QVCs shocking postage service

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

talisker25

Registered Shopper
I ordered a item from Q 4 days ago and it was delivered today by my Hermes courier. Yesterday I ordered some chocolate from Thorntons.. I bet you are ahead of me. It was delivered today, the carrier was Hermes and the same courier had both packages and postage was FREE.. This goes to prove in my opinion that the Q only pay Hermes for a second class service but charge the customer a premium. I have already challenged this with them on twatter, I use this as they can't delete my post.

Just goes to show it's not always Hermes at fault but actually QVC.The couriers get slated all the time and yes,of course there are good and bad experiences.It can't be the fault of the courier if the item is not sent out from the warehouse but they (q etc)pretend sometimes it has I'm sure.
Strange problems with delivery don't seem to happen so often when we order from other places.

I ordered yesterday evening from Marks and Sparks, £3.99 next day delivery, well I say next "day" my order actually arrived 14 hours later, and I ordered a few things from Amazon on Saturday, free delivery and they arrived today. You can get great customer service if you know were to shop. :mysmilie_14:

qvc dont care a jot the sell to millions of customers and they get away with it. charging champagne money for tap water service

I ordered yesterday evening from Marks and Sparks, £3.99 next day delivery, well I say next "day" my order actually arrived 14 hours later, and I ordered a few things from Amazon on Saturday, free delivery and they arrived today. You can get great customer service if you know were to shop. :mysmilie_14:
Ive ordered lots of books this year from Amazon, always free p&p and always delivered within 2 days, even on Sunday... Q could learn so much from them but they think they are the bees knees so will just go along as the are, letting people downs.

Ive ordered lots of books this year from Amazon, always free p&p and always delivered within 2 days, even on Sunday... Q could learn so much from them but they think they are the bees knees so will just go along as the are, letting people downs.

I agree, Amazon and their customer service is what all other retailers aspire to be. You're right, they do think they're so much more than a shopping channel based purely on being the most expensive place to shop, the food offerings say so. As long as they've got QVC America though to carry any losses and the QVC faithful who'll buy literally anything simply because it's QVC (I've no idea) they may carry on a short while longer but they need to remember the latest generation of shoppers who've been brought up with the internet, they will automatically Google and find the cheapest price, and will refuse to pay the extortionate p&p, so I think as the old school shoppers dwindle, so will QVCUKs profits.

when i mention amazon to qvc c/s they just say well we have different operating systems to amazon..well qvc were telling the truth. its the arrogance that they have a captive audience

I live in Spain and lately my orders from Q are taking between 18 to 21 days to arrive. The postage charged for Spain is high and one would expect a quicker delivery.

RM always get a bum rap regarding Q deliveries but I don't have any problems with any other company using RM so IMO it is the fact that Q have specified a 5th rate service when they have put it out to tender.

RM always get a bum rap regarding Q deliveries but I don't have any problems with any other company using RM so IMO it is the fact that Q have specified a 5th rate service when they have put it out to tender.

Same for Hermes - think you've hit the nail on the head there!!!

Has anyone had a parcel 'chucked' over their gate by Hermes because I haven't. I have had the odd one left on the step but not in the rain. .Perhaps when the drivers can't deliver to some of these customers it's because they can't be bothered to stop watching Q and get up off of their ar*** to answer the door.

Has anyone had a parcel 'chucked' over their gate by Hermes because I haven't. I have had the odd one left on the step but not in the rain. .Perhaps when the drivers can't deliver to some of these customers it's because they can't be bothered to stop watching Q and get up off of their ar*** to answer the door.

Our Hermes courier leaves a card if you are not in stating they will try again the next day. Previous courier used to just leave them by the front door.

I once ordered items from Lush and when I returned home from work one night at around 10pm there was a card pushed through my letterbox saying parcel had been left at the side of the house. It had rained all day, it was late at night so pitch black and when I picked up the box the bottom fell out of it because it was soaked and I was chasing bath melts etc down the drive.
I rang Lush the following day and they were most apologetic, said they`d resend the order plus a few freebies and told me to keep anything I could from the original order. Luckily most items in the order had been bagged individually so apart from being a bit crushed most of them were usable.
On Monday night I ordered my youngest son`s Christmas presents from a website in Germany. He has a hobby called War Hammer and this German website sells the special cases etc for his stuff. The items will be sent by DHL tracked and it cost me the grand total of 9 Euros. I ordered around 11pm last night and they were dispatched this morning. QVC live in the dark ages but will continue to do so.

Ha. Ha! I must admit I don't rush to the door if I'm not dressed, but not because I'm too busy watching Q, that's for sure. Also, my Hermes man does put things over the gate but only because I've told him to. It's sheltered and the gate is open ironwork so you can put one arm through to support the bottom of the package and lower it to the ground. He wouldn't do that if it was marked fragile. Never had any breakages anyway.

In all the years I have only ever had 2 Hermes couriers and never once had a problem. The o lay problems I have had with couriers is with yodel and make a point of never ordering from a company who use them.

I once ordered items from Lush and when I returned home from work one night at around 10pm there was a card pushed through my letterbox saying parcel had been left at the side of the house. It had rained all day, it was late at night so pitch black and when I picked up the box the bottom fell out of it because it was soaked and I was chasing bath melts etc down the drive.
I rang Lush the following day and they were most apologetic, said they`d resend the order plus a few freebies and told me to keep anything I could from the original order. Luckily most items in the order had been bagged individually so apart from being a bit crushed most of them were usable.
On Monday night I ordered my youngest son`s Christmas presents from a website in Germany. He has a hobby called War Hammer and this German website sells the special cases etc for his stuff. The items will be sent by DHL tracked and it cost me the grand total of 9 Euros. I ordered around 11pm last night and they were dispatched this morning. QVC live in the dark ages but will continue to do so.
So ****** annoying when stuff from abroad arrives quicker than with Q. I wonder how long Q take to deliver in other countries they are based. I bet we are the longest.

Funnily enough, at the moment, I'm definitely not experiencing any delays or difficulties with QVC's deliveries... and it's not because I'm not ordering things.

I don't know if it's just they are getting ship-shape for Christmas, or if the penny's finally dropped that they have to actually dispatch things to get paid... and speeding up that does wonders for your cashflow (though not my cashflow, of course). Now if they would only combine speedier deliveries as a matter of routine, with less bloated P&P in the first place, they would be in far better shape all round, I suspect.

The fact that actually turning around purchases quicker is better for cashflow, and if my experience is echoed across their customer base, I think it's probably part of a plan to address financial issues. Maybe a potential financial crisis is the only possible catalyst for change at QVC... clearly customers grumbling here or complaining directly to QVC is having little to no effect.

Latest posts

Back