Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The American soldiers in the Civil War were ahead of the time with their round crossbody water canteens. This is what the bags Gen is currently selling remind me of.
Many years ago me and my friends had 'Vietnam nights' we'd dress as American soldiers and watch Apocalypse Now etc. these would go well with our costumes :LOL:

£109 pillow price comparison to their £30 one. Jokers…You are supposed to price compare like for like items and not generic subjects. If they employed mature adults to price match and not pimple popping youths, things might improve. ASA asleep for the afternoon again.

Last edited:
I received a couple of DMs and two emails. I saw the banners by other people's names, plus they said they'd asked me last year (I haven't bought from shopping telly for ages so hadn't posted in months) so I thought it may be legit.

It is a weird message I have received. I only joined in January and the message starts off with, You graciously signed up to the Supporting Member program sometime back, and it’s members like you that keep the community full steam ahead.
That's exactly the message I got, so I'm guessing it was a copy & paste job sent to all forum members.

I've never signed up to the Supporting Member program, as the email says I have, so that on its own is enough of a red flag for me and that it's a bit of a phishing exercise.

That's exactly the message I got, so I'm guessing it was a copy & paste job sent to all forum members.

I've never signed up to the Supporting Member program, as the email says I have, so that on its own is enough of a red flag for me and that it's a bit of a phishing exercise.
I sent a message asking who they are and to put a message on the home page. We'll see. If it is legit, it could have been handled better, and no harm done

Same here, I never joined that

I don’t know what others think, but personally I would prefer not to have the banner next to my name on here. I suppose in a sense, it has encouraged, or does encourage, other people to sign up, and I assume that’s why they do it. But I would’ve preferred to have donated anonymously, as it were, and not to have it emblazoned next to my username that I’m doing so

TBH I love this site ... I love the discussions and it is rather a niche one. I believe it be totally genuine and I do donate to sites I use. I used to run a football one a long time ago and was appreciative of the odd funds I used to get.

Whoever is the admin now, allows us to keep on enjoying this and thats what matters !

I was thinking to myself what the hell are they talking about, I only signed up to use the site, not a support program. I even created a new account using a VPN to check I had not signed up for something without knowing.

Latest posts

Back