QVC's most over used phrases and words ..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hello

Hi, I'm Tootie. New here today. I have to say I cringe every time Jilly says 'go for it'. I've lost track of the number of times she said it in the last hour.

PS Great forum. Been lurking for a while. Thanks for the heads up about the Elemis TSV. Managed to order it an hour before it sold out.

Debbie Flint - "Get yours before it sells out" whilst pointing that index finger at the price. Drives me mad.

''Dress it up, dress it down.''

''For you'' is a pet hate. As is '' jump to the phones''.

''Well done if you got that '' patronising !!!!

And my all time one when I really could do serious damage is Fiona ''Absolutely ''. All the ****** time :angry:

OMfreakingG this is my ALL-TIME pet hate!! You even see it in reviews on clothes websites. Can the whole world agree that when you buy an item of clothing, you can do what you like with it. It is not designated to day or night, it is an item of clothing to be worn when the whim takes you. This should totally eradicate the need, for eternity, for anyone to EVER utter this moronic phrase every again. Grrrrrrr!!! :whew:

Hiya TOOTIE and welcome - TWTS (toots in Welsh) = cute, little thing eg:kitten Glad you stopped lurking and identified yourself!!! A wave of my paws from SWWales (hugs) lol I H-A-T-E it when JFranks says I, I, I - I have this in blue ... I have this in our warehouse. I'm echoing what others have said, but it does make me grrrrrrowl and become verrry testy!

Hi Tootie:happy:

My pet hate is Jill Franks' 'and I kid you not' and 'you know me' - urghhh

I agree with the whole Ali Young - 'in the actual mouth area' thing.

The number of times I've heard 'teachers presents' this weekend. :thinking:

Last edited:
That makes me laugh too! Also another Jill Franks one is 'you are hilarious, so funny' when her face and body language are saying 'you're weird'.

JF always makes me think of my favourite quote 'it's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt'.......

I cringe at this whole "share the love" twaddle. Makes it sound like it's some kind of cult or something. Wait a minute, brainwashing.....must buy....hype.....rejecting online reviews because something bad might be said about them...the frenzy about certain products on facebook (elemis, anyone), convincing people that they need to have something in their lives and it will make their lives better.....maybe it is a cult! They will be asking us for lots of money and alienating us from our families next....hmmmm, my husband does hate me watching QVC...

Another phrase which annoys me is"give yourself a spa treatment in the comfort of your own home". Nooooooooo- if I'm having a spa treatment I want it in the comfort and luxury of a real spa, carried out by a real therapist ,not in my own bathroom which is in dire need of modernisation. Not quite the same is it?

Cooking up a storm -Simon Biagi everytime there's a kitchen/foodie show
purchase - why not "buy"
utilise - why not "use"
this will flower for years and years and years and years - OK, we get the picture

Anne Dawson 'I tell you what'/ you know what, most of what comes out of JF mouth & 'gifting' --what happened to presents?

If a beauty product is only a small/minature size "This works out very economically, you don't need to use very much at all to see a result so even this 15ml size will last you 6-8 months..."

If a beauty product is a supersize/salon size "This works out very economically, as it's such a big size you can afford to be generous with it and know you're not going to run out for 6-8 months".

AY's blinder yesterday: "I'm going to show you application techniques of how to apply this application technique to your actual body area". Great. Literally can't wait.

Latest posts

Back