QVC v IW forum readers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

IW used to have some really nice jewellery shows. Much more original than qvc. I remember a Spanish man who brought a 'nugget' style range of 18ct gold and diamond jewellery. Really liked it but it was pricey - £500-700. Probably be a real bargain now if anyone bought it. The Spanish guy was rather shy and his English wasn't great and I remember that Sean once did his 'confidence-building you can trust us' routine by asking the senor if his wife wore the range and which was her favourite piece and what's her name. Poor chap looked terrified. I'd like to see more good jewellery and less food mixers please. One look at their listings and the remote isn't troubled at all these days.

I remember when they used to have the Samy haircare range on IW (before it became available in Superdrug). Now that man was just plain embaressing to watch.

Do you think he's all natural? :cheeky:

342c6114.jpg

Can't remember the Spanish man, but they used to do a few lovely ranges of American jewellery. Can't remember their names exactly, but there was something like Generation 1912, Duneier and a lady (Judy?) who brought the most gorgeous range of rainbow sapphires. I think the only North American one that has survived is Korite and that is only very occasionally and extremely expensive.

Can't remember the Spanish man, but they used to do a few lovely ranges of American jewellery. Can't remember their names exactly, but there was something like Generation 1912, Duneier and a lady (Judy?) who brought the most gorgeous range of rainbow sapphires. I think the only North American one that has survived is Korite and that is only very occasionally and extremely expensive.

Ah yes, Judy Mayfield I think? lovely jewellery

Even their Czarlite is a rare sight now...........all those years in the making too, what a waste :rolleyes:

Perhaps jewellery just doesn't sell.

Yes, Judy Mayfield. They were expensive but lovely. Then there was the guy who brought along copies of all the real stuff his momma has. Momma could give Tova a run for her money. In fact maybe Momma is Tova!

They used to do a lot of tanzanite too. Some of it was quite nice. Did they have Moissonite as well? Don't see much Ammolite anymore either.
Apart from Linda Lusardi they don't seem to do much skincare anymore. Haven't seen the yoghurt maker for ages (the own brand one they binned easiyo off for).

I can recall lusting after Moissanite as a substitute for diamonds-until I saw the price. A good diamond will hold its value but I'm not certain that the sams can be said of Moissanite.

Who was Mandy, was she the one who used to do all the beauty shows and was into yoga and everything healthy? Why did she leave?

Yes, Judy Mayfield. They were expensive but lovely. Then there was the guy who brought along copies of all the real stuff his momma has. Momma could give Tova a run for her money. In fact maybe Momma is Tova!

That was Howard from Platinum Dreams although some of them were a little OOT they were realistic, I have a few of his less fussy pieces which are very, very believable which I bought before the prices got too expensive, no one can tell the difference between them and my Iliana pieces !

I can recall lusting after Moissanite as a substitute for diamonds-until I saw the price. A good diamond will hold its value but I'm not certain that the sams can be said of Moissanite.

I bought an expensive Moissanite which I was very impressed with, they look absolutely amazing, in fact that probably why I returned it, was so flawless no one would believe it was real, thankfully I came to my senses before it was too late, realising if I was spending £700-£800 on a created diamond I'd need my head looking at !

Latest posts

Back