Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A sound engineer in his busy career also, he says. Some might say an unsound selling technique at times. From electrician to recording engineer to lead singer of a covers band, to mainstream TV presenter, to 25 years or so in shopping television. How old is he? It's possible, I guess, but a bit of a stretch unless everything else was shorter term for him?
He said he was a child of the '70's, so must be in his fifties.

Torchy and Motormouth on together selling solar lamps. They really are dire.

He’s gone from selling well known brands and craft items with knowledgeable demonstrators (often the owners of brands) to, well basically, selling cheap and crappy tat. I didn’t like him on C&C and even less on IW. I wonder if he moved from C&C so that he could hone his acting skills as it was hardly a step up the ladder.

Torchy and Motormouth on together selling solar lamps. They really are dire.

He’s gone from selling well known brands and craft items with knowledgeable demonstrators (often the owners of brands) to, well basically, selling cheap and crappy tat. I didn’t like him on C&C and even less on IW. I wonder if he moved from C&C so that he could hone his acting skills as it was hardly a step up the ladder.
I wouldn’t risk taking a single step up one of their ladders. I’ve see more secure ones in Peter Simon’s tights.

I'm sure Dirty Peter is a close friend of Elton - all those singles dedicated to IW.
"Little Jeannie" - is in for a shower curtain;
Healing Hands - thanks to a collagen drink
I'm Still Standin - thanks to collagen, vibration plate and vitamin patches
Don't go breakin my heart - but Pete Vandenhaveabuy can repair it with tape
Ain't Nothing Like the Real Thing - but 'ave a buy of our bog water
Hey Nikita is it cold - with that fan, air cooler, air shower, neck fan........
You forgot about LED candle in the wind

LexLuthorSpacey.jpg

Slightly off-topic but linked in general to issues of time…I bought this classic 1970s Westclox ‘Space Age’ clock from eBay last week. It was sold as not working but actually ticks and keeps slow time from time to time. I wonder if the Professor or Hammy know if these clocks can be repaired? Mum and Dad were always told in the Green Shield Showroom that Westclox clocks could only be repaired by the maker..View attachment 29421
Duke, this brought back some good memories! My parents-in-law had the exact same clock for over 20 years! It was bought new as a gift in the 1970's (I think it was a wedding anniversary gift to them) and my late mum-in-law always said it kept perfect time, never repaired. It's still in the family, although I don't know if it's still ticking away merrily!

Slightly off-topic but linked in general to issues of time…I bought this classic 1970s Westclox ‘Space Age’ clock from eBay last week. It was sold as not working but actually ticks and keeps slow time from time to time. I wonder if the Professor or Hammy know if these clocks can be repaired? Mum and Dad were always told in the Green Shield Showroom that Westclox clocks could only be repaired by the maker..View attachment 29421
Hey, is that a Big Ben? It looks just like mine. Of course they can be repaired, that's the great thing about mechanical movements. Whether you would want to pay what watch/clock repairers charge these days is another matter.

Latest posts

Back