Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Only going by a handful of people I know and family members. But nobody has heard of TJC but they have heard of Ideal World. Even mentioning The Jewellery Channel and it sounds like something they would definitely avoid. In terms of brand recognition at least, Ideal World is a step up for them
I had never watched the jewellery channel or TJC and I had never even heard of bid up tv until I joined this forum. I had watched QVC and ideal world on and off from way back in the days when Steve whattley was on ideal flogging crazy Xmas items. Mostly it has been to watch the gardening programs in recent years.
QVC items when on sale only.
I was shocked recently when someone I have known for several years who was a regular shopper with QVC jewellery had been banned from shopping with QVC because she sent back more than 50% of the items she ordered.

While I understand fully that a company has to protect itself from what it sees as « time wasters » who have no intention of keeping the item they order I can also appreciate her shock that a company who pride themselves on their policy of letting you try before you buy to the point where you are told you can wear it out, use it, wash it ect and still return it.

She didn’t use it or wear it. she sent it back immediately after opening it happily paying the return postage if it in her opinion, didn’t look the same in « real life » as it did on screen.

I think that is something that QVC tend to keep rather quiet. Perhaps it is buried in their small print somewhere, but their presenters use the freedom to return items you are not happy with as a key sales technique all the time. I only found out by accident about the QVC banning thing from reading something about it on a consumer forum-possibly this one. I think the same goes with Amazon if you have too many returns, or goods not received issues. I would also be intrigued to find out how easy it is to return goods after a couple of months with this new version of Ideal World. Not that I would ever find out directly, because I wouldn’t buy from them unless someone was threatening to remove my eyes, boil them, and serve them up to me with a nice glass of VP sherry if I didn‘t.

When IW mk3 started out they made and still make a big noise about extended returns to 14/01/24....but that bonus is starting to dwindle away as the 14/01/24 gets closer and closer, So anyone who buys anything is getting less of a bonus, I wonder if on the 14/01/24 that will be the end of that.

Just seems a strange one, it would have been better to say something like any purchase until 14/01/24 you get a 90 day returns option.

She doesn‘t want us to stack up any big phone bills with this new 0800 number. She didn’t seem too concerned previously..Don’t worry, luv…I won’t be incurring any phone usage at all with the Granny’s blankets you are flogging this evening. Make your mind up… First you say they are absolute luxury. Now you say you can also use them as dog blankets. What a way to earn a living.

I must look out for these impossible to change the batteries because they are sealed up with no access products she warns us about. I can‘t think of a battery operated item I have ever purchased where you can’t access the batteries? Presumably to make us forget why they can‘t supply battery operated products with any batteries included. Now, we have ‘Carry On Stuffing Toys’ tedious double entendres time with a ghastly gnome with a priapism for a nose and no face. Still, if you think her tickle his bottom and turn his lights on seedy rapport is stuck in the early 1980s, you have the King of the Inappropriate on from 6 p.m. Right? Okay? Right? Okay? R….

Two plastic beakers you would leave in the food bag as a free gift from a burger joint with two cheeseburgers and two fries now…That’s funny, the flying out the door alopecia Canadian pine (design he’s changed that to now) has flown back in the door to put on a warm coat…Nothing on it to keep it warm outside..Shall we bring it back later, Tarquin, he says?? I wonder…I wonder…And now… migraine inducing cushions..

I simply can‘t watch that fu*****flippin’ cane again. I just can‘t do it. Real TV for tonight. We are going to try and get that tree back to you later, when you have had a few more sherries…Goodnight, Peter. Can’t take any more of this show now…

I simply can‘t watch that fu*****flippin’ cane again. I just can‘t do it. Real TV for tonight. We are going to try and get that tree back to you later, when you have had a few more sherries…
I've switched off in disgust. I just can't sit through more inane ramblings about the bliddy walking cane.

Latest posts

Back