Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just wondering, is 'Bisselling' a euphemism for some other activity?

Regarding the Bissell unit, I would be surprised if Ideal's 'Queen of Clean' didn't know about the much cheaper alternative to carpet cleaners http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1155613/Washing-liquid-beats-costly-carpet-cleaners-researchers-claim.html (I'm sure this method of carpet cleaning will have been very familiar to Shaun's Nan :wink:)

The Bissell woman is called Bev Hare. More like Bad Hair.

image.jpegimage.jpg

I knew I'd seen her somewhere :mysmilie_59:

Let me guess the furniture collection stock is 20% gone under 13 minutes. Complete load of bullsh*t, fed up with the lies you spout out. This furniture collection almost every month. Also you must checkout your baskets NOW because the phone line users are a priority. Yeah because you make money from the phone lines 09056 number 20p a min +phone company charge. Pervert pete needs to STOP using innuendo smut it's not on and suppose to a family channel.

Let me guess the furniture collection stock is 20% gone under 13 minutes. Complete load of bullsh*t, fed up with the lies you spout out. This furniture collection almost every month. Also you must checkout your baskets NOW because the phone line users are a priority. Yeah because you make money from the phone lines 09056 number 20p a min +phone company charge. Pervert pete needs to STOP using innuendo smut it's not on and suppose to a family channel.

Yeah: the Manson family

There was something of a Freudian slip by Peter Simon on tonight's furniture show. In the middle of a frantic sales pitch, he happened to spout out, "£500 is an enormous amount of money!". He was talking about the bonded leather chair he was flogging, and although he went on to qualify the remark as a '£500 discount', it was still a rare moment of honesty.

His sales partner was 'Mr Luxury' himself, Shaun Crawley, who spoke about similar chairs 'costing over £1000'. Utter nonsense, of course: within a couple of minutes of visiting amazon uk, I spotted a similar chair to the one Ideal were selling for less than half the price https://www.amazon.co.uk/MADISON-ELECTRIC-AUTOMATIC-RECLINER-ARMCHAIR/dp/B0182J6NMO/ref=pd_sim_sbs_201_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=41bjCUVe-TL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=844XE1CMGXG01VZR4EBS

Unlike Mr Crawley, I'm no 'expert' in the field of luxury furniture, but I do know that 'bonded leather' and 'luxury' are words that shouldn't really be paired together...it's also a little strange that an utter novice like myself can identify such a substantial saving for a very similar product in such a short space of time. It's quite ironic really; Mr Crawley citing other retailers who are clearly trying it on with their (supposed) £1000 plus prices, when Ideal's furniture is already considerably overpriced.

The comparison has about the same value as bonded leather i.e. pretending to be something it most certainly isn't it (a bit like a certain 'expert' perhaps) :wink:

There's a leather recliner armchair for £179 https://www.amazon.co.uk/MADISON-LEATHER-RECLINER-ARMCHAIR-RECLINING/dp/B00BO7K5EO/ref=pd_sim_201_2?ie=UTF8&dpID=41SztShYFsL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=D51GFJZFEB71B0DNSK1V Amazon also have customer reviews with customer pictures only 15 disliked the recliner armchair. Why spend £500 on an armchair no thanks you can go to france for the weekend for that price, thanks but no thanks idealworld.

Still crappy fake leather like IW are flogging, in fact the one on Amazon is being described illegally, its not real leather, its like saying a chipboard table made from oak scraps is a real oak table

Paul Becque was sitting inside a gazebo earlier, whilst Angela Noghani was spraying the roof with water. She asked Mr Becque why he wasn't getting wet, to which he replied, "Because I've got a roof above me". Well I never...they say you learn something new every day:mysmilie_59:

Paul Becque was sitting inside a gazebo earlier, whilst Angela Noghani was spraying the roof with water. She asked Mr Becque why he wasn't getting wet, to which he replied, "Because I've got a roof above me". Well I never...they say you learn something new every day:mysmilie_59:

I too watched some of that 'show' and, yet again, I got the distinct impression that Noghani Navratilova was grating on the presenter.

