Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That smartwatch seemed to be playing up. Now replaced with another.

no apple, Garmin etc that has BP readings ... there is something out there which is like a bracelet and said to be accurate but selling a watch even at 30 quid with a BP reader is quite reckless ...

Found Samsung galaxy 5 has BP but FDA not authorised it yet.

My Huawei one was a dedicated blood pressure smartwatch. It had a working cuff and provided very accurate readings. It also cost me £400 and not £30. Even then I wouldn’t have relied on its readings entirely for blood pressure.

My Huawei one was a dedicated blood pressure smartwatch. It had a working cuff and provided very accurate readings. It also cost me £400 and not £30. Even then I wouldn’t have relied on its readings entirely for blood pressure.

the bracelet I mentioned is Aitka and costs 200

did you compare watch to a proper BP cuff and how accurate was it ?

Yes. My wife was an ED nurse and had her own Omron one. The watch was extremely uncomfortable to wear, though. The cuff would often detach itself from the main strap which was also a real pain.

ah right, I have an Omron one as well as I like to keep all by health markers tracked, at 51 I am obsessed with my health frankly, I fear dying if honest. I cycle a lot and at 75 want still to be cycling, it is an obsession. The big one I am waiting for is a watch that can measure accurate blood sugars !! whoever produces that and cleared by the FDA is going to rake it in it. I know apple brought a company doing that research, think Samsung looking at it.

ah right, I have an Omron one as well as I like to keep all by health markers tracked, at 51 I am obsessed with my health frankly, I fear dying if honest. I cycle a lot and at 75 want still to be cycling, it is an obsession. The big one I am waiting for is a watch that can measure accurate blood sugars !! whoever produces that and cleared by the FDA is going to rake it in it. I know apple brought a company doing that research, think Samsung looking at it.
I am a diabetic, and measure my blood sugars at least 6 times.a day, mostly in the evening when it tends to go low. I only get 50 test strips per month on prescription, and they are expensive to buy, so a watch that could give an accurate measurement would be fantastic.

My wife died at 57. I have seen a lot of death over my life. From having to deal with ‘one unders’ in the Police to my wife in 2021. If you can have a ‘peaceful’ death you are very lucky as a human being. A difficult death is the fear for me - not not being here any longer. I try to always take whatever travel or social opportunity with my partner nowadays. My wife always had plans for the future and then never got one!

I am a diabetic, and measure my blood sugars at least 6 times.a day, mostly in the evening when it tends to go low. I only get 50 test strips per month on prescription, and they are expensive to buy, so a watch that could give an accurate measurement would be fantastic.
for you it is exactly required, pricking yourself 6 times a day is not fun. Have you tried Free Libre etc ??

But a watch is something all makers are desperate to do and prove it works. Whoever cracks it will make a fortune from it, Think how many like you are across the world and would pay 400/500 for one ?

My wife died at 57. I have seen a lot of death over my life. From having to deal with ‘one unders’ in the Police to my wife in 2021. If you can have a ‘peaceful’ death you are very lucky as a human being. A difficult death is the fear for me - not not being here any longer. I try to always take whatever travel or social opportunity with my partner nowadays. My wife always had plans for the future and then never got one!

It is my fear, I know someone same age of me who is terminal cancer, he is an hero for what he has put up with, I would have killed myself a long time ago in his journey ... My wife works in a care home so here about the poor folks there with Alzheimers etc

Yeah a cheaper especially as they are the same watches. ;)

View attachment 26145View attachment 26144

One on the left appeared on IW, one on the right is on that Ali page.

Yeah Ali Express/Alibaba are legit but probably akin to Amazon's Marketplace, seems to be full of shops and Ali do all the admin side of things.

Delivery depends on the shop and whether you want express delivery or just slow boat. I've bought quite a few things with free delivery and averages about a month, some times quicker, sometimes a wee bit longer. If it hasn't arrived by a certain time you just inform the web site and you get a refund.
OMG

Mechanical, not automatic.
Yours for only £185k + p&p.

