Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes, I felt exactly the same about AL. Always thought he was a bit cleverer, and a bit above it all. I seem to remember a lot of 'genial' criticising of the gallery and floor crew - it often felt like it went a bit too far sometimes. I also thought Loen was a bit up her own arse as well, despite the outward easy-going nature.
Didn’t really watch IW when Andy presented on there, but I did when he was on Create and Craft, at times it came over like he talked down to possibly much younger workers behind the scenes

Also found this old stuff about MM and this site.

Just had a read of that, christ wish i had been around here back then sounds like it was real fun.

So the Goddess didn't like folks slagging off Mike of the Masons, shame, not. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

What, as in Antiques Roadshow? 🫣
Yes, I'm afraid so.

Discussed earlier in this thread
If anyone has video please post, I can't find any.

One awful appearance "selling" (I use the term loosely, he can't) Nubeo "diving" sports watches as main presenter. With brand assistant (JB?) beside him.

No apparent clue about watches, movements, complications, had done no apparent prep and could not do live TV speech, TalkBack in ear from gallery confused him and repeated them, constant long umming and ahhhing and rambling unrelated anecdotes and spoonerisms thrown in. A true newbie.

He showed that there is a skill to TV live shopping presentation. One he lacked. On AR they can re-take; not on live shopping TV.

See initial PricePlunge's post earlier:

and:

Wow.

Lol. Just to mention one presenter I was never a fan of was Andy Love. Just something about him I found a bit smarmy and a tad arrogant perhaps when selling? Nice enough bloke I'm sure, just his style grated on me.
I read years ago I think that he was a former IBM IT guy who got into TV. Dunno if before/ after meeting Loen? Where are they now?

Also found this old stuff about MM and this site.

An old site/entry:

Wonder what he's up to. From the above 1st thread MM had shopping telly forum remove all mention of him a few years ago?!
Doesn’t seem to have taken events well..
IMG_0975.jpeg

The watch shows especially were terrible, a high percentage of them would come under "Fraud by false representation" (as do the few that TJC show).

As for one of the worst shyster, Bordell, remember he already does work for Solar Time brands and his wife has already set up a new watch brand for them to play with after they're failure in running an online watch retailer (Page & Cooper).

Yeah. Geez, you couldn't make it up: putting the 'con' into helicon ! 😲

(Don't remind me of my management- speak training... "Helicopter vision", 360 thinking, think up & out, et al.)

Isn’t he an ex-rockstar too?

Heard he's starting a new band with Sally & Shona calling themselves 'The Super, Super Flippin Hecks', they've even got a new cover album out called "How many left, is that it", covers of classic tracks include:-

1.Jumpin Jack flash (Stones)
2.Wee short Sally (Little Richard)
3.I think i'm going bald (Rush)
4.Little Lies (Fleetwood mac)
5.I'm the Doctor (Motorhead)
6.My Name is Mason, And I’m Awesome (The Very Very Awesome Song Band)
7.Frankie (Sister Sledge)
8.Nobody Knows You When You’re Down and Out (Eric Clapton)
9.Check it out (Beastie Boys)
10.Scam (Jamiroquai)

In all that star celebrity career strange no mention he's a 'sparky', could be useful for any channel worried about costs, a presenter / handyman in one. ;)

Heard he's starting a new band with Sally & Shona calling themselves 'The Super, Super Flippin Hecks', they've even got a new cover album out called "How many left, is that it", covers of classic tracks include:-

1.Jumpin Jack flash (Stones)
2.Wee short Sally (Little Richard)
3.I think i'm going bald (Rush)
4.Little Lies (Fleetwood mac)
5.I'm the Doctor (Motorhead)
6.My Name is Mason, And I’m Awesome (The Very Very Awesome Song Band)
7.Frankie (Sister Sledge)
8.Nobody Knows You When You’re Down and Out (Eric Clapton)
9.Check it out (Beastie Boys)
10.Scam (Jamiroquai)

In all that star celebrity career strange no mention he's a 'sparky', could be useful for any channel worried about costs, a presenter / handyman in one. ;)
I would buy a copy when they reach Poundland

From his Agency page. Accents include 'Liverpudlian' and 'Northern'?! Even his talent page can't tell the truth!

View attachment 26077
does a cracking Spanish accent too by all accounts, answers to the name of Juan Kerr!

It still amazes me Sally Jacks keeps claiming this 'northern bird' tag or in her accent 'nowvern bird'. She might be living in Lancashire these days but she sounds about as northern as Harry Redknapp.

@Hammy60 you missed caravan of love house martins!!:giggle:

does a cracking Spanish accent too by all accounts, answers to the name of Juan Kerr!

It still amazes me Sally Jacks keeps claiming this 'northern bird' tag or in her accent 'nowvern bird'. She might be living in Lancashire these days but she sounds about as northern as Harry Redknapp.

I wonder if her hubby is allowing her to live in the house or the caravan

Must be getting dementia, how the hell did i forget this one? :eek:

One of my late father's fav singers Barbara Dickson.

I wonder if her hubby is allowing her to live in the house or the caravan

I heard on the grapevine, that if IW hadn't gone bust they were going to start flogging a new range of Caravans, think they would have been a big hit with IW customers.

Shaun was going to be the ambassador for the Luggie Mobility Caravan.

Luggie Caravan.JPG

And Tim Britton was going to be the ambassador for the E-Life bike Caravan.

Elife Caravan.JPG

Only shows I really watch on QVC are there food hours, especially when Andi Peters turns up
Yes, same here. Enjoy the food segments, like the Xmas selection, AndiP stuff, hampers, beef/steaks, Hotel Chocolat and mainly the Real Pie Company (which went bust or restarted under competitor I heard and moved from Kent/Sussex to Midlands somewhere).

Like looking at the pies full of meat ( but I read on here somewhere they are stuffed for TV and not always like that on delivery???). Always makes me hungry.

The presenters actually put me off when they start ooohing and ahhhing about how wonderful and superbly tasty the pie is... What croc. It's a pie with meat. It's not ambrosia of the gods

Then I work out the per pie/item price, and for lesser items like sausage rolls, factoring in their high p&p and it usually comes to over £3.50 per item and I realise I can get same or better for much less locally! And there's not enough room in the freezer for all the pies, steaks stuff I want anyway!!!! 🍕🍮🥧🥟 😚

Latest posts

Back