Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Only the stupid wouldn't be able to see the difference between the two.
Hang on - we've had a shift in tone! Now I am stupid for not seeing the difference between being called stupid and being accused of saying something stupid. Have I got that right? Phew - at least you didn't feel the need to use bold lettering again. That's really frightening!

Whoever Paziz, they certainly do a great Mason impersonation. You can just imagine him saying some of what has been typed in an argument. Maybe holding a dash cam at the counter arguer to calm them down…All they need to add is they don’t mean to hurry you for a response.
Paz is? Your comments would hold more sense if spell checked. Just advice.

Hang on - we've had a shift in tone! Now I am stupid for not seeing the difference between being called stupid and being accused of saying something stupid. Have I got that right? Phew - at least you didn't feel the need to use bold lettering again. That's really frightening!
Struggling with the reading again, I see.

Only the stupid wouldn't be able to see the difference between the two.

I suggested that only the stupid would fail to see the difference between the two concepts. I didn't say that you had failed not to see the difference between the two concepts, and was thus stupid. Are you now saying that you did fail to differentiate between the two?

Hope the bold didn't frighten you too much. Have another drink a sit down - you could always put IW on to calm you down a bit.

Paz is? Your comments would hold more sense if spell checked. Just advice.
I can see the two of you are in agreement, saintslad and Paz.
interestingly, Peter and Simon are both saints….apostles actually, so the foremost saints…
🤣

Anyway, as we’ve all said umpteen times, we do find it strange that you hang around a forum where every single member appears to disagree with you, but each to their own, eh?

We seldom see this level of vitriol here, I suppose because this community was originally great fans of shopping tv, right from its early days. Many of us watched the IW opening night, supported the channel through the warehouse fire, and genuinely enjoyed spotting a bargain and having Christmas fun with Watters (RIP). Our love turned to indignation only as we watched the channel sell more and more goods (in my case it’s watches, which is the only thing you sell that I’m qualified to talk about) that were of poor quality and sold with many of what I would call half truths.

Let’s not have a flame war, but if you are IW presenters, can you perhaps feed back that we don’t really want you to fail, not at all. What we want is for you to be better. Perhaps say a watch has a Chinese mechanism, if it does, and that is in order to save money. That it will look good, at a cheaper price, but will have a lifespan of a couple of years - by which time, a ‘fashion buyer’ might be bored with it and want a different look, anyway. It’s the hyperbole - talk of heirlooms and putting them on the insurance that, for me, is beyond the pale. And the broadcast use of forum members names - which, honestly, comes across as sinister and rather intimidating. Do you intend it that way? I’d really like to know…

interestingly, Peter and Simon are both saints….apostles actually, so the foremost saints…
🤣

Anyway, as we’ve all said umpteen times, we do find it strange that you hang around a forum where every single member appears to disagree with you, but each to their own, eh?

We seldom see this level of vitriol here, I suppose because this community was originally great fans of shopping tv, right from its early days. Many of us watched the IW opening night, supported the channel through the warehouse fire, and genuinely enjoyed spotting a bargain and having Christmas fun with Watters (RIP). Our love turned to indignation only as we watched the channel sell more and more goods (in my case it’s watches, which is the only thing you sell that I’m qualified to talk about) that were of poor quality and sold with many of what I would call half truths.

Let’s not have a flame war, but if you are IW presenters, can you perhaps feed back that we don’t really want you to fail, not at all. What we want is for you to be better. Perhaps say a watch has a Chinese mechanism, if it does, and that is in order to save money. That it will look good, at a cheaper price, but will have a lifespan of a couple of years - by which time, a ‘fashion buyer’ might be bored with it and want a different look, anyway. It’s the hyperbole - talk of heirlooms and putting them in the insurance that, for me, is beyond the pale. And the broadcast use of forum members names - which, honestly, comes across as sinister and rather intimidating. Do you intend it that way? I’d really like to know…
Super post.

Struggling with the reading again, I see.

I suggested that only the stupid would fail to see the difference between the two concepts. I didn't say that you had failed not to see the difference between the two concepts, and was thus stupid. Are you now saying that you did fail to differentiate between the two?

Hope the bold didn't frighten you too much. Have another drink a sit down - you could always put IW on to calm you down a bit.
You know these friends of yours, the ones that live in the village? Are they all like you?

You know these friends of yours, the ones that live in the village? Are they all like you?
I'll take that to be a 'yes, I struggled', then.

If you're asking 'are the people who live in that village generally of the intellect to (a) be able to read English, and (b) logically parse a sentence, then the answer is 'yes'. Cowlinge is quite posh - but you already know that, don't you?

Last edited:
🤣

Let’s not have a flame war, but if you are IW presenters, can you perhaps feed back that we don’t really want you to fail, not at all. What we want is for you to be better. Perhaps say a watch has a Chinese mechanism, if it does, and that is in order to save money. That it will look good, at a cheaper price, but will have a lifespan of a couple of years - by which time, a ‘fashion buyer’ might be bored with it and want a different look, anyway. It’s the hyperbole - talk of heirlooms and putting them on the insurance that, for me, is beyond the pale. And the broadcast use of forum members names - which, honestly, comes across as sinister and rather intimidating. Do you intend it that way? I’d really like to know…
That I sell?

I'll take that to be a 'yes, I struggled', then.

If you're asking 'are the people who live in that village generally of the intellect to (a) be able to read English, and (b) logically parse a sentence, then the answer is 'yet'. Cowlinge is quite posh - but you already know that, don't you?
If such a thing makes you happy, you go for it, you charmer.

You see? Some people can post without being wilfully offensive.
The irony of that is that it was you (breathe) who came onto the thread a few pages back and started making abusive comments towards people completely unprompted. Comments like this, towards a member who said they'd joined the forum in 2017:

Joined this forum 2017.
What a day that was.

I'd never even heard of you before today, and you've had a whale of a time with me. Consider it gratis.

To try the 'holier-than-thou' approach is a bit rich.

Last edited:
I am just hoping Jeremy made it/makes it through his session with the lady with the huge upper lips. He said he was on a double-shift, and and when I last saw him, he looked like a man in need of a large comfy bed, a sumptuous quilt and a top quality set of noise blocking headphones. QVC might be able to help.

I'd never even heard of you before today, and you've had a whale of a time with me. Consider it gratis.

To try the 'holier-than-thou' approach is a bit rich.
I doubt anyone has had a whale of a time with you.
The irony of that is that it was you (breathe) who came onto the thread a few pages back and started making abusive comments yowards people completely unprompted. Comments like this, towards a member who said they'd joined the forum in 2017.
Agh! The bolds! Consider me chastised!

I actually took Muttley's comments to confirm that I had joined the forum in 2017, so I would hope my comment was not in any way abusive. Perhaps you would like to read it again. And maybe yourself calm yourself down a little.

Also, accusing me of being 'holier-than-though' is a bit rich, so it is!

I doubt anyone has had a whale of a time with you.

Agh! The bolds! Consider me chastised!

I actually took Muttley's comments to confirm that I had joined the forum in 2017, so I would hope my comment was not in any way abusive. Perhaps you would like to read it again. And maybe yourself calm yourself down a little.

Also, accusing me of being 'holier-than-though' is a bit rich, so it is!
Oh, Mike. You bore me now - mainly due to your inability to read properly.

By the way, it's 'holier than thou', not 'holier-than-though'. Almost as if you were trying to prove the point.

Latest posts

Back