Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It’s a pity she never apologised for the rattan fiasco she was fronting up during the last days of IW2.
As for doing good deeds for charity,just keep quiet about it,better still don’t film people who will never have the sort of lifestyle she likes to portray.
The milk of human kindness runs very thin sometimes with certain individuals 🥛
There was a sketch show in the 90s, may have been Harry Enfield, and there was a character who "did a lot for charity but didn't like talking about it". Needless to say they did nothing but talk about it! Got the feeling they were having a pop at sanctimonious pop stars who gave 0.0000001% of their income away and got tons of publicity.

This appears to be the deal, then. Long-term strategy of selling cheap, bought in bulk items for pennies at those £7.99/£9.99 price points. If they shift in number, good profit margins. Would they need a new studio to sell this class of item? Probably not? Was there ever a new studio?

Occasional better items to supplement the majority £9.99 type stuff. All you can say is these Indian business people aren’t daft, and if this low rent goods for sale works, then why should they change?

For those of us wanting branded tech, decent name watches, high street branded products in general, it clearly ain’t happening on this channel at least.
They veer from ultra cheap to the hugely expensive such as Nubeo watches and the Opatra range. Bargain basement to luxury suite.

The strategy is baffling.

Look at the price of the 18k yellow gold diamond ring on TJC, only 23 left. Was £29999.99, price dropped down to £14999.99, and again tp £12999.99, and now down to £7999.99 with 1 more drop to come. What's the point. Just put the selling price on screen. Final selling price £2199.99. Reduced it even more because nobody has bought one. Now down to £1499.99, and 1 has sold.

Last edited:
Look at the price of the 18k yellow gold diamond ring on TJC, only 23 left. Was £29999.99, price dropped down to £14999.99, and again tp £12999.99, and now down to £7999.99 with 1 more drop to come. What's the point. Just put the selling price on screen. Final selling price £2199.99.

It's sad reflection of how some of our retail trade treat they're potential customers. It's all about conning the gullible/less fortunate in society to part with their money, cause the gullible love the thought of getting a bargain, present them with a faux bargain and they'll lap it up.

The CEO (Jeff Freedman) of Resultco (Heritor, Nautis, Reign etc brands that Emma is rep for) sums it up perfectly as to why they have ridiculously high RRPs.

"Today’s consumer needs to satisfy their mental state to want a discount when making a purchase. To aid the retailer we enhance the retail price with an expectation that the dealer will discount at purchase."

Look at the price of the 18k yellow gold diamond ring on TJC, only 23 left. Was £29999.99, price dropped down to £14999.99, and again tp £12999.99, and now down to £7999.99 with 1 more drop to come. What's the point. Just put the selling price on screen. Final selling price £2199.99. Reduced it even more because nobody has bought one. Now down to £1499.99, and 1 has sold.

Are we going back in time to price-drop TV?

There was a sketch show in the 90s, may have been Harry Enfield, and there was a character who "did a lot for charity but didn't like talking about it". Needless to say they did nothing but talk about it! Got the feeling they were having a pop at sanctimonious pop stars who gave 0.0000001% of their income away and got tons of publicity.

Mike Smash and his great mate Dave Nice, who worked at Fab FM.

Interesting to know the cost prices they pay on that Opatra stuff and the so-called big ticket watches. I think we might be surprised if we knew.

Indeed.

Plenty of chinese made watches with quartz or automatic movements for not much money with the kind of features that IW bang on about and you wouldn't need to put them on house insurance.

Tandorio -

Of course, it was Smashy and Nicey, I just had half a memory there!

Harry Enfield Show is repeated on That's TV channels daily, usually around 11pm. All the favourites - Tim Nice but dim, the Old Gits, Lee and Lance, Smashie and Nicey, The Slobs and Only Me.

She’s full of bog standard BS. The same cisterns of selling, day after day. Lifting the lid off her repetitive thoughts each day is worse than being chained to a radiator. The bottom line is her verbal diarrhoea leaves me both bloated and flushed so stressful it makes me. This is the tu rd time I am having to raise these views. I now need to put them down on paper, and roll them over to my local kamikazi unit to provide an armed guard in front of my TV screen to protect me from any more of her anal retentive ramblings.

Here’s Mac, the award winning BBC director, Walter pronounces. Award winning for what and when? Catch him standing by the cemetery gates most days…Mac’s by graves.

I don’t think I can honestly take his shy te this morning. It MAY help if I switch the idiot off.

Latest posts

Back