I'll ask again. If you don't like it why watch and comment?
If you switched off and stopped buying Ideal World would close in just a few months.
I answered you, as did many others, but for some reason you keep popping up asking the same question again and again.
Here’s the answer, for the very last time.
We watch it because it’s so terrible that often it’s funny.
They sell a perfume called ‘gammon’ for goodness sake.
If that happened anywhere in the UK before, then it was surely in 1960’s Carry On, where Peter Simon - a lad named after Saints, I see - would be at home, were it not for the fact that he’s fifty years too late and has a deficiency of actual talent (in my opinion, at least).
So we watch it because it’s terrible.
And as we’ve said before also - we don’t want it to close down.
At least I don’t.
I want it to be better.
I want it to be fun.
I want it to be honest- not to stretch those claims so far they shriek.
IW used to be all those things when it first started, you know?
And we watch it to help anyone googling the IW product range, and especially the watches that are even now being mis-sold as Swiss when they are Japanese, or Chinese, so they - those searching before buying - can see where the presenters claims might be, shall we say ‘optimistic’.

Now, tell us, because you never do answer this, why do you continually hang around this forum, only ever posting negativity, and usually attempting to disrupt our community?
Or do I have to wait until you post the exact same ‘why do you watch and comment’ all over again?

Last edited:
I come on here every morning to read what has been posted and this morning im close to tears

I was 14 and a Happy teenager, until one day, I suffered a Stroke at School, caused by a clot, I was walking down a corridor I had no Idea, until my eyes went strange, and don’t remember anything else

30 years later, I still have loads of issues, Mentally and Physically, Only one hand works, so my typing on here is done one handed, so that is why sometimes I make spelling mistakes, as my fingers work drunk, walking long distances is tough. Still have speech problems etc

That is mainly why I come on here, as I have too much time on my hands, I’ve made friends, this forum is safe, no creepy types

Regarding Blood pressure, those electronic ones never work on me, they always have to go down the old fashioned route, of pumping a cuff up

Mason is actually eating the food this evening. He didn’t keen to try Chef Food in Cupboards’ offerings.
I saw the last ten minutes of this show last night (the TV guide said Simona was on at 22:00, sadly she wasn't it was Emma and her watches) and the food actually looked mouthwatering. Much better than Mark Stewart's anaemic, undercooked, unappetizing offerings that the channel had been offering up up until now. A definite step in the right direction.

I saw the last ten minutes of this show last night (the TV guide said Simona was on at 22:00, sadly she wasn't it was Emma and her watches) and the food actually looked mouthwatering. Much better than Mark Stewart's anaemic, undercooked, unappetizing offerings that the channel had been offering up up until now. A definite step in the right direction.
I think there food budget suddenly went up. as It seemed more like a old IW cooking show

Mason and Jacks seem very family focused people. Simon, we haven’t a clue on, but if the dog bit (pardon the pun) IS true, at least he is animal lover. It is surely just about reviewing and if necessary, negatively critiquing their and others’ selling techniques on shopping television. I can’t see any more to our contributions than that. I also think that when something of quality appears on the channel (like the excellent food show last night) and the calibre of some of the other presenters, people in general here can be very positive about what they see. It’s not our fault that most of what we see still is not that positive. But with the new studios and the return of people like Joe, it brings some optimism for improvement in presentation and in goods sold. As I have said before, I think people want to see the channel succeed. but not with some of the questionable selling techniques that they use at present.

I've got a chronic health condition that has a 20% chance of leaving me in a wheelchair within 10 years of diagnosis. I'm 9 years in, on strong medication and its pretty much under control.

I'm 56 and do worry about how bad my mobility will get in the future. So I try to do as much as I can now (particularly holidays) and also try to keep myself as healthy and mobile as I can.

Well, I’m 61 and have been walking customers’ and my own dogs since 2010 and before for my own. I was doing at my busiest, 20,000 steps a day. Before that, I had nearly seven years in the Police, mainly patrolling on foot on the London Underground. God knows how many steps a day I did then. Nowadays, I do about 8000 to 10000 a day for work. Unfortunately, I’ve just found out both my knees are ‘shot’ and have been struggling on in agony some days at work. It is certainly one new knee for the worst one, with a second ultimately for the less damaged one. Not being able to walk dogs horrifies me, to be honest. It has been a large part of my life for so long. I also need the money - although I do get an NHS pension after my wife died. I’ve got through worse, so just have to deal with it!

Latest posts

Back