TJC at some point (will they gleefully refer to them as 'bankrupt stock' I wonder?).

Though they'll have to find someone else other than the 'face of Gamages' to sell Swan & Edgar :ROFLMAO:

My Apple Watch does for me
Wow, expensive tastes! Seriously. I am wearing a Strada, Japanese quartz, date & second hand, which cost me £4 from TJC auction site.
Ok, it doesn't do voice, steps, and msg extra functions, etc., But tells the date & time accurately!!!

The relatively expensive watches we're talking about is more for admiring the engineering excellence quality (and not the fake horological masterpiece of exhibition of time b/s from PS! 🥴), and as collection pieces, more than wearing as an everyday watch. If you have a few you can choose one to wear each day, that's sort of the idea too.
Obviously if you have spare cash not needed for far more important things too.

Some people collect pottery, plates, dolls, carriage clocks, figurines, jewellery, gems, star wars memorabilia. I like watches. 😄

Though they'll have to find someone else other than the 'face of Gamages' to sell Swan & Edgar :ROFLMAO:
I asked earlier, but who is the TJC, 'face of Gamages'?

Kept seeing a London/Essex bloke as the expert/brand manager telling the TJC presenter about colourways, styles they try and do (yeah right). I don't think he was a Fields? And not Bordell.

I have a Huawei fitness (or lack of it) watch for daily use. I dog walk for a living and the watch is very useful in a) telling me I am still alive, b) measuring my single figure heartbeat, c) telling me I am 90 per cent fat BMI, and d) uttering anti-Google propaganda in busy supermarket check-out queues. In all seriousness, there are now active ways to properly allow Google apps on to a Huawei phone, which I also have…

I asked earlier, but who is the TJC, 'face of Gamages'?

Kept seeing a London/Essex bloke as the expert/brand manager telling the TJC presenter about colourways, styles they try and do (yeah right). I don't think he was a Fields? And not Bordell.

Tony old London type good salesman very old school say anything for a sale type

The On Screen sales numbers for TJC are 100% genuine btw I have seen more than enough hours where the numbers are single figures to realise this

And it looks like Jo Grimwood is the presenter tonight (if the website guide is to be believed ) that often changes late in the day

Very good presenter not usual much /any spin on things be interesting if she does present

Some people collect pottery, plates, dolls, carriage clocks, figurines, jewellery, gems, star wars memorabilia. I like watches.
Oh yes, and coins. People also collect coins. 😆. I have a 'couple' and have to resist Hatton's and others' Coronation-or Royal-related cr@p. I did get a free CIIIR Coronation one from London Mint Office (Tower Mint) 'cos I liked the abbey window engraving reverse and accurate profile, unlike others I've seen.

I have a Huawei fitness (or lack of it) watch for daily use. ... ... In all seriousness, there are now active ways to properly allow Google apps on to a Huawei phone, which I also have…

I avoid Huawei, but I have a TCL smart-step watch and TCL & Alcatel (French) phones, also now owned by TCL.

So the Chinese have got us either way! 🥺

P.S. Is it just me or does this emoji actually resemble PSimon: 🥴 ❓

80728CF5-60B3-4B30-BF97-5B2AC7CBBC3F.jpeg

Here he is…Kevin Reynolds-Bordell

The "Black Friday in July" event will be the strap used for the probable lowest price ever (including Ideal World)

As I said a few days ago TJC is now in a great position with these "brands" holding all the bargaining power knowing the way TJC works
they will probably over the next few months drive the prices down to the lowest possible point and one or two of the "new" brands will stay along for the ride with some falling away

Yep, the Matthey-Tissot one. Like that a lot. Day, date & chrono auto. I used to fly, so pilot watches/style appeal and is what got me interested in more decent quality watches initially.
(Also a peeve when an expensive watch or overpriced IW/fashion watch doesn't even have a date window).

But I never really got into the 'must have' IWC/Breitling, etc. mindset, despite their famed accuracy/quality. And the prices!

On your Joma link $800 US equates to about £630 which is far more affordable than IW's £1.2k+. What are the import taxes like, £30-£80 quid?
You can get the Tissot Le Locle 7750 for £800-ish now, but I don't like the old-style Roman numerals.

I might go the used eBay route to dip toe in first, one day.

Thanks for the TKmaxx tip also. They've got Traser (or 'Tras-aarrrr' as Seter Pimon insisted on repeatedly calling them🥴) and Mondaine for good prices compared to IW. Will keep an eye out.

Oh, I just saw a Tourbillon for only £85000 on one of those sites.... I'll have two! ⌚
🤪

It's VAT + whatever carrier handling fee. Been a couple of years since I've done it but the last one, Royal Mail charged £8 handling fee. So price would be closer to £800 but still cheaper than IW.

Only £85,000 you must have been looking a one of the cheap ones. :ROFLMAO:

You could save a couple of quid going to Ali instead.

And it looks like Jo Grimwood is the presenter tonight (if the website guide is to be believed ) that often changes late in the day

Very good presenter not usual much /any spin on things be interesting if she does present
Where in the TJC programme guide or TV EPGs does it say watches at 22:00? Or is that just from the Bordell trailer TJC TV channel ads interspersed?

