Ramin Karimloo

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Aww gotta love Alfie Boe's version of Bring Him Home. Voice like Lindt chocolate.

I saw Phantom in it's first season in the West End. I ****** loved every second. I cried at the end. I was on the edge of my seat.

prepare to bawl at POTO, its fabbo with a capital F. Fabbo!!!! I cried buckets, Ramin was excellent as the Phantom, so heartfelt and emotional!

I've got Love Never Dies (the sequel to Phantom) in my lounge at this moment to watch tomorrow hopefully, Ramin played the Phantom in this too in the London production, but the DVD release is the Australian production so I doubt we will know many, if any, but it will be fantastic I'm sure.

Enjoy!!!! xxx

Got LND on blu-ray a couple of weeks ago. Very different to POTO but a brilliant production and the music is gorgeous. The soundtrack is even better than th visuals I think.

John Owen jones is playing the Phantom in Manchester. He's amazing.

As for Wicked, dont get me started.... FABULOUS!

Oh I do love a musical!

I love "bring him home" sung by the Irish chap whose name I have forgotten-it's my age you know!

One of my all time fave songs from the musicals.

Is Colm Wilkinson the guy you're thinking of,Gemma? Don't think anyone sings it quite like him imo x

I saw POTO last month when it started the UK tour in the Plymouth Theatre Royal (my local theatre lol), absolutely ****** loved it. I haven't seen the London show so I can't compare, but I would see it again and again in a heartbeat. I'm a huge fan of musicals, I haven't seen Les Mis though I want to! Last year there was NOTHING touring, but this year our theatre's packed so full of them we can't see them all! I'm seeing Oliver in August (Cameron's!), and a few others (Grease, Sister Act and Legally Blonde), soooooooo looking forward to them all! I would love to see West End shows but alas, stuck here in the westcountry no chance sadly (unless I win the lottery etc!!) Ordered the Royal Albert Hall POTO on DVD which was shown yesterday on TV with Ramin in!

Oh yes, John Owen Jones was fantastic in the Plymouth show! Katie Hall was too (Christine) - the 'chandelier moment' was surprising (we had 'glass bits' come down on our heads!!)

Last edited:
Anyon catch Ramin this morning? And on the tv yesterday when ch5 broadcast the 25th anniversary production of Phantom Of The Opera. Brilliant.

Shame it had to be Biagi doing the chit chat.

I'm going to see the POTO 25 tour production on Friday here in Manchester. . I'm wetting my knicks with excitement.

Yes and yes.

I loved the C5 broadcast yesterday, it was superb. We've seen it twice on stage, second time some years ago at Her Majesty's Theatre, where my DD got tickets in the stalls.....right under that chandelier.........:eek:

But yesterday's cast were excellent and the diction so clear and with the benefit of close up TV, we missed nothing. Loved Carlotta's facial expressions! Recorded it all on Sky+, so am hoping that for once, the damn thing works properly!

Love the enthusiasm for the musicals on here.....I hope this doesn't sound like a show off session for me...hubby and I saw the recording of the Alfie Boe DVD....when he Sang Bring Him Home ...one of the writers Jean Claude Shonnenberg ...played the piano as accompaniment....it was beautiful ...a bit surreal really and when Alfie sang ..sinatra's It Was A Very Good Year ..I was transfixed yet again....lovely show ......Marzy I totally agree about Colm....amazing as Jean Val Jean...the best ever .....

I too LOVE musicals and just saw Michael Ball and Imelda Staunton in Sweeney Todd in London. It was fabulous and although I am a huge MB fan though Imelda was amazing.

I have seen Les Mis loads of times it is my all time fav. I saw it last year with Alfie Boe and Matt Lucas in London. They were both great and when Alfie sang bring him home it was superb. Also seen the 25 anniversary tour and the live streaming of the O2 concert. I also have the DVD and it is on my iPad so I watch it loads at home.

Wicked is another fantastic show. As is Hairspray (because I love MB have seen it twice with him).

One of my old favourites is Smokey Joes Cafe. I saw it twice years ago but they don't seem to do it much anymore and I would love to take my new hubby as he would love the music.

I could go on all day as I love them and have seen loads. Try to get to the theatre about 5-6 times a year and try to get up to London twice a year to see a big one.

Ah Rosey, I was just going to mention Sweeney Todd - fabulous doesn't quite cover it does it? And yes, while Micheal sounds absolutely amazing it's all about Imelda for me (and Luke Brady who is gorge!!). I have to try and remember I'm not at home and scream along to SWEEEENEEEEEY!! Seeing Les Miz Monday week for the 65th time. Not sure if I like it or not;-) Curiously can't abide Phantom, or many Lloyd Webber shows for that matter, I can't care about the characters enough to give a toss what happens to them, I like them while the show is playing out but not after. Blood Brothers I try to get to at least a couple of times a year, or when I need an hour of sobbing! I've been known to start crying at Les Miz when I get my tickets out in the foyer. QVC missing a trick here, could be selling show tickets!!

Ah Rosey, I was just going to mention Sweeney Todd - fabulous doesn't quite cover it does it? And yes, while Micheal sounds absolutely amazing it's all about Imelda for me (and Luke Brady who is gorge!!). I have to try and remember I'm not at home and scream along to SWEEEENEEEEEY!! Seeing Les Miz Monday week for the 65th time. Not sure if I like it or not;-) Curiously can't abide Phantom, or many Lloyd Webber shows for that matter, I can't care about the characters enough to give a toss what happens to them, I like them while the show is playing out but not after. Blood Brothers I try to get to at least a couple of times a year, or when I need an hour of
sobbing! I've been known to start crying at Les Miz when I get my tickets out in the foyer. QVC missing a trick here,
could be selling show tickets!!

