QVC you need to change your process

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Fuzzyfelt

Registered Shopper
I placed an order on 22nd June and received an email on 23rd telling me my item had been dispatched, included in the email was a link for me to track my parcel with Hermes. I've been checking daily but still no delivery details. I finally contacted QVC yesterday and explained that I hadn't received my order and was told that they would have to send me a letter to sign confirming that I hadn't had the goods. I mentioned to the very nice Customer Service assistant that surely they could check the status and see that I hadn't had the goods but no they have to send me a letter - they can't even e-mail it to me.

Seems to me that QVC need to update their processess !!!!

They can email it to you, Fuzzyfelt, and you can email back to save time and postage. I think it comes from a separate department that deals with delivery problems and you probably won't get the email till the next day but it's still much quicker and easier. They sent me the form by email a couple of months ago - I assume they have not changed their policy? Call them back and you might get a better informed customer services assistant. Just say you know others have had the form by email.

I honestly don't understand why they are so reluctant to come out of the dark ages.
It's ridiculous.
I buy a lot on-line, and QVC is the only company where I have to ring and speak to someone whenever I have a problem.
Every other company has embraced the digital age, but Q seem stuck in the past for some reason.

I know they've got the App, but they can't even get the times correct on that.
Also, the App is useless if you don't want EP's because it doesn't give you a choice. You get them whether you want them or not. (Unless it has changed in the last couple of months).

I honest to goodness don't know how QVC are hanging on, I truly mean that. Expensive p&p, fourteen days (if you're lucky) for a refund and they talk about the 30 day mbg as if it's an amazing thing they've invented that exclusive to them not to mention everything they sell, apart from a TSV now and again, you can find everything they sell much cheaper elsewhere. In my opinion, because of the vast choice out there it's a buyers market, you can shop absolutely anywhere so I reckon shopping TV is on borrowed time, it's not needed now we have the Internet.

They chose telly-shopping because it reaches a huge audience, but I think they reckoned without the cost of running several TV channels instead of just selling pictures like amazon and ebay. Doomed, I tell you, doomed.

Their technical ineptitude is really another nail in their coffin. In this day and age, there are too many other ways to be entertained, and to shop, for them to rest on their laurels. I think they are far too wedded to the original US business model for their own good. They need to realise that we don't even speak the same language, even though they both are labelled English, so do why they think we're going to behave and shop like our cousins across the water?

They need to get some new blood in, look at their real competitors (not IW, TJC or any of the other minnows) and wake up to the fact that they aren't fooling anyone.

We do know how to comparison shop, and find outlets selling at a combined lower price (cost of product plus p&p).
We do know what a cheek it is them charging postage and packing, when the most the "packing" amounts to is sticking the plastic envelope with the packing slip on the outside of the boxes packed and shopped to their warehouse by the brands they sell... the most extra they do on top of that is stick a box in a QVC plazzy bag, or put strapping round when you order multiples of the same item. That's not a lot of packing, which means all the rest is really the postage charge which has no correlation with the size or weight of the package. So you have to wonder what we're paying for? I don't doubt that the brands pay for the privilege of appearing in 1 hour shows, and for QVC to store their products and foot the bill for all the packaging materials.

Unfortunately as long as they are getting 1000s of new customers each month, it's going to be a little while before the music stops and they realise that the profit party's happening at someone else's house. For now, they can kid themselves that what they're doing (adding channels, adding apps for smartphones, dollying up the website) is an improvement. It puts me more in mind of rearranging deckchairs on the Titanic.

These new customers may only shop once, the new breed of shopper that have grew up with Amazon not QVC and who are more reluctant to pay extortionate p&p charges, so may only shop with them once. Believe it or not the "free phone number" isn't actually free and you pay for that in the cost of your goods wether you use the phone to order or not. As for IW I've never had a problem with them, I'm sure people have but in my experience I haven't, and when I ring I pay for my call, no one else's.

I honest to goodness don't know how QVC are hanging on, I truly mean that. Expensive p&p, fourteen days (if you're lucky) for a refund and they talk about the 30 day mbg as if it's an amazing thing they've invented that exclusive to them not to mention everything they sell, apart from a TSV now and again, you can find everything they sell much cheaper elsewhere. In my opinion, because of the vast choice out there it's a buyers market, you can shop absolutely anywhere so I reckon shopping TV is on borrowed time, it's not needed now we have the Internet.

