Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've just had on the repeat showing of Mike Mason doing the TCL phone with free TV. At the beginning he done his usual guff about how much you would pay for each feature. Got it up to £2500 without the free tv. That's not how pricing a product works Mike but never mind. You wouldn't pay that for the top of the range iphone or Samsung.
He kept saying "What we've got is all we've got" in regards to stock. They were "down to double figures" at the start of the show. Constantly throughout the show he's telling us they're selling out fast and won't make it until the end of the show, will have to line up another product up to start a new show.
At the end of the 45 minutes they just sold the last one. But he was still encouraging viewers to keep buying the phone as the show went off the air and they've showed a full 45 minute repeat despite telling us they had sold out. They are not shown as sold out on the website. So, going off this information, and Mike I really hope you are reading this, it shows that Mike Mason is a fucking liar. I know we like to compare him to a barrow boy on here but I think he is more like a double glazing salesman preying on the vulnerable. This type of selling, and it's not just him on Ideal World who uses these tactics, are despicable and should be outlawed.
You may say "Well you can always turn over" but when these presenters are giving us the hard sell its like telling someone "Well you could have always asked him to leave" about a pushy salesman in your house.

Whole-heartily agree with you. (y)
No, I wouldn't advocate telling folks to turn over, I would tell them to keep watching, keep pointing out the erroneous info that IW keep spouting and let others know just what a devious bunch IW are.

Certainly not for one of these watches:rolleyes:
Simple Simon has learned a new word, "fascia";)

If anybody wanted that watch, they just need to wait, and they'll pick it up cheaper later, they just need patience and keep checking the web. :)

Would seem the brown and champagne dial colours are unique, and of course you can't get the ETA 2834-2. What a load of :poop:. :ROFLMAO:

Hayley on CODA hour earlier said the laptop is as good as a £800.00 pound one.

I know we've said it before, but this is the sort of bullsh*t spouted from presenters that really annoys me. If she said that, it's misinformation at best and at worst a lie.

I imagine the gran (who doesn't know much about tech) sitting watching that and, on hearing the presenters 'advice', deciding to buy it for her grandchild. Then I imagine the grandchild opening the present and the gran saying happily 'it's as good as ones costing hundreds more!' All you can hope in these scenarios is that the grandchild loves their gran enough to spare their blushes and say nowt!

Come on Hayley, show us a current laptop retailing for £800 that the CODA is comparable with in all key spec/component areas ... come on ... show us.

They love using the word 'probably' don't they … I wonder why?

'This is probably the best collection of watches we've ever brought to you.'
'Once this sells out, we probably won't be able to bring any back in to stock.'
'This is probably the cheapest we'll ever be able to do this watch for.'

Etc etc. In case you haven't guessed, it's their get out clause. As with politicians, using words like might, could, should, probably, likely ensures when they contradict what they're saying x days/weeks/months down the line … and they will … they never gave a cast iron guarantee so it's more difficult to hold them to account.

Slippery, very slippery.

Why is Peter Simon singing and the guest thinking he is the two ronnies

To be a so called professional presenter, it's these things (amongst a dozen others) that let him down. They're surely wanting to create an ambiance of quality, calmness and perfection, no? So how do they achieve it? By Peter singing in comical fashion at the start of the show!!! As for their bouncing the phone number off each other and as you say the faux two Ronnies stuff, it all smacks of 1970's humour ... and much of that wasn't even funny then!

I know we've said it before, but this is the sort of bullsh*t spouted from presenters that really annoys me. If she said that, it's misinformation at best and at worst a lie.

I imagine the gran (who doesn't know much about tech) sitting watching that and, on hearing the presenters 'advice', deciding to buy it for her grandchild. Then I imagine the grandchild opening the present and the gran saying happily 'it's as good as ones costing hundreds more!' All you can hope in these scenarios is that the grandchild loves their gran enough to spare their blushes and say nowt!

Come on Hayley, show us a current laptop retailing for £800 that the CODA is comparable with in all key spec/component areas ... come on ... show us.

To be fair, at least the guy Grant said, if you're looking for a laptop with a bit of power for more power hungry tasks, this is not for you.

I think what she was trying to say, she was looking at a £800-900 pound laptop, but this Coda will do what she's needs from the laptop just like the £800-900 laptop will, so she would be paying extra just for the high profile brand name. But she forget to add that the dearer laptop was also be capable of doing a lot more than the CODA which she doesn't need.
In other words she shouldn't have been looking at the dearer laptop in the first place, all she really needs is a notebook/tablet with windows and a keyboard.

On the CODA show, I find that Grant fairly good, he did say, if you want to play games that need graphics, then this isnt what you need, you need a better one.

Hammy60, honestly Peter was fine back in those days, he acted the clown more than anything

Latest posts

Back