Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Who would another channel want to take from the IW presenter roster?

They have some very average and non-PC presenters in my view - ones a high profile (or the only one QVC) shopping TV channel I doubt would want to go anywhere near.

For me, the ones who could move on to something else would be...would be...erm.. possibly be..I am genuinely struggling to name anybody you would see as an attractive proposition for a remaining channel in this narrowing field to take on - particularly if IW does fold, with a tainted by failure reputation brought on by that very thing.

Mason is a good and active salesman but he is hardly PC. Where exactly would he fit in elsewhere? Selling trinkets behind a desk? Tim (don't know his surname) also has something about him. My Name is Den and Ryan? Where would go? You tell me? The fact both have been on IW for 20 plus years tells you everything. Crawley? Selling gimp masks on a horror shopping channel without make-up?...Oh hang on..he does that already..

I think Dean and Joe would likely do more hours on Create and Craft, Have wondered why Joe has never been used as a presenter on IW as when he has presented on Create and Craft he does well

Would anybody really employ Mike Mason and Peter Simon as said above both are not PC and are likely to say something wrong, Den If I was her I would retire

I would send Jess to CBeebies

Who would another channel want to take from the IW presenter roster?

They have some very average and non-PC presenters in my view - ones a high profile (or the only one QVC) shopping TV channel I doubt would want to go anywhere near.

For me, the ones who could move on to something else would be...would be...erm.. possibly be..I am genuinely struggling to name anybody you would see as an attractive proposition for a remaining channel in this narrowing field to take on - particularly if IW does fold, with a tainted by failure reputation brought on by that very thing.

Mason is a good and active salesman but he is hardly PC. Where exactly would he fit in elsewhere? Selling trinkets behind a desk? Tim (don't know his surname) also has something about him. My Name is Den and Ryan? Where would go? You tell me? The fact both have been on IW for 20 plus years tells you everything. Crawley? Selling gimp masks on a horror shopping channel without make-up?...Oh hang on..he does that already..

Don't watch other channels regularly, but have seen the occasional show on QVC and watch shows on TJC.

None would get a job on QVC, although it would probably make their boring shows more entertaining, it would ruin their reputation hiring any of the crap from IW. TJC, judging by the bullshit and shyster behaviour on their watch shows, they could utilise of few of the shysters if they had any vacancies.

I think Dean and Joe would likely do more hours on Create and Craft, Have wondered why Joe has never been used as a presenter on IW as when he has presented on Create and Craft he does well

Would anybody really employ Mike Mason and Peter Simon as said above both are not PC and are likely to say something wrong, Den If I was her I would retire

I would send Jess to CBeebies

I was shocked when TJC gave Andy Hogdson a job to be honest as I thought he was really, really awful on the Bid channels but as it turns out he's actually one of the best they've got on TJC now so who knows who'll end up where in the future.

Simon? I wouldn’t give him a job selling manure to cows. One of the worst shopping television presenters and most misleading on prices I have ever seen.

Hasnt Peter Simon said for about the last 5 years, this year will be the year I retire
Bearing in mind nothing he seems to say about anything ever seems checkable or checks out, I think you can take that as more BS. He even appears to be inaccurate about his age - making himself older than he really is anecdotes wise. A total enigma..

I never would have had Andrew Barnard down as a good presenter (some people still don't think he is) but he has certainly grafted hard to make the overnights on TJC his main domain

I think the Ideal World originals (or long-standing presenters) could find it tricky adapting it is a lot quicker and changeable than talking about Rattan on pre records for an hour :)

I never would have had Andrew Barnard down as a good presenter (some people still don't think he is) but he has certainly grafted hard to make the overnights on TJC his main domain

I think the Ideal World originals (or long-standing presenters) could find it tricky adapting it is a lot quicker and changeable than talking about Rattan on pre records for an hour :)
Did Andrew Start off Demoing DIY on QVC.

He was on IW about ten years ago flogging ladders in tights - ok..take off the tights..ooh er.. Always something charmingly sinister about him for me..I imagine he would play a very convincing grinning, psychotic sword waving madman in his acting career.

Programme on c4 tonight should be interesting 🤔 air fryers are they worth it? Let's see if they live up to the hype? Must admit, I have one and use it all the time 😎

Programme on c4 tonight should be interesting 🤔 air fryers are they worth it? Let's see if they live up to the hype? Must admit, I have one and use it all the time 😎
Quite interesting and there were useful comparisons between cooking methods especially in terms of energy usage. However it was disappointing that they only properly tested three air fryers against each other even if they used other air fryers as part of different comparisons.
And now it's Simon Peters on Ideal World telling us that Swan & Edgar have been 'going for over 150 years' (CITATION DEFINITELY REQUIRED)...

Quite interesting and there were useful comparisons between cooking methods especially in terms of energy usage. However it was disappointing that they only properly tested three air fryers against each other even if they used other air fryers as part of different comparisons.
And now it's Simon Peters on Ideal World telling us that Swan & Edgar have been 'going for over 150 years' (CITATION DEFINITELY REQUIRED)...
I counted at least 4 lies, misinformation in his opening speech 🤔 again, meca quartz movement used in high end watches, like ermmm, pagani design 😁

Latest posts

Back