Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Apparently, this fragrance is “a poetic essence of a journey of senses”, “intertwined with life’s journeys” and “a magical preparation of a realm of fragrance delight”. Well, that’s me sold.
His word salad phrases are like something you get from an AI text generator. They seem like they should make sense but on closer inspection are just words from a thesaurus mashed together

For me, I have seen enough of him over the last few months to at times doubt myself for believing what I am actually seeing with his lurid and awful rhetoric on screen. I don’t intend after last night to actively watch him again, let alone post about his antics. Even the level of immaturity behind the scenes with the bogus texts seems to increase when he is on. Presumably they see him as somebody to have fun with - somebody who actively encourages it. Along with all of that, his selling techniques are beyond any further description from me. Draw your own conclusions on how best they help customers in making a fair and a generally informed choice to buy. As I say, I will not waste any further words now on his performances.

I watched Rob after 10 last night, and it’s surprising how quickly the tone, goes from manic weirdness, to sane selling, even though he was selling the same items, he had that light on, he kinda gave the details, pulled it up and down, and to show how rubbish he thought the item was, he was getting viewers into texting in there favourite movie, It’s not just him, you get Emma or Annie present In that slot and it’s like watching another channel.

If Sally or Peter were given that slot would they still be as manic, or would they change the style

There are several dinosaurs on there. They’ve done more or less the same routine for 15 or 20 years now. Nothing has changed with any of them. They big up the goods and do it theatrically well - well, one of them does. And they keep getting hired. No wonder they think that their routines are still vital today. Maybe they do shift a lot of goods on their particular slots. But is that despite them, rather than because of them – we don’t know. I.E. do people buy what they see as good value, and not because of what the presenter is doing.

People like Rob take a very different approach. You can see it from watching him that if he thinks a product is decent and he believes in it, he’ll put some effort into specifically talking about it. If on the other hand, he has been given a piece of tat to sell, he’ll focus on other things away from that product. It is subtle, but it is telling nonetheless. Mason, if he has some good gear to flog, has encouraged me to buy in the past - those U.S. Polo Association clothes on the previous version, for example. But all he was doing was enhancing what was a good product at a very good price anyway. There is no way he or any other presenter is going to get me to buy what I see is a piece of rubbish, despite what they say. I think people like Peters think they can do that very thing simply by hysterically exaggerating the imaginary kudos of say, some vile plastic flashing lamp by telling people it should be in the Louvre, when it should actually be in the dustbin. It convinces nobody and puts off most.

There are several dinosaurs on there. They’ve done more or less the same routine for 15 or 20 years now. Nothing has changed with any of them. They big up the goods and do it theatrically well - well, one of them does. And they keep getting hired. No wonder they think that their routines are still vital today. Maybe they do shift a lot of goods on their particular slots. But is that despite them, rather than because of them – we don’t know. I.E. do people buy what they see as good value, and not because of what the presenter is doing.

People like Rob take a very different approach. You can see it from watching him that if he thinks a product is decent and he believes in it, he’ll put some effort into specifically talking about it. If on the other hand, he has been given a piece of tat to sell, he’ll focus on other things away from that product. It is subtle, but it is telling nonetheless. Mason, if he has some good gear to flog, has encouraged me to buy in the past - those U.S. Polo Association clothes on the previous version, for example. But all he was doing was enhancing what was a good product at a very good price anyway. There is no way he or any other presenter is going to get me to buy what I see is a piece of rubbish, despite what they say. I think people like Peters think they can do that very thing simply by hysterically exaggerating the imaginary kudos of say, some vile plastic flashing lamp by telling people it should be in the Louvre, when it should actually be in the dustbin. It convinces nobody and puts off most.
Out of them all regarding the Bid lot, I find Mike the best

They were selling the Stanley battery charger on TJC this morning. It must have been around 5.20 am. As per the screen, 587 have been sold so far. My assumption is that the number represents sales from both channels. It shows their business model works, if they can shift that many at £29.99, when you can buy it for £19.97 on ebay.

I havs said that since IW mk3 came around, the only place I know where you dont get a discount (no matter how small the discount would be) for buying 2 3 or 4 etc, yet its that low rent they have daft graphics saying "buy all 2" "buy all 3" with zero discount haha!!!

PS even saying buy all 2 is pure amateur hour yet again!

I’ve never heard of this fragrance brand (and I am a perfume hobbyist) but, unlike the Gammon range, this does actually have some decent reviews on the Fragrantica website. This could be a rare quality product on IW!

Shame that they misspelled “myrrh” and “melon” on the promotional video thing though 😂
Mark Gould promoted this for years on TJC, before he launched his own range.

Latest posts

Back