So I suspect she's one of the more disliked guests, I can't stand her. What an appalling woman :mysmilie_59:

So much for Village People Lloyd's wonderful Williams Waterless Car Cleaner. And those impending Hosepipe Bans.

Goon :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

Shouty Gollum flogging Dormeo mattresses just then, telling owners of king-size mattresses "Why not upgrade to Super King and DO IT NA-OWW", of course failing to mention that you need both a bigger bed base and room in your bedroom for a bigger bed. We don't all have super king-size bedrooms you know :mysmilie_59:

Plus he's been telling viewers that he's never known it to be this busy and it's about to sell out for the last half hour or so, but that's par for the course nowadays. However he did imply that a big chunk of stock had just been sold within a few minutes since the start of the 7pm hour so perhaps that one's for the Advertising Standards Authority? :mysmilie_10:

Speaking of the 6 sided Gazebo Dirty Peter says 'I bet they could have done with this on The Mall for the picnic'.

It's bad enough that this tacky outfit thinks a disingenuous '90p' postage offer is befitting of the birthday celebrations (those plastic chairs are often with free P&P) but now he's saying the quite appalling Angela Noghani is deserving of an honour for her work on his 'shows'. Dunno about an honour but she is an effin show.

To demonstrate just how spacious the Gazebo is Dirty Peter just claimed to be 6' 2".

Whatever :mysmilie_59:

Yes, just buy a Super King - doesn't matter if you have no proper bed base, no room in your bedroom and no bed linen to fit it. They are just incidentals. The man's a Grade A idiot.

Shouty Gollum flogging Dormeo mattresses just then, telling owners of king-size mattresses "Why not upgrade to Super King and DO IT NA-OWW", of course failing to mention that you need both a bigger bed base and room in your bedroom for a bigger bed. We don't all have super king-size bedrooms you know :mysmilie_59:

Plus he's been telling viewers that he's never known it to be this busy and it's about to sell out for the last half hour or so, but that's par for the course nowadays. However he did imply that a big chunk of stock had just been sold within a few minutes since the start of the 7pm hour so perhaps that one's for the Advertising Standards Authority? :mysmilie_10:

Pity that his electric blue suit was made for someone who is 4ft 11 inches, then. He looked like Norman Wisdom in that suit - all he needed was the cloth cap.

Speaking of the 6 sided Gazebo Dirty Peter says 'I bet they could have done with this on The Mall for the picnic'.

It's bad enough that this tacky outfit thinks a disingenuous '90p' postage offer is befitting of the birthday celebrations (those plastic chairs are often with free P&P) but now he's saying the quite appalling Angela Noghani is deserving of an honour for her work on his 'shows'. Dunno about an honour but she is an effin show.

To demonstrate just how spacious the Gazebo is Dirty Peter just claimed to be 6' 2".

Whatever :mysmilie_59:

Angela whatsherface has just gone down in my estimation if as she claims she is a friend of PS and just loves him dear god what is wrong with her.

I joined ST a few weeks ago and laugh so much at all of your musings, thank you ! Still abit puzzled about all the "pet" names you give the presenters and haven't mastered who's which, if you see what I mean! If anyone has a minute can you tell me please? Ta!

I joined ST a few weeks ago and laugh so much at all of your musings, thank you ! Still abit puzzled about all the "pet" names you give the presenters and haven't mastered who's which, if you see what I mean! If anyone has a minute can you tell me please? Ta!

Key ones to know are:

Howard "Poo Poo" Griffiths (obsessed with bodily functions)
Mike "Gollum" Mason
Genevieve "Genpleaseleave" Ni Raemoinn (annoying)
Dennice "De Knees" Robinson
Shaun "(Nan) Nanty (Nan)" Ryan (how he says £9.99)
"Pope"/"Pervy" etc. Pete(r) Simon (self-explanatory)

Also I think "Honky Tonks" particularly refers to Shaun "(Nan) Nanty (Nan)" Ryan's partner of which he's suspiciously quiet about.

Latest posts

Back