Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Go on Jezza, talk your sh1t about these cheap and cheerful £49.99 pre order aviator world time watches.
According to Pete these are big in aviation history, worn by all famous flyers including the top gun pilots.

You'd have thought being a big budget movie they would use Breitlings but no, they wore world time aviators only £49.99 from IW. Amazing.

According to Pete these are big in aviation history, worn by all famous flyers including the top gun pilots.

You'd have thought being a big budget movie they would use Breitlings but no, they wore world time aviators only £49.99 from IW. Amazing.
I thought pilots used the Bell & Ross brand watches. Peter just says anything that pops into his head, mind you, with all the sh1t the so called watch experts have said over the years, no wonder everybody just makes up stuff whilst selling them.

lol, they really do spout any old guff.

On a serious note, what annoys me about the guff is some viewers will believe it. So you might have an old granny (sorry to stereotype) looking to buy her grandson a watch and she thinks 'oh this is a really good brand with lots of history and worn by famous people.' So she buys one.

Then the grandson opens the box and the poor granny says to him 'it's a really good well known brand sonny, pilots wear these watches.'

Fine, sales people are known for stretching the truth, however this lot take it to a whole other level.

Jezza calls himself a watch aficionado, and then chats about Duchamp been a luxury brand, and you are getting a £2k watch for £489.99. Although I am not familiar with watches, I am aware of when someone is trying to deceive you. Just a quick Google search will tell you everything you need to know about this brand, which has copied the designs from Roamer1888.

On a serious note, what annoys me about the guff is some viewers will believe it. So you might have an old granny (sorry to stereotype) looking to buy her grandson a watch and she thinks 'oh this is a really good brand with lots of history and worn by famous people.' So she buys one.

Then the grandson opens the box and the poor granny says to him 'it's a really good well known brand sonny, pilots wear these watches.'

Fine, sales people are known for stretching the truth, however this lot take it to a whole other level.
I was reading something on Reddit about Duchamp watches. From what I could tell, the lady had been watching TJC. She was deceived by the sales pitch and purchased one for her grandson, as they claimed it was an investment watch that could be passed down through the generations.

Their target market is gullible grannies then which is pretty reprehensible.

I was reading something on Reddit about Duchamp watches. From what I could tell, the lady had been watching TJC. She was deceived by the sales pitch and purchased one for her grandson, as they claimed it was an investment watch that could be passed down through the generations.

Personally i wouldn't touch them with a barge pole (deceptive behaviour of the brand and IW sales crap) but in fairness their watches aren't bad, Swiss made will be decent quality as they're made in the same facilities as the Roamer watches (why they copied design), way better than the Swan & Edgar/Gamages/William Hunt/Solar Time/Resultco watches, but just not the quality and value that IW are claiming and certainly aren't an investment. As for passing down through the generations, it is possible especially for the automatics but will likely incur service costs which IW never, never mention and those service costs will be more than the watches resale value, might be worth it for sentimental reasons but thats all.

Latest posts

Back