Despite what you think QVC is very profitable and in no way 'hanging on'

Despite what you think QVC is very profitable and in no way 'hanging on'

They seem to be making a lot of changes, if isn't broke why are they trying to fix it? I'm assuming QVC are "hanging on" because there are more and more disgruntled customers, and quite rightly so because I've had a shocking experience with them lately, and that's from someone who's shopped with them from day one. In my opinion, shopping TV days are numbered. Oh and if you get a mo, can you copy and paste their profit margin for this year? Cheers!

Last edited:
qvc sell tens of thousands of items a day. quite a lot are made for qvc brands so very big profit margins in that alone. the presenters dont look like they are on minimum wage and its all looking slicker by the day.

even the jewellery department that was flagging is growing again with new and old customers. qvc have to keep reinventing themselves and changing the goalpost to keep up. so far i think they are

qvc sell tens of thousands of items a day. quite a lot are made for qvc brands so very big profit margins in that alone. the presenters dont look like they are on minimum wage and its all looking slicker by the day.

even the jewellery department that was flagging is growing again with new and old customers. qvc have to keep reinventing themselves and changing the goalpost to keep up. so far i think they are

But they're not changing the goal post where it matters, their p&p and their prehistoric refund policy, it's this that will close them down in the end, and that's not to mention the fact they're the dearest place to shop by far. I bought a Kipling bag from Amazon, it was here the next day, no p&p, still had my money back guarantee, only if I needed it my refund would be back in my account in two days not two weeks (if I'm lucky) but the main thing is, the bag was half price, half price! I use to shop from QVC since day one and it became out of habit, the more I Googled the more I found everything cheaper elsewhere, I couldn't do that twenty years ago, but the new generation of shoppers have that luxury. What I think is, in the end QVC will just have an Internet shop, many stores are closing and just having a website instead and with the amount of overheads QVC have, I reckon the customer will only pay for them for so long,

QVC are shamed by the service of other online retailers - I bought items from Amazon yesterday (Saturday) afternoon and they have been delivered by courier this morning! And that was free P&P for products costing just over £20! So how come QVC can't get product to you in a week when they charge £4.95 on average, with some items being as much as £6.95? If I was ordering these items from them I would have paid almost as much again in postage costs.

I placed an order on John Lewis on Friday, and collected it in store today - so no P&P... and kept informed throughout.
I ordered on Ideal World a week or so ago, and had emails telling me when it had left their warehouse, when it had arrived at the courier, and when it was out on delivery.
QVC should be able to match Ideal World, even if they can't match John Lewis.

I am buying less and less with QVC as I can generally get stuff cheaper by trawling the net - and it's P & P free.

They really do need to do something to speed things up. I returned an item because there was confusion over the item number and I ended up with something I didn't want. I returned it right away and expected the usual 7 to 10 days wait to get the refund email. As of yesterday, their 21 day wait time, nothing had happened at all. I know they received it as I won't send anything to them unless I use a signed for service. Despite the fact I've had to wait so long, and the fact that I can prove they received it, I've now had to wait more time for them to check the warehouse and now I'm going to have to wait a week while they send me a declaration to sign. I know others have said it too but why isn't it enough for them that I can prove it was posted, received and signed for. It's not my problem if their warehouse process is so inefficient that products get lost once the post office drop it off. I'm now a month out of pocket for the item, I'll have to pay postage to return their letter and they barely apologise for the hassle. Frankly, with service like this they deserve to go down the pan. Why should the customer be the loser when this is a problem they created? I'm just glad it was something relatively low value and not expensive jewellery or clothing.

Now, compare this to a recent Amazon order. The products were purchased on a Saturday morning and delivered on Sunday - for free P&P. I opened the package up and realised that I'd been totally stupid and ordered the wrong thing. Similar stuff but nothing I could use, so I request a refund. They emailed the free returns label to me on Monday evening, the package was placed in the mail on Tuesday and on Wednesday morning I received an email from them telling me the refund was in process and would be in my bank within 48 hours. If they can do it, why not QVC?

On top of that, I'm still waiting for a delivery for an item ordered a week ago, and for which I have paid the price of next day Special Delivery in their P&P.

Latest posts

Back