65 times! My goodness, you have got it bad! Once was enough for me!

Me to daisygirl!

I saw POTO last month when it started the UK tour in the Plymouth Theatre Royal (my local theatre lol), absolutely ****** loved it. I haven't seen the London show so I can't compare, but I would see it again and again in a heartbeat. I'm a huge fan of musicals, I haven't seen Les Mis though I want to! Last year there was NOTHING touring, but this year our theatre's packed so full of them we can't see them all! I'm seeing Oliver in August (Cameron's!), and a few others (Grease, Sister Act and Legally Blonde), soooooooo looking forward to them all! I would love to see West End shows but alas, stuck here in the westcountry no chance sadly (unless I win the lottery etc!!) Ordered the Royal Albert Hall POTO on DVD which was shown yesterday on TV with Ramin in!

Oh yes, John Owen Jones was fantastic in the Plymouth show! Katie Hall was too (Christine) - the 'chandelier moment' was surprising (we had 'glass bits' come down on our heads!!)

Im from Penzance and our nearest Theatre is HFC which puts on a lot of good productions - but seeing the POTO for the first time in, Plymouth really blew me away id only ever seen the movie [GERAD BUTLER]sexiest ever phantom!!!!!! so enjoyed im thinking of booking again for Bristol in june as were there, if anyone is a fan of the GERAD BUTLER film he had no operatic [is this the correct term] training ,was singer in a rock band ,fantastic gutsy voice.

Ah Rosey, I was just going to mention Sweeney Todd - fabulous doesn't quite cover it does it? And yes, while Micheal sounds absolutely amazing it's all about Imelda for me (and Luke Brady who is gorge!!). I have to try and remember I'm not at home and scream along to SWEEEENEEEEEY!! Seeing Les Miz Monday week for the 65th time. Not sure if I like it or not;-) Curiously can't abide Phantom, or many Lloyd Webber shows for that matter, I can't care about the characters enough to give a toss what happens to them, I like them while the show is playing out but not after. Blood Brothers I try to get to at least a couple of times a year, or when I need an hour of sobbing! I've been known to start crying at Les Miz when I get my tickets out in the foyer. QVC missing a trick here, could be selling show tickets!!

I thought I was bad with approx 12 times but 65????I think it need to go some more :)

I saw Blood Brothers tour about 15 years ago with David Cassidy playing the lead - he was amazing as I used to have his posters all over my bedroom in the 70's. Have also seen that twice since.

Omg rosey...that is amazing...David was my absolute heartthrob...forget ya Justin Berbers of this world ..I am so privalaged to have lived through that era...I saw him in the musical time but Blood Brothers is something I would love to have seen with Mr Cassidy....I was 8 when I fell in love with him.... :heart::heart:

hehe, it is spread over a long period of time!! I haven't seen anyone that famous in Blood Brothers, unless you count Natasha Hamilton (who was surprisingly good but way too young) but I'd have loved to have seen David Cassidy. I did see David Essex in 'All the Fun of the Fair' which was sooooo bad it was freakin' hilarious and I laughed so much (it wasn't a comedy) I very nearly peed myself!!! sorry for that image! I did see Nick Jonas as Marius. He has very nice arms.

I love phantom and have Love never Dies DVD.....very very moving ....Wicked is amazing as I keep saying....so clever and funny...and very moving......Blood Brothers....genius musical .........havnt seen Sweeney Todd but saw The Passion also by Sondheim...a more obscure musical but absolutely beautiful...saw it at the Donmar London ....never imagined I would see it live admits not as well know as his others but I love love love,it....should be some clips on YouTube....

I didn't even know David Cassidy was in it - it was booked as a group through the musical society I belonged to. A couple of nights before I was sitting watching the local news and it came on that he was appearing in the show. He was great and by the time we had finished all the young girls of the society who were about 18 fell in love with him too despite him being 45 by then.

I saw Nick Jonas as Marius and thought he was completely rubbish. Do not know what they were thinking to cast him in such a big role. Gareth Gates was much better at it - which also surprised me. But still no-one can beat the lovely Mr Ball - although he would be a bit old for the part now LOL

I wish I had worn my LG at long lash mascara when I saw Blood Brothers recently, for about the 6 time. You know I never cried at it until I became a mum myself. Sobbed and sobbed the last time, though...as did my mate. Our husbands looked at us, looked around and EVERY woman was crying.

I think Cameron was thinking of the money from the tweenies who came in their droves to see him! I have to admit it was rather refreshing to hear them chatting at the interval and on the way out how much they loved the show, even if they did mention the 'Susan Boyle Song'. Hmph!! But yes, I agree, he wasn't good enough to grace a West End stage but my faves were Mario Frangoulis and Matt Cammelle as Marius, though Michael I am sure will return as Valjean one day. I saw Passion too;-) It isn't one of the most cheery pieces is it? But it was beautifully acted and some of the songs are quite teary, I do like a good cry.

I wish I had worn my LG at long lash mascara when I saw Blood Brothers recently, for about the 6 time. You know I never cried at it until I became a mum myself. Sobbed and sobbed the last time, though...as did my mate. Our husbands looked at us, looked around and EVERY woman was crying.

If you don't cry at Blood Brothers you must be dead. do you find that the more you see it the more you cry cos you then cry before it's even happened? I'm tearing up now thinking about it!! Gizz a sweet!!!

I hate crying in public! But still do sometimes.....

It takes amazing talent to do those musicals.. I have acted in the past but am in absolute AWE of those who can act on stage, dance and sing aswell.

I dont mind if they call it the Sussn Boyle song. It brings the genre to a wider audience.

Has "tell me on a sunday" starring Claire Sweeney started yet? I'd love ti see that.

Latest posts

Back