Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Here he is, old Walter selling scent for £35 available around £15 cheaper elsewhere. ‘Ere, Charlie, check the price on Amazon and tell him to let the viewers know what they are selling it for. I’m not comparing…Don’t hold your breath..
IMG_2450.jpeg

Here he is, old Walter selling scent for £35 available around £15 cheaper elsewhere. ‘Ere, Charlie, check the price on Amazon and tell him to let the viewers know what they are selling it for. I’m not comparing…Don’t hold your breath..View attachment 27268
You beat me to it. I found it a bit cheaper than Amazon (£18.99) although not sure re p&p. Regardless, it just shows what GREAT value IW is ;)

They don’t read out price factual texts. Nowonder they are sitting there laughing. They’re also laughing at the mugs paying these prices.

Off he goes - Charlie, have we got extended returns?? Knowing perfectly well what the answer is before he asks it. What a sh…show..We‘ve got to move on..Two hours later..Put a clock on it…

I do feel genuinely sorry for any viewers that perhaps don't have access to the Internet and/or simply don't know about comparing prices online etc. Although the number of people in that category will gradually be decreasing, they are still out there, most likely predominantly older people.

Selly telly knows it has these captive viewers, which they exploit. But hey, family friendship fun, watch shop smile ;)

You could say that by continuously pressing the point that this is some ‘fantastic’ bargain, you are actually misleading people by implication who have no access to checking online that this really isn’t a fantastic bargain. Particularly when you keep quoting that it is £50 £60, £70 elsewhere. If that was being done on a decorating table with a couple of lookouts on a street corner, you think it might be questionable tactics, bearing in mind, a lot of these people buying are probably older individuals, and possibly on tight budgets. Pressing them to buy two instead of one on the basis of this is such a ‘wonderful’ deal, really is unforgivable.

Make the most of it, preying on the shopping ignorance of older viewers stuck at home with no technology skills. In ten or fifteen years time, that market will be gone.

Latest posts

Back