Ramin Karimloo

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
Anyon catch Ramin this morning? And on the tv yesterday when ch5 broadcast the 25th anniversary production of Phantom Of The Opera. Brilliant.

Shame it had to be Biagi doing the chit chat.

I'm going to see the POTO 25 tour production on Friday here in Manchester. . I'm wetting my knicks with excitement.

Anyon catch Ramin this morning? And on the tv yesterday when ch5 broadcast the 25th anniversary production of Phantom Of The Opera. Brilliant.

I'm going to see the POTO 25 tour production on Friday here in Manchester. . I'm wetting my knicks with excitement.

Didn't see him this morning but I did see the Ch5 show yesterday which was brilliant. The only thing that spoilt it for me was the giant luvvie fest at the end- turned my stomach!

My hubby and I were so lucky to see les mis 25 year celebration last year at the 02 ....we saw sir cameron mackintosh walking in the corridor so I asked for his autograph...what a lovely lovely man ...more than happy to oblige and signed ...,,"thanks for being here ....". So sweet ....such a little man in height ...could have taken him home bless him ...les mis was wonderful and I'm a big fan of phantom too....I adore the musicals ...Blood Brothers ...etc too ...:heart:

So that's what that hoover's for then?

Now musicals are just fab, are they not! Les Mis is amazing but only with the bigger chorus on the London stage. I saw it with a smaller cast on tour and it didnt pack as big a punch. My other faves are Blood Brothers and My Fair Lady. The one I really wish I had seen is Cats. I was in New York when Wicked first came out but we couldnt get tickets..sad.

Now musicals are just fab, are they not! Les Mis is amazing but only with the bigger chorus on the London stage. I saw it with a smaller cast on tour and it didnt pack as big a punch. My other faves are Blood Brothers and My Fair Lady. The one I really wish I had seen is Cats. I was in New York when Wicked first came out but we couldnt get tickets..sad.

I love musicals but can't bear Les Mis. You probably think I'm a Philistine but I just find it over produced and pretentious. Going to put on my tin helmet now and wait for the fallout.

No Gemma, thats fine! It aint for everyone. However, although you dont like the whole musical do you like individual songs from it such as "I dreamed a dream"?

Lol no not at all Gemma.....one mans or woman's food is another's poison ....as the saying goes.....my boss loved it like me but her friend fell asleep lol::nod:

No Gemma, thats fine! It aint for everyone. However, although you dont like the whole musical do you like individual songs from it such as "I dreamed a dream"?

I love "bring him home" sung by the Irish chap whose name I have forgotten-it's my age you know!

:sad:
bring him ho me is amazing ...always end up in floods lol :blush:
Ah Alfie Boe singing Bring Him Home, and Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again from Phantom,no matter how many times i hear them they always bring a a tear.

I love musicals but can't bear Les Mis. You probably think I'm a Philistine but I just find it over produced and pretentious. Going to put on my tin helmet now and wait for the fallout.

No, I hate Les Mis too. Don't know what it is -just doesn't do it for me.

Funnily enough, I CAN actually listen to the soundtrack. It's just seeing it live that leaves me cold. (Seen it twice now but wouldn't see it again.)

I think it's a love/hate musical. Not one of those where you say, yeah, it's OK.

I used to think it was because it didn't have any speaking BUT saw Miss Saigon and loved it!

prepare to bawl at POTO, its fabbo with a capital F. Fabbo!!!! I cried buckets, Ramin was excellent as the Phantom, so heartfelt and emotional!

I've got Love Never Dies (the sequel to Phantom) in my lounge at this moment to watch tomorrow hopefully, Ramin played the Phantom in this too in the London production, but the DVD release is the Australian production so I doubt we will know many, if any, but it will be fantastic I'm sure.

Enjoy!!!! xxx

Latest posts

Back