Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I seem to recall the good physician saying today that the department store that closed in 1982 are ‘renowned watch makers’. Closed down department stores don’t make watches. When I last went in there, I bought some underpants and some lightbulbs…
Isn’t it the building that became Tower Records?
I used to like going in there.

I have a few friends in the building and shop fitting trades- a couple from when I opened my shop back in the mid 90s.
Every one of them, no exception, uses a Henry, and they need to do some serious cleaning work. When eventually a Henry breaks, and it seems able to take a lot to break one, they simply buy another- no other make gets a look in.
If there was one cleaner I’d feel safe in recommending to anyone, it would be a Henry.
Yes I've heard the same from various people who run their own businesses and wouldn't be without a Henry or Hetty. When my ancient Electrolux finally dies I'm tempted to get a Henry

Yes I've heard the same from various people who run their own businesses and wouldn't be without a Henry or Hetty. When my ancient Electrolux finally dies I'm tempted to get a Henry

I've a Henry, had it so long can't remember when i got it, it's at least 20 year old. Replaced the hose last year (spare parts are easily available on Amazon/Ebay) and bought a turbo head as well.

I have a few friends in the building and shop fitting trades- a couple from when I opened my shop back in the mid 90s.
Every one of them, no exception, uses a Henry, and they need to do some serious cleaning work. When eventually a Henry breaks, and it seems able to take a lot to break one, they simply buy another- no other make gets a look in.
If there was one cleaner I’d feel safe in recommending to anyone, it would be a Henry.

Had a few Henrys & Hettys too in my work, all the cleaners used them. Built like tanks.

For some really strange reason I disagree with almost everything sally says about that half zip fleese.
👀
Wear against the skin nope wear with a teeshirt in case you get hot and need to take it off.
Size up if you between sizes otherwise buy you Corect size.
Nope always size up with regatta

Isn’t it the building that became Tower Records?
I used to like going in there.
Yes, Professor. Spot on. Swan & Edgar was still open when I joined the BTP aged 18 in 1981. I remember patrolling the passages off the circulating area at Piccadilly Circus around then and the store had window displays at that level from its main location in the street above. I cannot remember if you could gain access to the shop below ground, but apparently you could. About a year later it shut and was empty for some time before the site became a Tower Records shop.

Latest posts

Back