Just getting Jo/extended Black Friday generic info on the Programme Guides.

Also, this 'Tony of Gamages', does he only work for Gamages/Fields or is he like Bordell?

Where in the TJC programme guide or TV EPGs does it say watches at 22:00? Or is that just from the Bordell trailer RJC TV channel ads interspersed?

Just getting Jo/extended Black Friday generic on the Guides

Also, this 'Tony of Gamages', does he only work for Gamages/Fields or is he like Bordell?

The EPG is the same information I am getting from the website, the promos on TV that have run for the past few days say it is at 10pm tonight

The generic nature is due to the constant changing of schedules but with a promo pretty sure it will

No idea on Tony I do not watch the shows (intentionally)

It's VAT + whatever carrier handling fee. Been a couple of years since I've done it but the last one, Royal Mail charged £8 handling fee. So price would be closer to £800 but still cheaper than IW.

Only £85,000 you must have been looking a one of the cheap ones. :ROFLMAO:

You could save a couple of quid going to Ali instead.

Like I said, 'only £85K' 😜
I knew you'd say that. Yeah, can go to £300k+ and more for top-end watches, if not £mills. Not my scene

Wow, AliExpress prices cheap compared to IW £1k+ Chinese Tourbillons, (obviously).

Is AliExpress 'legit/reliable'? Is it from their warehouses (like Amzn) or via 3rd party sellers like eBay?

I have only just tipped my toe in buying somethings I could only get from China on eBay, and cheaper, and was pleasantly surprised when they actually turned up, some via cargo container ship and some faster via airfreight surprisingly, in about 7days.

The speedpak/Orange Connect reliable shipping and parcel tracking system eBay setup for Chinese eBay sellers to be trusted works well, from what I have used.
Seeing my parcels tracked leave from Guangdong or Shenzhen, go via Hong Kong, airport, Heathrow to Royal Mail was cool! 😎

Tony old London type good salesman very old school say anything for a sale type

The On Screen sales numbers for TJC are 100% genuine btw I have seen more than enough hours where the numbers are single figures to realise this

There's a lot ways to describe Antoni Fields, but good salesman ain't one i would choose. :ROFLMAO:

Not sure what he's actually good at but i suppose we could say he's good at being an ex director, he's done that over 40 times. Oh not paying taxes, him and a fellow Director at Oberon Properties were caught trying to avoid paying £500,000 in corporation taxes to HMRC.

There's a lot ways to describe Antoni Fields, but good salesman ain't one i would choose. :ROFLMAO:

Not sure what he's actually good at but i suppose we could say he's good at being an ex director, he's done that over 40 times. Oh not paying taxes, him and a fellow Director at Oberon Properties were caught trying to avoid paying £500,000 in corporation taxes to HMRC.

Fair enough like I say I rarely see the shows and haven't done a dive into his history

"good salesman"

Gamages have had peak time slots on a shopping channel that sells a lot of stock for a good few years now with a product that everyone who would know on here says is practically worthless. So I will stick with that part

Fair enough like I say I rarely see the shows and haven't done a dive into his history

"good salesman"

Gamages have had peak time slots on a shopping channel that sells a lot of stock for a good few years now with a product that everyone who would know on here says is practically worthless. So I will stick with that part
So that Tony London/Essex type is Fields senior?

His son looks nothing like him when I saw him on IW Swan & Edgar show.

Father looked like Ray Winston, son looked like Adrian Brody?

Like I said, 'only £85K' 😜
I knew you'd say that. Yeah, can go to £300k+ and more for top-end watches, if not £mills. Not my scene

Wow, AliExpress prices cheap compared to IW £1k+ Chinese Tourbillons, (obviously).

Is AliExpress 'legit/reliable'? Is it from their warehouses (like Amzn) or via 3rd party sellers like eBay?

I have only just tipped my toe in buying somethings I could only get from China on eBay, and cheaper, and was pleasantly surprised when they actually turned up, some via cargo container ship and some faster via airfreight surprisingly, in about 7days.

The speedpak/Orange Connect reliable shipping and parcel tracking system eBay setup for Chinese eBay sellers to be trusted works well, from what I have used.
Seeing my parcels tracked leave from Guangdong or Shenzhen, go via Hong Kong, airport, Heathrow to Royal Mail was cool! 😎

Yeah a cheaper especially as they are the same watches. ;)

E1.JPGas.JPG

One on the left appeared on IW, one on the right is on that Ali page.

Yeah Ali Express/Alibaba are legit but probably akin to Amazon's Marketplace, seems to be full of shops and Ali do all the admin side of things.

Delivery depends on the shop and whether you want express delivery or just slow boat. I've bought quite a few things with free delivery and averages about a month, some times quicker, sometimes a wee bit longer. If it hasn't arrived by a certain time you just inform the web site and you get a refund.

Excellent painting. You have talent. I like the negative-style monochrome against the blue colour background.

If I may, around the mouth area, can't tell if tongue and lips or if a double lip/mouth, or if deliberate. Does the subject like it and will they have it.
Thanks.

As to the mouth, it is my very bad attempt at this photo.

Latest posts

Back