'Random' Discounts / Free Gifts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

TheManWithNoName

Registered Shopper
Uber-trustworthy, game of trust Ellis, the one that wouldn't lie to us, but got Gemporia an ASA warning for mis-selling a Tanzanite ring is on......... (Hi Ellis, we know you're big fans of this forum :D )

First day of the tacky Christmas in July event. I'm not sure what triggers it, but they're occasionally picking a box off the Christmas tree 'at random' - and inside, there's a note, giving a discount or free gift, which the presenter reads out.

Of course, they don't know what's in the box.................

So far, i've seen 20% off reduction from the on-screen price - which took the item down to the price it's always sold for........ purely coincidental though i'm sure.

I've also seen a "£200 off" reduction from the on-screen price. I'm sure its purely coincidental though that it was picked out at random on a high-end Tomas Rae piece though. Total coincidence that the £200 off discount wasn't picked out on a £300 piece, or even.................. a £200 or less item of jewellery.

Then there was a 'free gift' pulled out 'at random' when Ellis sold a gold pendant. The free gift was................ a 9ct gold chain. How coincidental that the gold chain freebie came with a pendant - not a ring or a pair of earrings. Total coincidence I'm sure.

Jake has popped out to put an extra one on the tree. Hopefully it's a 50% off discount at House of Fraser so that Jake can use it to buy some shirts that fit. The one that he was wearing today looks like it had bene spray painted on him.

The I3 industrial diamonds were still over priced. Give me lab grown any day.

I was watching a few weeks ago when Ellis had a whale candle on sale. She alluded to it being at the final price at £17 by ending the auction, but she didn’t actually say it was at final price. She instead spoke about the microscopic whale carving in the candle that should have been sold separately. Then the candle later dropped to the final price of £12 in the system and she came back to call it a technical glitch they were honoring for that day, after which it would go up. It’s still for sale for the glitch price of i.e actual true price. After watching for a month I can see why so many people don’t trust what is being sold by the presenters. It’s a silly format and prays on lonely old people. Messages from Debs. Glenys, Christine who must buy trinkets every day. I just had to gasp and the awful dead diamonds in silver. Shocking waste of silver.

As I said before, if you can spot a deal and wait until sales or ask Steph to load from code at the breakfast show, then you can work it to your advantage. The south sea pearls from Australia and some coloured gems, like the ones sold by Debbie Cavill or Zambian emeralds, are the only ones i’d focus on.

The I3 industrial diamonds were still over priced. Give me lab grown any day.

I was watching a few weeks ago when Ellis had a whale candle on sale. She alluded to it being at the final price at £17 by ending the auction, but she didn’t actually say it was at final price. She instead spoke about the microscopic whale carving in the candle that should have been sold separately. Then the candle later dropped to the final price of £12 in the system and she came back to call it a technical glitch they were honoring for that day, after which it would go up. It’s still for sale for the glitch price of i.e actual true price. After watching for a month I can see why so many people don’t trust what is being sold by the presenters. It’s a silly format and prays on lonely old people. Messages from Debs. Glenys, Christine who must buy trinkets every day. I just had to gasp and the awful dead diamonds in silver. Shocking waste of silver.

As I said before, if you can spot a deal and wait until sales or ask Steph to load from code at the breakfast show, then you can work it to your advantage. The south sea pearls from Australia and some coloured gems, like the ones sold by Debbie Cavill or Zambian emeralds, are the only ones i’d focus on.

Ellis has turned into one of the worst shysters on the channel now. She's gone from being one of their best presenters to one of their worst, rapidly.

I just got sucked in as a newbie. I purchased a citrine sugarloaf cut pendant during one of the breakfast shows (not wheel), thinking it was going to be the lowest price until it is auctioned off as s last in stock etc. Nope, two weeks later it’s on the websale at £15 pounds less than auction price (current aud price below, i paid $203aud). Price pledge doesn't apply. Lesson learned, wait for good websales.

Attachments

• IMG_4872.png
    IMG_4872.png
    303 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back