Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm not being funny but can you please BACK OFF!

IW presenters are very clued up on science and tech. Do none of you remember Deeeeeeennice saying this about the thermostat on one of the radiators they were selling:

And unlike other thermostats, this one senses the temperature from all four corners of the room.

;)

I'm not being funny but can you please BACK OFF!

IW presenters are very clued up on science and tech. Do none of you remember Deeeeeeennice saying this about the thermostat on one of the radiators they were selling:

And unlike other thermostats, this one senses the temperature from all four corners of the room.

;)
Of course Peter Voulezvous is THE IW expert on air when he is on air.

He knows that hot air rises and so he points the fan at the ceiling as this will be the hottest part of the room. But then again if you cool the air before it rises surely it will not reach the ceiling? I find this confusing and thus I'm looking forward to Peter V's instructive book "The History of Air and how to Heat or Cool it." A boon for airheads everywhere.

Anybody know what Presenters are going to Seen on TV.

Promo shows, My Name is Den, Paul Berk and Tim Britton, Pint Pot

Who's Pint Pot?

Guessing Tim "rich people don't have it easier than poor people" Britton's attempt at becoming a vitamin/supplement selling influencer through IG isn't going big guns if he's popping up on this down-market channel. It's almost as though those supplement MLMs are actually pyramid schemes where no-one gets rich apart from those at the top 💁🏻‍♂️

Not surprised Deeeeeeniiiice is back. She's run out of things to buy for her daughter.

Paul, though? That's sad, almost. Paul could be annoying on screen and just as prone to the BS sales patter as the rest but he did feel more human and down to earth. Plus it felt like his success doing coaching/speaking and voice over work meant he didn't need the oxygen of down-market selly telly work like some of the others who jumped ship to Shop Extra/SoTV/TJC.

Last edited:
Pint pot he’s Mark Reyes

Ahh, yes, thanks! Pocket size.

Denice and Paul are kinda of selly-telly B-listers but Mark is distinctly Z-list in terms of recognisability for me. He does seem like a nice bloke though and I imagine everyone likes him off screen.

But I've never felt like his on-screen sales approach or persona was strong or memorable. It's not annoyingly over the top or disingenuous — Rob Lamar shows you don't have to be — but Pint Pot is very diluted and bland. I'm not sure he'd convince me to put 20p in a charity tin let alone buy an heirloom luxurious Swan & Edgar timepiece.

That said, his blandness does make him a better companion to strong-personality guest presenters who have a script, like a certain Mr Simon Lies. Mark is less likely to try and steal the limelight.

Last edited:
I will watch a Hour maybe on Wednesday, But I noticed on the Promo, you See Paul Berk, if he does his dumb ass Woop Woop, I’m finished with the channel
Oh well, I found that quite amusing when he'd make the siren sound to pretend limited stock, or price drop coming, etc. Tbh, thought he's one of the better presenters with less of the 'fantastic, amazing' over-exaggeration hyperbole and a bit more factual and not manic, like many of them.

Oh well, I found that quite amusing when he'd make the siren sound to pretend limited stock, or price drop coming, etc. Tbh, thought he's one of the better presenters with less of the 'fantastic, amazing' over-exaggeration hyperbole and a bit more factual and not manic, like many of them.
Yeah I get What you mean he doesn’t over exaggerate.

Sorry for the rant haha but I looked into this a while back because GETTING OLDER SUCKS 👵🏼
Random post…
Un Doesn’t it just.
Just back from a week away on holiday in Norfolk and having spent some time having to carry my elderly dog who is no longer able to walk very far and realising that Its Blummin hard work carrying even a small dog when your over seventy I echo your sentiment wholeheartedly 🐶 🧑‍🦳

I thought we’d seen the last of Paul Beckway. He used to be on Create and Craft, used to have to turn the sound right down as he was so loud. Remembered one time he came on and slid over the counter shouting some garbage. The guest looked at him as if he was mad. I believe he used to be a Redcoat and an entertainment manager on a cruise ship, which explains a lot. Male equivalent to Foghorn Jacks.

411.jpg

Latest posts

Back